• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much would Barkley have been paid under the franchise tag? This really is kind of a baffling signing.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Jones gets $40M and Barkley get $10M. None of that makes sense and like you, I am not a huge fan of Barkley either
Would the Giants win more games starting Daniel Jones and Matt Breida, or Tyrod Taylor and Barkley?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five years ago I might have agreed with you.
Barkley (today) and Geno Smith/Teddy Bridgewater/Nick Foles/Minshew/Brissett/JimmyG/Mac Jones/Tannehill/Ridder/Love/Mayfield/Purdy- any one of them

over Jones and Brieda-even Brieda of 5 years ago.

Is that better? :)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would the Giants win more games starting Daniel Jones and Matt Breida, or Tyrod Taylor and Barkley?
I like Tyrod, he just gets injured too often. Daniel Jones is so overrated, he isn't worth $40M.

I got Tyrod and Barkley. This also gives the Giants $25M more to spend on other areas so we have to take that into consideration too

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley (today) and Geno Smith/Teddy Bridgewater/Nick Foles/Minshew/Brissett/JimmyG/Mac Jones/Tannehill/Ridder/Love/Mayfield/Purdy- any one of them

over Jones and Brieda-even Brieda of 5 years ago.

Is that better? :)
Give half of those options (today) and Barkley (today) over this slapdick making $40M. Even Geno is making less

The Giants have a ton of WR's...problem is most of them are just average. I am not a fan of this collection-maybe if they don't pay Jones that big money they can look for better quality options paired with Hyatt (the rookie) and Slayton or Campbell.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give half of those options (today) and Barkley (today) over this slapdick making $40M. Even Geno is making less

The Giants have a ton of WR's...problem is most of them are just average. I am not a fan of this collection-maybe if they don't pay Jones that big money they can look for better quality options paired with Hyatt (the rookie) and Slayton or Campbell.
Well yeah, and granted, some of the names I listed are probably a stretch, but the overall point being- Danny Dimes isn't the difference between a decent team and a 'contender', Saquon Barkley is. Give the Gmen a competent QB, and a healthy Barkley, they'll win more than they lose, so long as the defense isn't shit. And Danny Dimes is a competent QB, perfectly fine, nothing all that wrong with him, he's just not a difference maker, and they shouldn't be paying him like one. He owes that contract to Barkley if you ask me. Had he turned in a 4th year of the way he played the first 3, he wouldn't even have been re-signed, let alone scored the mega millions jackpot, and those results are a direct result of having a healthy Barkley in the backfield, and Dabol coming on board as well.

As to the receivers..kinda besides the point, but since the quality of WR's can effect QB results, ok..they're all capable NFL WR's, most of them are above average slot type guys, and a couple capable #2's, zero #'1s, so yes that is handicapping, but its not like he was dealing with absolute trash. If your paying the QB in the same ball park as a Pat Mahomes, he should be able to elevate a Darius Slayton, or a Sterling Shepard or a Kenny Golladay for christ's sake, into a legit threat.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah, and granted, some of the names I listed are probably a stretch, but the overall point being- Danny Dimes isn't the difference between a decent team and a 'contender', Saquon Barkley is. Give the Gmen a competent QB, and a healthy Barkley, they'll win more than they lose, so long as the defense isn't shit. And Danny Dimes is a competent QB, perfectly fine, nothing all that wrong with him, he's just not a difference maker, and they shouldn't be paying him like one. He owes that contract to Barkley if you ask me. Had he turned in a 4th year of the way he played the first 3, he wouldn't even have been re-signed, let alone scored the mega millions jackpot, and those results are a direct result of having a healthy Barkley in the backfield, and Dabol coming on board as well.

As to the receivers..kinda besides the point, but since the quality of WR's can effect QB results, ok..they're all capable NFL WR's, most of them are above average slot type guys, and a couple capable #2's, zero #'1s, so yes that is handicapping, but its not like he was dealing with absolute trash. If your paying the QB in the same ball park as a Pat Mahomes, he should be able to elevate a Darius Slayton, or a Sterling Shepard or a Kenny Golladay for christ's sake, into a legit threat.
I keep reading about how Danny Dimes is suddenly going to turn into another Tom Brady, starting this season.

Has there been any sign of this type of metamorphosis?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading about how Danny Dimes is suddenly going to turn into another Tom Brady, starting this season.

I guess anything is possible, but 3200, 15/5 in year 4, with todays rules skewed so heavily in favor of passing the ball, sure doesn't scream favorable comparisons of Brady's 4th year of 3800 23/12 back in '03 where defenses were still allowed to cover and hit. He's much more Alex Smith/Andy Dalton/Jared Goff who can run a little, as a ceiling in my book.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know the weird thing is, I recall back in '19 when the Gmen were taking so much flack for taking Jones where they did, I was going on record that Danny Dimes would be the most successful QB of the class (Murray, him, Haskins, Lock-Minshew was in it too) , and depending on your opinion of Murray, I'd say that's arguably been the case..and I still think he's exceedingly mediocre at best.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know the weird thing is, I recall back in '19 when the Gmen were taking so much flack for taking Jones where they did, I was going on record that Danny Dimes would be the most successful QB of the class (Murray, him, Haskins, Lock-Minshew was in it too) , and depending on your opinion of Murray, I'd say that's arguably been the case..and I still think he's exceedingly mediocre at best.
Lol, pretty much accurate. Not a Kyler Murray fan at all.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never was a fan but I guess soon he can throw a pigskin over the mountains

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley was %29 of the total offense last year in terms of yards from scrimmage, %25 of the TD's scored
Ok, I'll play the role of Jane Curtin with the counterpoint.

Having a stud or elite RB (as necessary as they are to balance the offense), is no longer the prerequisite. The days of Payton, Emmitt, LT, Alexander, Bell and Faulk are over.

In the last 20 seasons, only 2 RB have been named the Super Bowl MVP. (The last was Edelman, and i doubt anyone is calling him elite.)

The NFL MVP in the last 20 years is no different. Only 2 RB were named league MVP the last 20 and none in the last decade. (Alexander & LT in 05 & 06 resply.)

As much as teams absolutely need a RB to move the ball, they dont need an elite RB to move the ball.

Teams that still believe in the elite RB end up wasting valuable team cap space which then limits what you can invest in for the other positions on offense.

Might be tough to name a team with a tier 1 or 2 RB who is earmarked to go deep in the playoffs. Maybe SF. End of list.