• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens coach John Harbaugh said the J.K. Dobbins situation is “complicated” but the team is working through it.
Dobbins was surprisingly placed on the PUP list at the start of training camp despite there being no prior indication that he wasn’t healthy. Dobbins was, however, absent from minicamp because of a contract-related issue. Entering his fourth season and seeking a new deal, Dobbins appears to be “holding in” as he was present for the start of training camp but did not participate. Harbaugh also put the onus on his running back when asked about the situation, saying, “that’s a J.K. Question.” Dobbins doesn’t have much leverage in the situation, so it’s hard to envision a scenario that sees him miss time, though this is undoubtedly a situation to monitor.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens coach John Harbaugh said the J.K. Dobbins situation is “complicated” but the team is working through it.
Dobbins was surprisingly placed on the PUP list at the start of training camp despite there being no prior indication that he wasn’t healthy. Dobbins was, however, absent from minicamp because of a contract-related issue. Entering his fourth season and seeking a new deal, Dobbins appears to be “holding in” as he was present for the start of training camp but did not participate. Harbaugh also put the onus on his running back when asked about the situation, saying, “that’s a J.K. Question.” Dobbins doesn’t have much leverage in the situation, so it’s hard to envision a scenario that sees him miss time, though this is undoubtedly a situation to monitor.
I'm taking Dobbins late in the first.

JK.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down goes Joe Burrow
If believe he has the same lingering injury as KD and he tore his achilles, I believe. Cincy needs to be smart about this, rest him for the preseason and try to get him as close to 100% as possible

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld posted their TE rankings for 2023
Kelce on top, sure, 2-4 Andrews, Hock, and Kittle- yep sure and any order of those three would be sensible, no issues..
but why do people keep shoving Kyle Pitts down our throats?

They guy doesn't run block, not, he's not that great at run blocking, he literally does not do it. And the Falcons are built to run, possibly even more so than any team in recent memory. The QB is a sophomore 3rd round pick with very limited experience, and wasn't exactly touted as a GREAT thrower in the first place, they draft Bijuan #8 overall, and his back up had 1000 yards as a rookie..they are going to be running whenever it is possible to do so. 3rd and 8? lets run a dive. 2nd and 12? lets go off tackle the other way.

Kyle Pitts was at just over 6 FPts per game with Marriota last eyar..what on earth makes anyone think that going to Ridder and adding Robinson is suddenly adding 5 pts per game for him?

I just don't get it, Kyle Pitts, in Atlanta, is a bust. Maybe he goes somewhere else for contract #2, maybe next eyar Atlanta finds a strong QB so that don't HAVE to run so much, and that'll change, but as it sits, the dude is a bust..stay away!!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce on top, sure, 2-4 Andrews, Hock, and Kittle- yep sure and any order of those three would be sensible, no issues..

They guy doesn't run block, not, he's not that great at run blocking, he literally does not do it. And the Falcons are built to run, possibly even more so than any team in recent memory. The QB is a sophomore 3rd round pick with very limited experience, and wasn't exactly touted as a GREAT thrower in the first place, they draft Bijuan #8 overall, and his back up had 1000 yards as a rookie..they are going to be running whenever it is possible to do so. 3rd and 8? lets run a dive. 2nd and 12? lets go off tackle the other way.

Kyle Pitts was at just over 6 FPts per game with Marriota last eyar..what on earth makes anyone think that going to Ridder and adding Robinson is suddenly adding 5 pts per game for him?

I just don't get it, Kyle Pitts, in Atlanta, is a bust. Maybe he goes somewhere else for contract #2, maybe next eyar Atlanta finds a strong QB so that don't HAVE to run so much, and that'll change, but as it sits, the dude is a bust..stay away!!
I think the offense is going to be very good, which will put Pitts in position to get points without a ton of usage. I don't think Artthur Smith wants a pass-heavy offense, so Ridder doesn't have to be Herbert, but he could still wind up throwing for 3,500 yards and 25 TDs. The real question for Pitts's FF value is if they'll give him end-zone targets. I think he'll get 1000 yards.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with everything you're saying in theory, but who else do you like? I go Goedert, Engram next, but for Njoku or Pitts you are betting on the athlete finally figuring it out.

