• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's not sleeping on him, and then there's a Lil bit o craziness. As we sit today there's zero reason to consider him in the first round of a rookie draft. Fantasy Pros has his ADP at 41, 15th RB, fantasy calculator his it at 29, 11th RB taken.
You should be able to get him in the second, or later, baring some other craziness in your league. Target him, but don't get silly
oh i agree. I just meant as a pure runner, Hes good. Likely not a 3 down back, nothing suggests he is, but hes a hammer......Hes got some good tape

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's not sleeping on him, and then there's a Lil bit o craziness. As we sit today there's zero reason to consider him in the first round of a rookie draft. Fantasy Pros has his ADP at 41, 15th RB, fantasy calculator his it at 29, 11th RB taken.
You should be able to get him in the second, or later, baring some other craziness in your league. Target him, but don't get silly

oh i agree. I just meant as a pure runner, Hes good. Likely not a 3 down back, nothing suggests he is, but hes a hammer......Hes got some good tape
Not disagreeing.
However... after Robinson, no rookie is a garauntee. From what i have read up on these rookies, Robinson is said to be a generational talent. Cant pass on him.

Even the WR corp which is rumored to be better than other draft classes is not a lock.

So basically after the first overall pick, all of these guys are a roll of the dice.

Some are on bad teams. Others have injury-prone starters ahead of them.

Maybe taking McBride with the 3rd overall pick is crazy talk. But if they see him as more than a compliment to Mattison, as i stated earlier, you have a RB on a good offense, in a weak division who has every chance of being the RB1 by the end of the season.

Not a bad gamble. Especially since some of us are waiting for our 2022 first round picks to produce.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe taking McBride with the 3rd overall pick is crazy talk. But if they see him as more than a compliment to Mattison, as i stated earlier, you have a RB on a good offense, in a weak division who has every chance of being the RB1 by the end of the season.

Not a bad gamble. Especially since some of us are waiting for our 2022 first round picks to produce.

taking a 7th round RB with the 1.03 pick is pretty much exactly how I'll explain a "bad gamble" to my kids when I get them into dynasty fantasy football

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disagreeing.
However... after Robinson, no rookie is a garauntee. From what i have read up on these rookies, Robinson is said to be a generational talent. Cant pass on him.

Even the WR corp which is rumored to be better than other draft classes is not a lock.

So basically after the first overall pick, all of these guys are a roll of the dice.

Some are on bad teams. Others have injury-prone starters ahead of them.

well true, the only point I would continue to stand by, is that you can still get him later, taking a more reasonable gamble on a shot in the dark with a stronger pedigree..like one of the WR's or like Spears, or Miller, or Achane..etc..
I mean you aren't wrong, but why buy at above market value for a high risk stock, when you can buy it on the pink sheets?

comparatively-why take Pollard at 1.03 in a redraft, when you can likely get him at the 2/3 turn? (or seeing as rookie drafts don't serpentine- why take Chubb at the 1.03, when you could get him at the 2.03)

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only point I would continue to stand by, is that you can still get him later
My guess is by the time LAKERSRAMS' draft rolls around McBride will not make it to the 2nd round.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is by the time LAKERSRAMS' draft rolls around McBride will not make it tonthe 2nd round.
entirely possible, no doubts. That's why I like having them early on, right after the draft. little more rewarding for those that put int he time and effort to scout those later round targets, identify and acquire, rather than what and see what filters out of training camp/preseason and cherry pick the winners, leaving little to no suspense, no reward, no steals, pay the full price-bah humbug

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is by the time LAKERSRAMS' draft rolls around McBride will not make it to the 2nd round.

John Candy No GIF by Laff

are you trying to trade McBride to the Mattison owner in a dynasty league that reads these message boards?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my answer to "McBride at 1.03" right now and on Labor Day....

Sesame Street No GIF by Muppet Wiki
I agree fully. It shows what a rough draft 2023 has been for FF that this is even being discussed seriously as a option. Just take the WR you feel best about. I rank the 4 WR in this order Jordon Addison, JSN, Flowers than Quentin Johnson however if the QB is a big factor for you than taking Johnson is fine. I like Addison because I feel he'll start across from Jefferson day one and how great is it to have a WR like Jefferson draw the focus of the defense allowing one on one opportunities for Addison. Cousin isn't great but he's good enough IMO and the Vikings likely throwing the ball more this season ( now that Cook got released).

