• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shenanigans Part 2: Wtf is goin' on here?

Brandin Cooks (wrist/not injury related) did not practice Tuesday.​

His wrist apparently wasn't too hurt, though, as he was able to like several Tweets leading up to the trade deadline that speculated that he might be moved. He also posted a pitch-perfect Denny Carter impersonation after the trade deadline passed with him still on the team. We're not entirely sure if Cooks will play or not in Week 9 is what we're saying.
no idea why the Texan's didn't make that move.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Hines for Moss was a solid deal for the Bills. As for the future, maybe Singletary gone? Cook and Hines or Hines and Cook? Whatever, for this year at least, it's a nice pickup. This offense just got better, hard to believe that may be.
Would be weird to ship Singletary, since he seems like the most natural short-yardage back of the three.

But maybe Josh Allen is the only short-yardage back they need.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Irv Smith (ankle) is expected to be sidelined 8-10 weeks.​

Well, that helps explain some of the motivation behind the T.J. Hockenson deal for Minnesota. Smith would miss most if not all of the remainder of the season with this injury timetable. The 2019 second-rounder has played just 20 games in the last three years and will likely be available in free agency.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Hines for Moss was a solid deal for the Bills. As for the future, maybe Singletary gone? Cook and Hines or Hines and Cook? Whatever, for this year at least, it's a nice pickup. This offense just got better, hard to believe that may be.
if Cook shows enough the ROS, I would imagine he's the guy, if not, I imagine a rookie being drafted, or a free agent signing or a Singeltary re-signing. The one thing I cannot envision, is Hines being the guy. The little guy just ain't gonna hold up being Plan A. he might be able to do it for a few games as a band aid, but he can't be the plan for a whole season

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be weird to ship Singletary, since he seems like the most natural short-yardage back of the three.

But maybe Josh Allen is the only short-yardage back they need.
Singletary a FA next year. Seems to me they are making plans.

Lol, this offense is so great, I find it hard to disagree with anything they do. :)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Not sure Hines is any better than Duke, but it was cheap.

And we traded for safety help too (depth, but familiar depth in Dean Marlowe).

Tre White was activated.

Go Bills!
I think Hines will be a playmaker for you guys this year. He just might be the perfect piece to the puzzle.

I really like this move. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hines will be a playmaker for you guys this year. He just might be the perfect piece to the puzzle.

I really like this move. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I’m team Motor.

I’ll be happy to be wrong, but Hines is just an afterthought to me. I expected him to be good in Indy, and they didn’t use him with captain checkdown at the helm.

I don’t think he can do anything Duke can’t…and Duke didn’t dress this year.

Cheap deal though, and Moss was useless, so definitely a plus move.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Irv Smith (ankle) is expected to be sidelined 8-10 weeks.​

Well, that helps explain some of the motivation behind the T.J. Hockenson deal for Minnesota. Smith would miss most if not all of the remainder of the season with this injury timetable. The 2019 second-rounder has played just 20 games in the last three years and will likely be available in free agency.
Irv is done in Minnesota.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Hunt stays in CLE...
Word is they insisted on a 4th.
Which is crazy if you think about it.... they backed up the bank for every massage therapist's nightmare.... but they're firm on a 4th rounder for Hunt.

kinda surprised no one was willing to pay a 4th for him. I figured a 3rd would have been reasonable

Pretty sure CLE will get a 4th as compensation if Hunt leaves in FA next year, so makes sense they insisted on getting a 4th if they lost him to an opposing team in-season

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said he will "try to work him [Kadarius Toney] in" during the team's Week 9 game against the Titans.​

Toney is practicing on Wednesday after missing weeks of practice prior to his trade. It sounds like he will be active for Week 9 but may be limited to a rotational role. Starting him in fantasy leagues would be a considerable risk. His upside in Kansas City is tantalizing, but Toney drafters would be smart to wait another week before getting him in their lineups.

Sorry, but I don't buy a dang thing Andy Reid says publicly on these matters. A week and a half to get him up to speed. Granted, its not that long, but I honestly wouldn't be shocked if that kid plays 60-75% of the snaps

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said he will "try to work him [Kadarius Toney] in" during the team's Week 9 game against the Titans.​

Toney is practicing on Wednesday after missing weeks of practice prior to his trade. It sounds like he will be active for Week 9 but may be limited to a rotational role. Starting him in fantasy leagues would be a considerable risk. His upside in Kansas City is tantalizing, but Toney drafters would be smart to wait another week before getting him in their lineups.

Sorry, but I don't buy a dang thing Andy Reid says publicly on these matters. A week and a half to get him up to speed. Granted, its not that long, but I honestly wouldn't be shocked if that kid plays 60-75% of the snaps
He's just another guy that might have a good week one week and then do nothing the next week in that Kansas City offense. They already have plenty of those guys.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just another guy that might have a good week one week and then do nothing the next week in that Kansas City offense. They already have plenty of those guys.
I dunno...he seemed have that 'it' factor in New York for a pretty nice stretch...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My interpretation of the Chiefs roster is that Toney should completely replace Skyy Moore this year. Fielding punts and getting 15 snaps a game. But seriously...fielding punts is almost certainly the priority.

Beyond that, yeah, Boom and Bust potential. I like the long-term outlook a whole lot more than the short-term, though. Sammy Watkins upside (complete with injury history).

Toney in general is a risk, though.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poll time!
Who will play Daniel Snyder in the movie?

ESPN reports the U.S. Attorney's office is investigating the Washington Commanders for alleged "financial improprieties."​

Specifically, the "U.S. attorney's office in the Eastern District of Virginia." It is probably not a coincidence the news drops the same day disgraced owner Daniel Snyder finally propped open the door to selling the team after two-plus decades of disastrous control. Per ESPN, Snyder's team is being investigated for "financial impropriety by owner Dan Snyder and team executives." It would appear one of the potential crimes was cooking its league books, sharing false ticket sales data with the NFL office. The allegations are undoubtedly one of the many reasons Snyder's co-owners seem to have finally turned against him after decades of protection. Stay tuned.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poll time!

ESPN reports the U.S. Attorney's office is investigating the Washington Commanders for alleged "financial improprieties."​

Specifically, the "U.S. attorney's office in the Eastern District of Virginia." It is probably not a coincidence the news drops the same day disgraced owner Daniel Snyder finally propped open the door to selling the team after two-plus decades of disastrous control. Per ESPN, Snyder's team is being investigated for "financial impropriety by owner Dan Snyder and team executives." It would appear one of the potential crimes was cooking its league books, sharing false ticket sales data with the NFL office. The allegations are undoubtedly one of the many reasons Snyder's co-owners seem to have finally turned against him after decades of protection. Stay tuned.
Jeff Garlin or John Favreau

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the right makeup, Ryan Reynolds or Alec Baldwin.
They always go for the better-looking actor.

Maybe Steve Carell?

1667431664236.png

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saints coach Dennis Allen said that Michael Thomas (toe) will have surgery and will go on injured reserve.​

Allen told reporters that he does not anticipate Thomas playing again this season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Happy Gilmore My Fingers Hurt GIF - Happy Gilmore My Fingers Hurt GIFs