• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like N. Hines is done for '23. Bills RB room gets slightly less muddled for the time being

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The RBs situation this season seems extra messy.
Isnt it too late to sign?
Thought that was the same issue with Barkley? Its already past the date to sign?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The RBs situation this season seems extra messy.
Doesn't surprise me. I hope both he and Barkley sit out all year, and that the Gmen and Raiders both SUCK because of it. The NFL needs to get off this absof'nlutely ridiculous trend of not paying these guys. That Lil shit Pollard should join them.

RB's get used and abused then tossed aside like a 2 dollar hooker on nickel night, and it's just plain wrong.

50% or more of the offense goes through these dudes and they just get shit on. They touch the ball more than anyone but the QB, they should be paid accordingly. I get not signing them long term, I truly do, and I think that's fair, BUT, they should be getting big money on the front end, and massive performance incentives on the back ends, at the very least.
Something has to change, and I think the only way to do it is for them to sit out and let the owners/GM's squirm as their teams trot out has beens and never will bes to try and get the job done, and it doesn't get done.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't surprise me. I hope both he and Barkley sit out all year, and that the Gmen and Raiders both SUCK because of it. The NFL needs to get off this absof'nlutely ridiculous trend of not paying these guys. That Lil shit Pollard should join them.

RB's get used and abused then tossed aside like a 2 dollar hooker on nickel night, and it's just plain wrong.

50% or more of the offense goes through these dudes and they just get shit on. They touch the ball more than anyone but the QB, they should be paid accordingly. I get not signing them long term, I truly do, and I think that's fair, BUT, they should be getting big money on the front end, and massive performance incentives on the back ends, at the very least.
Something has to change, and I think the only way to do it is for them to sit out and let the owners/GM's squirm as their teams trot out has beens and never will bes to try and get the job done, and it doesn't get done.
Yeah RBs are getting the shitty end of the stick for sure. Should be a way to pay rookie RBs who perform really well the pay they deserve because the shelf life is so short for a RB. The franchise tag for RBs is like adding insult to injury, as a team tries to get that final big season out of the RB for cheap before throwing them to the curb.
Someone posted this on the NFL general forum and I think it has merit:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rookie contracts for running backs should change from four years to three years with a 4th year option instead of a 5th year option for the few 1st rounders there are anymore. That might help a little bit to get them to free agency a year younger.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean..I'm glad he was able to secure some performance based incentives, but they aren't nearly enough IMHO.

Barkley was %29 of the total offense last year in terms of yards from scrimmage, %25 of the TD's scored, and if he reaches the minimums of those incentives, he'll be about that agian this year.
And Lord only knows just how much of Daniel Jones break through is directly tied to the fact that Barkley was on the field and %100 for the entire season for the first time in Jones's career. Dabol surely had an impact, but no one could convince me that Barkley wasn't as much of a, if not a greater, factor in that career year for Jones. He's the only reliable offensive threat on that roster, including the QB.

he deserves much more than 10 mil base and max of just under 12, for one damned year. Just sad

And BTW..I don't even like Barkley and think he's slightly over rated---

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean..I'm glad he was able to secure some performance based incentives, but they aren't nearly enough IMHO.

Barkley was %29 of the total offense last year in terms of yards from scrimmage, %25 of the TD's scored, and if he reaches the minimums of those incentives, he'll be about that agian this year.
And Lord only knows just how much of Daniel Jones break through is directly tied to the fact that Barkley was on the field and %100 for the entire season for the first time in Jones's career. Dabol surely had an impact, but no one could convince me that Barkley wasn't as much of a, if not a greater, factor in that career year for Jones. He's the only reliable offensive threat on that roster, including the QB.

he deserves much more than 10 mil base and max of just under 12, for one damned year. Just sad

Barkley definitely took a lost on that contract but not sure what else he could have done to do better. Not getting a clause saying no more franchise tag is what surprises me.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley definitely took a lost on that contract but not sure what else he could have done to do better. Not getting a clause saying no more franchise tag is what surprises me.
well if they do it again next year, it'll be a minimum $12 million, so at least there's that

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Daniel Jones gets $40M and Barkley get $10M. None of that makes sense and like you, I am not a huge fan of Barkley either

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously? This guy have anything left in the tank?
I"m really curious as to the amount of the contract, especially given the lowball offers for RB's...but I can't find any info on this one.

My best guess is that this is much more of a retirement type contract, with the caveat that they're giving him a shot at making the roster, but most likely ends up being a deal where he's allowed to retire as a Saint rather than be cut. Basically like those 1 day deals for the vets to go out with the team they shined best on, he just happens to have a shot to make the team as well. I sure hope its a vet minimum, or close to it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3