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are missing my point??
What puts these guys in the ranking they are in is opportunity. Not necessarily talent. They all have talent.

Just saying that McBride's opportunity is rising.

But if you'd rather draft a WR2 ahead of a RB1.... go ahead.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What puts these guys in the ranking they are in is opportunity. Not necessarily talent. They all have talent.

I guess when a RB's opportunity grows from 2% to 7% of the Vikes offense, I just don't get as excited as you.

I'll take the hit rate of a 1st round WR over a 7th round RB in every single dynasty draft forever, regardless how much opportunity they have behind 2 players with higher draft pedigree + familiarity in the system and a 3rd RB that plays a bunch of special teams - gonna be an uphill battle for McBride to make the final 53.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On ESPN depth chart he's listed as the RB3 for the Vikings, a 7th round pick at that. I don't get where you see a ton of opportunity for him. If anything a veteran FA signing seems more likely ( on the cheap of course).

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But opportunity right now..or even two months from now, in a dynasty, isn't everything.
Maybe he can beat out Mattison and Chandler, MAYBE, but if he does, Cousins is gone soon, and he's a 6rh rounder, who most likely was nothing more than adequate. He could easily be gone next year, or buried.
Conversely, a guy like Spears, has very little opportunity this season, so long as Henry is healthy, but, you know he's almost out the door, and with Spears, the pure talent level is, assumingly, higher, being a much higher pick..so by year 2, you've got a much higher quality outcome.

And I'd use this same argument against the aforementioned Addison as well. 2nd rounder in this draft class is pretty suspect to pin significant hopes on, especially when the QB beyond this year is a huge? If Afdison was in either of the previous 2 years draft classes, he likely falls to day 3. Yes right now, he's got the best opportunity, but he's far from the best dynasty investment at WR in this class, purely becuase he's not even close to the level of ability as JSN or Johnston.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost credibility right there, quoting ESPN.
CBS then:

1686691227549.png

To me this depth chart is screaming for a reliable vet, not elite but at least solid to back Mattison. I'm surprised at your take, given your rep for not trusting rookies. I think dynasty FF is changing you Joe. LOL.:rolleyes:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS then:

View attachment 331230

To me this depth chart is screaming for a reliable vet, not elite but at least solid to back Mattison. I'm surprised at your take, given your rep for not trusting rookies. I think dynasty FF is changing you Joe. LOL.:rolleyes:
CBS is worse.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the recent history of late round/ undrafted RB's who were the steals, or 'diamonds in the rough'-

Day 3 running backs (Rounds 4-7) drafted from 2011-2021, have had 21/179 (11.7%) with a single 1k+ scrimmage yard season in their career.

Day 3 Running Backs (Drafted 2011-2021):​

• Alfred Morris
• Devonta Freeman
• Jordan Howard
• Aaron Jones
• Chris Carson
• Jay Ajayi
• Lamar Miller
• Spencer Ware
• Latavius Murray
• James White
• Marlon Mack
• Tarik Cohen
• Alex Collins
• Zac Stacy
• Dion Lewis
• Bilal Powell
• Elijah Mitchell
• Tony Pollard
• Andre Ellington
• Roy Helu
• Mike Davis
UDFA Running Backs (2011-2021):
• Austin Ekeler
• James Robinson
• Phillip Lindsay
• Isaiah Crowell
• CJ Anderson
• Matt Breida
• Darrel Williams

With a handful of exceptions, most are super nova types, 1, 2, MAYBE 3 decent to great seasons, and then toast. And even some of the exceptions, while they've hung around for more years, haven't exactly been fantasy gold for more than a couple seasons. That's not what I'm hoping for out of my first round pick in a dynasty regardless of opportunity. It's like all that effort spent proving yourselves, just burns those dudes out.
IMHO- Out of all those names, the only guys who would've, even in retrospect, been worthy of a top 5 rookie draft pick, we're Ekeler, Carson, and maybe A. Jones..jury is still out on Pollard.
And that's not even considering that every name on those lists were already the exceptions to the rule of their classes, the 20 dozen other late round/UDFA RB's throughout that 10 year time frame never amounted to anything to begin with.