• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, if both Dalvin and Dhop decided they just wanted to win rings and would play for the league minimum, Kansas City would be unstoppable.

actually surprised you don't see that kind of stuff more often in the NFL, but so many factors limiting it, to name a few:
- you only get so many chances to negotiate your contract, sometimes only once or twice for entire career
- the person negotiating on your behalf gets commission on your deal, so is incentivized to max it out
- injury or two at key positions will wreck most teams, even really good ones (ex: Chiefs losing SB to TB when their OL was injured)
- impossible to predict W-L success in the NFL, even though I'd bet my life that KC makes the playoffs, still never know. Looking amazing on paper doesn't mean shit and they don't give out awards for building the best team, you still have to win (ex: 2011 Eagles "Dream Team")

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually surprised you don't see that kind of stuff more often in the NFL, but so many factors limiting it, to name a few:
- you only get so many chances to negotiate your contract, sometimes only once or twice for entire career
- the person negotiating on your behalf gets commission on your deal, so is incentivized to max it out
- injury or two at key positions will wreck most teams, even really good ones (ex: Chiefs losing SB to TB when their OL was injured)
- impossible to predict W-L success in the NFL, even though I'd bet my life that KC makes the playoffs, still never know. Looking amazing on paper doesn't mean shit and they don't give out awards for building the best team, you still have to win (ex: 2011 Eagles "Dream Team")
and the union discourages the shit outta players signing deals for less than 'market value'

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: contracts

:ohwell: It's almost has if the NFL has created an oxymoron of the term "contract."

Per Merriam-Webster:
a: a binding agreement between two or more persons or parties.​
b: a business arrangement for the supply of goods or services at a fixed price​

Teams can cut a player so they are not on the hook for the contract they negotiated.
And players can hold-out and demand trades, essentially breaching the contract.

Instead of it being "a binding agreement" it is basically a temporary arrangement while both sides are still happy.
:sigh:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: contracts

:ohwell: It's almost has if the NFL has created an oxymoron of the term "contract."

Per Merriam-Webster:
a: a binding agreement between two or more persons or parties.​
b: a business arrangement for the supply of goods or services at a fixed price​

Teams can cut a player so they are not on the hook for the contract they negotiated.
And players can hold-out and demand trades, essentially breaching the contract.

Instead of it being "a binding agreement" it is basically a temporary arrangement while both sides are still happy.
:sigh:

Sounds like a marriage

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll is such a freakin' MASTER at CoachSpeak.

I've followed him since he was a defensive coach for the Vikings and have always admired his style. Anyone remember his basketball pickup games as part of his coaching style?

That said, my prediction: Barring injury (of course), 22 year old Ken Walker will be the stud RB workhorse for the Seahawks this year, passing catching issues notwithstanding.

Charbonnet is already penciled in for the Deejay Dallas/Travis Homer role, and that's fine. He has much more understudy potential than either of those two.

But right now, that's what he is. An understudy.

The News Tribune's Gregg Bell said don't "be surprised at the playing time and opportunities" rookie RB Zach Charbonnet gets this season.​

Charbonnet has impressed teammates, coaches, and Seahawks beat writers during OTAs. “Zach does everything well," head coach Pete Carroll said Thursday. "He’s just a complete ball player.” Charbonnet, taken with the 52nd pick of the 2023 NFL Draft, could be the Seahawks' primary pass-catching running back after Ken Walker struggled as a pass catcher in 2023. Charbonnet is a solid draft target for fantasy players who largely fade running backs in the early rounds. Rotoworld analysts recently broke down the Seattle backfield and how fantasy managers should value Walker and Charbonnet.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll is such a freakin' MASTER at CoachSpeak.

I've followed him since he was a defensive coach for the Vikings and have always admired his style. Anyone remember his basketball pickup games as part of his coaching style?

That said, my prediction: Barring injury (of course), 22 year old Ken Walker will be the stud RB workhorse for the Seahawks this year, passing catching issues notwithstanding.

Charbonnet is already penciled in for the Deejay Dallas/Travis Homer role, and that's fine. He has much more understudy potential than either of those two.

But right now, that's what he is. An understudy.

