• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
she did make more.... crazy as it may seem.

shocking that people piss and moan about athletes being overpaid, yet, rarely do you hear someone piss and moan about models being overpaid. and they literally just walk a runway and pose for pictures with duckfaces

Products with her image and branding generate roughly $1 billion in annual sales. I'd say she's worth every single penny that those all those different companies are paying her. That's the other huge difference - she doesn't have one employer shelling out tens of millions per year, she has a ton of big and small contracts from various types of consumables companies that all add up.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Products with her image and branding generate roughly $1 billion in annual sales. I'd say she's worth every single penny that those all those different companies are paying her. That's the other huge difference - she doesn't have one employer shelling out tens of millions per year, she has a ton of big and small contracts from various types of consumables companies that all add up.
all true..but they'd generate millions and billions whether it was her or any other pretty face they picked. Victoria's secret generated billions before her, and they'll generate billions after.
New England was blah before Brady, a dynasty with him, and crap without him, thus far, and squishy Mac is a good lookin' dude..he ain't Brady, but he's a good lookin' dude

Brady is(was) the product..Gisele hawks the product..one very few can do, the other, most anyone can do

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all true..but they'd generate millions and billions whether it was her or any other pretty face they picked. Victoria's secret generated billions before her, and they'll generate billions after.
New England was blah before Brady, a dynasty with him, and crap without him, thus far, and squishy Mac is a good lookin' dude..he ain't Brady, but he's a good lookin' dude

Brady is(was) the product..Gisele hawks the product..one very few can do, the other, most anyone can do

sure is a lot of words just to tell me that you don't understand the value of branding and marketing

why hasn't every model done what Gisele has done if anyone can do it?
Her career is older than most other models and she's still getting paid, kinda like TB12....even Tom Brady paid someone a lot of money to brand his initials and jersey number into the name of his business, cause he understands the value it brings.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno..its all just lip service regardless..they're all overpaid..I'm just saying I would pay to see Brady throw a football, if I buy a Tag Huer, its because its a great watch, not because Tom Brady wears one in an ad.
conversely-if I buy my wife Victoria's Secret crap, it's because its a quality product that looks nice, not because of the model in the ad.

And therefore, I feel one is much more entitled to their ridiculous salary than the other.

edited--anyone buying crap based on the face selling it, and not the merits of the product..forfeits their right to piss and moan about anyone being overpaid

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest news blurb EVER!

New York, New York, baby!

:pound::pound::pound:

Allen Lazard finished the rest of his day at OTAs at "100%" after getting "hit in the gonads" per his own Twitter account.​

He should not miss any additional time after New York media became a little panicked earlier in the day when he was surrounded by trainers and walked off the field. Lazard has our sympathy and, we hope, an ice pack for that.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, shit. Looks like I picked the wrong career...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which, if history is any indication, the #1 & 2 RB off the boards usually dont finish that way.

that's why he's the ultimate cheat code, never ranked top 2 before the season starts, but keeps on ending up there when the dust settles. Can't get a better mid-1st rd pick in ppr redraft. Even the TD production keeps him top 5 in standard

2021:
1684889519541.png

2022:
1684889598208.png

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@eaglesnut - I'm definitely taking CMC 1st overall, was just providing a pro-Ekeler counterpoint. Obviously CMC missed games but that gap between Ekeler and the rest when you combine the last 2 seasons is a wild stat. He's 160pts over #2 when there's only a 35pt gap between #2 & #5

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@eaglesnut - I'm definitely taking CMC 1st overall, was just providing a pro-Ekeler counterpoint. Obviously CMC missed games but that gap between Ekeler and the rest when you combine the last 2 seasons is a wild stat. He's 160pts over #2 when there's only a 35pt gap between #2 & #5
So many touchdowns for such a little guy.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG, the kicker frenzy begins!

BTW, that should be "swooped". Just sayin', you Rotoworld proofreaders.

Lions acquired K Riley Patterson from the Jaguars for a 2026 conditional seventh-round pick.​

Before the Jaguars could release Patterson, the Lions swooed in. Patterson was usurped in Jacksonville by Brandon McManus, and now he heads to the kneecap-biters for what amounts to little compensation. Michael Badgley and John Parker Romo are kickers currently on Detroit's roster that have now been put on notice. Patterson has hit 88% of his field-goal attempts through two seasons, one of which was in Detroit in 2021.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG, the kicker frenzy begins!

BTW, that should be "swooped". Just sayin', you Rotoworld proofreaders.

Lions acquired K Riley Patterson from the Jaguars for a 2026 conditional seventh-round pick.​

Before the Jaguars could release Patterson, the Lions swooed in. Patterson was usurped in Jacksonville by Brandon McManus, and now he heads to the kneecap-biters for what amounts to little compensation. Michael Badgley and John Parker Romo are kickers currently on Detroit's roster that have now been put on notice. Patterson has hit 88% of his field-goal attempts through two seasons, one of which was in Detroit in 2021.
Only the Lions would trade for a guy who was getting cut, who they also cut less than nine months ago.

Should’ve kept him last year. He always looked like the better of the two kickers they had.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sigh: Sorry, I still dont get it.

when he first became DET HC, he was talking about how his guys will always fight to the end, and if you knock them down, they'll bite your kneecaps off or some similar weight-room/meathead talking point. google dan campbell kneecap and I'm sure a video will come up

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills and Chiefs right now

Always Be Closing Whatever It Takes GIF by Corporate Bro

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills and Chiefs right now

Always Be Closing Whatever It Takes GIF by Corporate Bro
Hopkins is due for $32 mil over the next 2 years. Any team that claims him is saddled with that, isnt that correct? Wonder if he clears waivers.