• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time believing he's giving up more part ownership in a team and more money from Fox than he made in his entire career to come back to a team that has no hope of winning a Super Bowl this year (sorry Treff).
This is a rational, lucid argument. And most likely spot on.
But athletes also have trouble letting go. To them, there is always some gas left in the tank.
Brady might be thinking, "this team has no hope of winning a Super Bowl... unless I team up with McD and I add that to my legacy."

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time believing he's giving up more part ownership in a team and more money from Fox than he made in his entire career to come back to a team that has no hope of winning a Super Bowl this year (sorry Treff).
Well like Joe mentioned, Brady may very well think he's the piece that can turn this team from no hope to hopeful.

IF he was still TB12, IF he was still 'the GOAT', you stick him him with Adams- possibly the best WR he's ever played with, including Moss-, Renfrow, who is every bit the talent Welker/Edelman ever were, and Jacobs? Yeah, they may be a threat to the Chief and would definitely be a playoff contender.
However, he ain't the GOAT, he ain't TB12, he's the dude who, despite throwing almost 500 times, couldn't break 25 TD's and led a team of Evans/Godwin and Fournette to an 8-9 record in perhaps the worst division in football, backed into the playoffs because of that horrid division and then handed the Cowboys their first playoff win in what seems like forever.

I don't see it happening, I don't want it to happen. Personally I hope JimmyG's current injury turns out to be career threatening, they go with that late round rookie, ol whatshisname, and play for the #1 pick next year..and maybe the year after that too. Trade Adams, let Jacobs walk..hit that reset button, and hit that fucker hard

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well like Joe mentioned, Brady may very well think he's the piece that can turn this team from no hope to hopeful.

IF he was still TB12, IF he was still 'the GOAT', you stick him him with Adams- possibly the best WR he's ever played with, including Moss-, Renfrow, who is every bit the talent Welker/Edelman ever were, and Jacobs? Yeah, they may be a threat to the Chief and would definitely be a playoff contender.
However, he ain't the GOAT, he ain't TB12, he's the dude who, despite throwing almost 500 times, couldn't break 25 TD's and led a team of Evans/Godwin and Fournette to an 8-9 record in perhaps the worst division in football, backed into the playoffs because of that horrid division and then handed the Cowboys their first playoff win in what seems like forever.

I don't see it happening, I don't want it to happen. Personally I hope JimmyG's current injury turns out to be career threatening, they go with that late round rookie, ol whatshisname, and play for the #1 pick next year..and maybe the year after that too. Trade Adams, let Jacobs walk..hit that reset button, and hit that fucker hard
That's probably what they should do, but some ownership has a really hard time hitting that reset button completely. Look at the Bucs this year. They should have completely blown their roster up once Brady retired, but they didn't do anything. I think a lot of it is more of an old school mentality because owners think that if they completely blow the roster up then nobody will come see their team play, but we are to a point with the NFL that it doesn't really matter the product you are putting on the field, people will still come watch it even if it's just for fantasy football or betting purposes.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Bucs this year. They should have completely blown their roster up once Brady retired, but they didn't do anything.

when your QB competition is coming down to Trask and Baker, you are already playing for the Caleb Williams sweepstakes. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bucs shed some veteran contracts to competing teams in-season like the Panthers did last year, then move up to where they need to be in the draft to take Williams or Maye or another QB they like inside the top 5 picks

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's probably what they should do, but some ownership has a really hard time hitting that reset button completely. Look at the Bucs this year. They should have completely blown their roster up once Brady retired, but they didn't do anything. I think a lot of it is more of an old school mentality because owners think that if they completely blow the roster up then nobody will come see their team play, but we are to a point with the NFL that it doesn't really matter the product you are putting on the field, people will still come watch it even if it's just for fantasy football or betting purposes.
I figure the Bucs had three options:

1) Firesale. Tank the 2023 season. Get a top 3 pick with a bunch of different coaches.
2) Kick the tires on Trask and Mayfield. Trask being a recent 2nd round pick.
3) Try and trade up for a QB in last years draft

For me, the worst path was #3. Its often really hard to find a franchise QB after all of the other teams have had their crack at things. The Denver Broncos and Paxton Lynch come to mind.

The issue with #1 is that you're admitting that spending a 2nd on Trask wasnt the best plan and that your coaching staff isnt in your future. I think the other danger with #1 is that if you tank too much then its hard to tell who is actually good.

Compare the Bears to the Lions next season. Lions gave Goff a 2nd chance and it seems like they have a lot of momentum. Bears tanked, have momentum, but...do we actually know how good their players are?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that vast majority of their money comes from the TV deals and is shared equally from the Chiefs/Eagles, right on down to the Texans/Panthers, so anyone worried about actual attendance in relation to revenue is thinking ass backwards. And in Vegas's case, if attendance is any issue, why the F did they build a tiny little 65k seat stadium? Shocking that only 13 NFL stadiums have a capacity of over 70K, yet they feign concern over attendance numbers.

Some of the stuff, especially on the business side of things, is just so stupid..and the saddest part is, no matter what they do, they are 99.99999% guaranteed to make a profit, so they can continue being stupid and nothing ever changes.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears tanked, have momentum, but...do we actually know how good their players are?
:noidea:
I will say that we've never had the upper management mindset that exists right now since George Halas.
If good teams are a product of well-run franchises, i finally think it will happen.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..all Doubs has to go off of is last year, and whether Rodgers was playing his way out of GB, or if that's truly all he has left, I would imagine Jordan Love probably could do what he saw out of Rodgers last year. Doesn't exactly scream success for Love though.

However, if that's all Rodgers has left, that ain't good news for the Jets

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..all Doubs has to go off of is last year, and whether Rodgers was playing his way out of GB, or if that's truly all he has left, I would imagine Jordan Love probably could do what he saw out of Rodgers last year. Doesn't exactly scream success for Love though.

However, if that's all Rodgers has left, that ain't good news for the Jets
Well... 11 more TDs and another half yard per attempt... that's a nice improvement all by itself.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You think we would take a bad QB at the top of the draft twice in a row? We aren't that dumb, Zach Wilson is still a top flight QB in this league, but if you get the chance to add a future HOF'er like Rodgers, it just makes sense."

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalvin to be released...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stay away from KC!!!

shouldn't be a problem unless he's willing to take a massive discount or KC would have to get really crafty with their cap space to fit him in. They are only sitting on ~$600k in cap room right now