The News Tribune's Gregg Bell said don't "be surprised at the playing time and opportunities" rookie RB Zach Charbonnet gets this season.​

Charbonnet has impressed teammates, coaches, and Seahawks beat writers during OTAs. “Zach does everything well," head coach Pete Carroll said Thursday. "He’s just a complete ball player.” Charbonnet, taken with the 52nd pick of the 2023 NFL Draft, could be the Seahawks' primary pass-catching running back after Ken Walker struggled as a pass catcher in 2023. Charbonnet is a solid draft target for fantasy players who largely fade running backs in the early rounds. Rotoworld analysts recently broke down the Seattle backfield and how fantasy managers should value Walker and Charbonnet.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his ADP falls, congrats to those whom he falls to. Charbonnet is a chump. Of course he'll be given chances, anyone drafted that highly will. But he'll be exposed soon enough

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his ADP falls, congrats to those whom he falls to. Charbonnet is a chump. Of course he'll be given chances, anyone drafted that highly will. But he'll be exposed soon enough
I have Walker in one dynasty and also have the third pick.

Really going to be tough to pass on that handcuff, but idk if I can take him that high.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Walker in one dynasty and also have the third pick.

Really going to be tough to pass on that handcuff, but idk if I can take him that high.
Ughh..like the worst pick this year, only becuase it SHOULD be much more valuable.

I wouldn't, be great if there's an OSU/SEATTLE fan or a TCU/CHARGERS fan in your league willing to deal.

But sure wouldn't tell you don't...good luck

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enter Kenny McIntosh, maybe. The rest of those guys had their chances and never made it past the fringe. I don't think Travis Homer is on the team anymore, and DeeJay's shot has come and gone.

Think Carroll might go out and jump on one of the FAs out there just for the hell of it?

Ha, now that I think of it, that pretty much applies to most teams right now.

Gonna be real interesting to see what's what after the dust settles for a lot of teams.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The radio Talking Heads in Dallas this morning have been suggesting that the Cowboys are sniffing around Dalvin Cook.

I don't buy it, just seems like they are starting rumors, but with Jerry, who the hell knows?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The radio Talking Heads in Dallas this morning have been suggesting that the Cowboys are sniffing around Dalvin Cook.

I don't buy it, just seems like they are starting rumors, but with Jerry, who the hell knows?
I hope that is just the usual blah blah you hear in off season.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that is just the usual blah blah you hear in off season.
I think it is. Man, it's gonna be real interesting to see where some of these guys end up.

The Vikings saved 9 mil by cutting Dalvin. Are they gonna stay with Mattison as the starter? I think yes, but they just might make a FA move to bolster the corps behind him.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ughh..like the worst pick this year, only becuase it SHOULD be much more valuable.

I wouldn't, be great if there's an OSU/SEATTLE fan or a TCU/CHARGERS fan in your league willing to deal.

But sure wouldn't tell you don't...good luck
I have the 3rd pick in my draft as well.

Sucks to have that pick this year with where some of the players went.

Assuming Robinson and Gibbs go 1-2, I’m leaning toward Johnston just because he has the best QB out of the top WR choices.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the 3rd pick in my draft as well.

Sucks to have that pick this year with where some of the players went.

Assuming Robinson and Gibbs go 1-2, I’m leaning toward Johnston just because he has the best QB out of the top WR choices.
As much as I prefer JSN over Johnston as a football player, I would have to agree. Herbert is surely the long term guy in LAC, and both Allen and M Williams are getting long in the tooth, so he'll be a main guy sooner than later. Poor JSN, has Lockett, still going strong, D.K. the freak, and a massive question mark at QB, especially long term.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I prefer JSN over Johnston as a football player, I would have to agree. Herbert is surely the long term guy in LAC, and both Allen and M Williams are getting long in the tooth, so he'll be a main guy sooner than later. Poor JSN, has Lockett, still going strong, D.K. the freak, and a massive question mark at QB, especially long term.
My exact thinking as well.

And I just don’t see that 3rd RB value at #3.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Robinson released by Patriots

Some of the offers I made after ETN got hurt......that were turned down by JRob owners......

Cbs Omg GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ANGELAKERAMS
@TREFF

Kind of shocked no one is toying with the idea of McBride in Minny? Vikes just released Cook.... is Mattison next up? Some believe he is. But should the backup RB (Mattison) average less ypc than Cook?