I'm an okonkwo guy, but what's the upside really? I like Friermuth a bit, and Kmet has potential to take another step, but they're not running the offense any week through any of these guys.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the offense is going to be very good, which will put Pitts in position to get points without a ton of usage. I don't think Artthur Smith wants a pass-heavy offense, so Ridder doesn't have to be Herbert, but he could still wind up throwing for 3,500 yards and 25 TDs. The real question for Pitts's FF value is if they'll give him end-zone targets. I think he'll get 1000 yards.
but if they're built to run, Pitts isn't gonna be on the field. He's either a liability in the run game, or telegraph to the defense on pass plays. And if he's in, and its a run, well the DC's aren't stupid, shift to the opposite side of Pitts and overload, cuz if they try to run to Pitts's side, they have no lead, no set edge, we'll be alright over there..crash the other way. And no one will play pass first, so they need every extra blocker they can get.
Pitts can work in a normal, balanced offense, but man is he a bad fit for what's going on in Atlanta. I just don't see Arthur Smith willfully handicapping his offense in that way, telegraphing to the D, limiting your options to audible/change things because your TE can't play in line or block? I just don't get it.

As to the offense in general? Your predictions don't seem too crazy at face value, a competent NFL QB should be able to at least come close to those numbers, or he shouldn't be the starter..but that'd mean your banking on Ridder being an improvement of at least 600 yards and 8 TD's than the team did last year. Granted, 600 yards is only 35 more per week, and basically 1 more TD every 2 weeks..but I didn't exactly see much out of Ridder in those 4 games that would lead me to believe that's a safe bet. And when you factor in the loaded RB, the overall build of the offense being geared towards running the ball (except for Pitts)..I just don't see it, it requires far too much of a leap of faith for Ridder and his ability to take a big step in his development.

And finally, Pitts played 17 games with Matty Ice (3900 and 20 that year) he scored once, and Ryan LOVED throwing TD's to TE Tony Gonzalez for much of his career. Another ten 10 more games with Marriota, who loved throwing TD's to TE Delanie Walker back in the day, and Pitts scored a whooping 2 more. Pitts himself doesn't have a strong history of being a great TD maker.

the one thing I can't discount though, Ridder has never played with Pitts..so I suppose with that being a complete blank canvas, anything is possible, maybe that's a love connection on par with Brady to Gronk or Rodgers to Adams or Manning to Marvin..but again, big leap of faith.

I wouldn't plan on more than 800 and 5 for Pitts (actually banking on 500 and less than 5)..no way I'm drafting him to be my TE1 especially at the cost his name value still brings. He's still a hold in dynasty/keeper leagues, hoping he gets a situation change, but dang, I just don't see it happening for him this season. Maybe if they had acquired a more proven QB? I dunno, just a lot of "if this happens and if that happens" type of stuff that has to fall in his favor to make him worth what his draft day price will be.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in other news..Dalvin Cook himself says the odds of him signing with the Jets are high..well, fade that Breece Hall stock, fade that Davlin Cook stock, sell any Michael Carter/Z Knight stock you may have been squireling away.

Any chance Cook signs a single year deal?? not IMHO..this isn't just affecting B. Hall in 2023 I don't think. Bummer. Makes me even happier I wanted Kenny Walker over him last year..

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in other news..Dalvin Cook himself says the odds of him signing with the Jets are high..well, fade that Breece Hall stock, fade that Davlin Cook stock, sell any Michael Carter/Z Knight stock you may have been squireling away.

Any chance Cook signs a single year deal?? not IMHO..this isn't just affecting B. Hall in 2023 I don't think. Bummer. Makes me even happier I wanted Kenny Walker over him last year..

sad workaholics GIF

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe BB see's Zeke in the old Blount role, a TD machine?
They hosted Fournette earlier too. Both would be that Blounte type back. But Stevenson ain't little...just let the guy do his thing, spend the cash on Jarvis Landry or defense or something.

TyMo is also dinged up again, so that could also be pushing the issue, don't think they care much for Pierre Strong's pass pro

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They hosted Fournette earlier too. Both would be that Blounte type back. But Stevenson ain't little...just let the guy do his thing, spend the cash on Jarvis Landry or defense or something.

TyMo is also dinged up again, so that could also be pushing the issue, don't think they care much for Pierre Strong's pass pro
Treff, who has stock in Stevenson everywhere, sending his message to the Pats.

"Your RB room is fine...."

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Deejay Dallas is the top dog, Seattle better visit the local shelter.