• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing to consider on Baker....what were people's thoughts on Goff the last season before McVay came to the Rams?

A game manager in McVay's system could be just fine for real NFL purposes, and possibly fantasy as well. Doubtful it happens, as QB is irrelevant with that OL. I think Baker's longevity in the NFL will rely heavily on his acceptance that he is not a top 32 guy but is more like a top 50 guy

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing to consider on Baker....what were people's thoughts on Goff the last season before McVay came to the Rams?

A game manager in McVay's system could be just fine for real NFL purposes, and possibly fantasy as well. Doubtful it happens, as QB is irrelevant with that OL. I think Baker's longevity in the NFL will rely heavily on his acceptance that he is not a top 32 guy but is more like a top 50 guy
from a real football perspective, I only can wrap my head around this being a cock block move to keep him out of SF.

From a fantasy perspective however..IF Baker has anything left that McVay can tap into and he isn't this empty shell of a Progressive ad, he may very well be a viable option at QB in the playoffs. Especially for an owner who banked on Lamar being around to carry them. Personally, I've grabbed him in a couple leagues, for the exact same reason that I believe the Rams took him--to cock block other owners who might be that desperate. I hope I never have to even consider playing him.

Going beyond this year, in a dynasty setting, Baker is obviously an UFA, so who knows? if he shows well with McVay, maybe he gets another real shot, or at least a one year 'bridge' shot, in a place like Seattle, Houston, New Orleans, NYJ, Titans, Colts, heck, there are even rumblings in Colorado that they should've put a claim in on him, extended him, and just written a big check to RW and sent him packing. It ain't like the Walton/Penner group doesn't have the cash, and the Broncos currently set to have the 2nd most available cap space in '23 even with RW's contract, so it ain't like they couldn't make it happen. Far too many variables to realistically project any possible future value for Baker. He could very easily end up in a situation just like the two he lust left. Vanilla offenses, no one around to pull anythign extra out of him, coaching or scheme-wise.

And has there been any real speculation on Stafford possibly retiring? would he go out like that? I haven't heard any of those rumblings, nor do I think he's even close to retiring, so unless they want Baker around a as back up (read as-irrelevant in fantasy), I don't really see him being part of the Ram's future with McVay.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its ridder time:suds:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Falcons will start Desmond Ridder in Week 15 against the Saints.​

With the Falcons on a bye this week, Ridder will have some extra time to prepare for his first career start. Head coach Arthur Smith left open the possibility of Ridder starting after the team's Week 13 loss to the Steelers and now appears to have made the switch. Through the first 13 games of the season, quarterback Marcus Mariota has led the Falcons to a 5-8 record; throwing for 2,219 yards, 15 touchdowns and nine interceptions while rushing for another 84-438-4. The Falcons selected Ridder in the third round of this year's draft after he compiled over 10,000 passing yards and 80 touchdowns during his career at Cincinnati. Ridder will be on the fantasy radar as a low-end QB2 when he suits up in Week 15.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its ridder time:suds:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Falcons will start Desmond Ridder in Week 15 against the Saints.​

With the Falcons on a bye this week, Ridder will have some extra time to prepare for his first career start. Head coach Arthur Smith left open the possibility of Ridder starting after the team's Week 13 loss to the Steelers and now appears to have made the switch. Through the first 13 games of the season, quarterback Marcus Mariota has led the Falcons to a 5-8 record; throwing for 2,219 yards, 15 touchdowns and nine interceptions while rushing for another 84-438-4. The Falcons selected Ridder in the third round of this year's draft after he compiled over 10,000 passing yards and 80 touchdowns during his career at Cincinnati. Ridder will be on the fantasy radar as a low-end QB2 when he suits up in Week 15.
Sweet. Maybe Kyle Pitts will be startable now.... oh, wait.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports "there's a real chance" Baker Mayfield plays on Thursday night against the Raiders.​

Baker's role will reportedly depend on the status of John Wolford, who is questionable with a neck injury. The Rams claimed Mayfield off of waivers on Tuesday and the veteran quarterback arrived to Los Angeles later that day. He's reportedly already up to speed on the team's game plan heading into Thursday and is expected to be active on the sideline at the very least. Even if he were to be announced as the starter before kickoff, Mayfield isn't a fantasy option this week.

Rams game plan: lose

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports "there's a real chance" Baker Mayfield plays on Thursday night against the Raiders.​

Baker's role will reportedly depend on the status of John Wolford, who is questionable with a neck injury. The Rams claimed Mayfield off of waivers on Tuesday and the veteran quarterback arrived to Los Angeles later that day. He's reportedly already up to speed on the team's game plan heading into Thursday and is expected to be active on the sideline at the very least. Even if he were to be announced as the starter before kickoff, Mayfield isn't a fantasy option this week.

Rams game plan: lose
fine by me, Raiders can realistically finish 8-9, second in the division. With a little luck, scratch out a win over either the Niners or the Chiefs and be 9-8, maybe even snatch that 7th playoff spot. Given their 2-7 start, I'll gladly take either as a big win. Just don't lose to the Rams or Steelers. I could stomach a loss to the Patriots

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Mayfield?
My guess is that primarily because QB play across the league is awful. After the the top 3 or so, they're not even average. Or they cant stay healthy.
You guys are talking like there is a QB tree they can pick from and solve all their problems. Problem with that is there are 20+ other NFL teams with the same need.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Mayfield?
My guess is that primarily because QB play across the league is awful. After the the top 3 or so, they're not even average. Or they cant stay healthy.
You guys are talking like there is a QB tree they can pick from and solve all their problems. Problem with that is there are 20+ other NFL teams with the same need.

its more curious why they would sign him Tuesday then play him on Thursday...that seems insane with how crappy their OL play has been this season

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its more curious why they would sign him Tuesday then play him on Thursday...that seems insane with how crappy their OL play has been this season
He'll only gets a few snaps, if any.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...more...

Yes, Mayfield may be terrible. But he arguably showed some promise early in CLE. With as meh as the other QB options are, Mayfield could emulate his stats in CLE, right now, he'd be the #13 QB in passing yards per game.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...more...

Yes, Mayfield may be terrible. But he arguably showed some promise early in CLE. With as meh as the other QB options are, Mayfield could emulate his stats in CLE, right now, he'd be the #13 QB in passing yards per game.

There’s lots of players who can throw the ball. Baker is too selfish to lead a team. It’s really that simple. If anyone signs him next year as their starter, they will find out he’s not very quickly.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s lots of players who can throw the ball. Baker is too selfish to lead a team. It’s really that simple. If anyone signs him next year as their starter, they will find out he’s not very quickly.
True.
But some guys will see the writing on the wall and change - even if its a personality issue.
Wasnt Geno Smith of that mold?
But again, there arent a lot of QB options out there. A lot of these former-first-rounders like Mayfield are gonna get 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.
But some guys will see the writing on the wall and change - even if its a personality issue.
Wasnt Geno Smith of that mold?
But again, there arent a lot of QB options out there. A lot of these former-first-rounders like Mayfield are gonna get 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances.
Geno played as a backup for years before he got his last chance and I am sure he felt it was now or never for him by then.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno played as a backup for years before he got his last chance and I am sure he felt it was now or never for him by then.
Well, @MilkSpiller22 may have to set the record straight, but I thought Geno was drafted to unseat Mark Sanchez..... if you cant win the starting job from Sanchez... ouch.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, @MilkSpiller22 may have to set the record straight, but I thought Geno was drafted to unseat Mark Sanchez..... if you cant win the starting job from Sanchez... ouch.

Yes, Geno was drafted to replace Mark Sanchez, but he started his first 2 seasons, then got a broken jaw his third season, and really never played for the jets again...

He never evolved, but didnt really lose his job for any other reason than breaking his jaw...

2014, his 2nd season the team was very bad... so there was already rumbles that he was not the future...

didnt help that 2015 when he was hurt Ryan Fitzpatrick had a good season....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Geno was drafted to replace Mark Sanchez, but he started his first 2 seasons, then got a broken jaw his third season, and really never played for the jets again...

He never evolved, but didnt really lose his job for any other reason than breaking his jaw...

Yeah, just your 100% completely normal football related jaw breaking, that's all it was, no clue why the Jets didn't want him leading their team after that innocent broken jaw :rolleyes2:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, just your 100% completely normal football related jaw breaking, that's all it was, no clue why the Jets didn't want him leading their team after that innocent broken jaw :rolleyes2:

right... of course he was punched by a player on the team... so there was clearly him losing the locker room as well... but if he was healthy, he would have started....

Funny thing about that, is that that 2015 season is really what started the legend of ryan fitzpatrick... if Geno played, i dont think we would have the same opinions about FitzMagic

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fine by me, Raiders can realistically finish 8-9, second in the division. With a little luck, scratch out a win over either the Niners or the Chiefs and be 9-8, maybe even snatch that 7th playoff spot. Given their 2-7 start, I'll gladly take either as a big win. Just don't lose to the Rams or Steelers. I could stomach a loss to the Patriots
You look at things the complete opposite of me. I'd rather the Dolphins win the Super Bowl or get a higher pick. There's no in between. There were far too many years of 10-6 season losing in the first or second round of the playoffs and ending up with the 23rd or 26th pick in every freaking draft.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I think there's an NFL GM of the year award and if there's not there should be. But is there anybody other than the John Schneider that should win? Does anybody come close? Everybody thought he was an idiot for not resigning Russell Wilson and making him happy and now he looks like a freaking genius. Now if he can use all of those picks he acquired to get a defense in the next few years he'll be set.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I think there's an NFL GM of the year award and if there's not there should be. But is there anybody other than the John Schneider that should win? Does anybody come close? Everybody thought he was an idiot for not resigning Russell Wilson and making him happy and now he looks like a freaking genius. Now if he can use all of those picks he acquired to get a defense in the next few years he'll be set.

Brandon Beane has my vote… not that that’s surprising to anyone. But…genius.