• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tuanbql4v8x91.jpg

Disgusted Judge Judy GIF

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vikings acquired T.J. Hockenson, a 2023 fourth-round pick, and a 2024 conditional fourth from the Lions in exchange for a 2023 second-round pick, and a 2024 third-round pick.​

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
technically, according to the NFL rules, since DJM left the field of play when he took of his helmet to celebrate, no penalty. Refs got it wrong and prob overreacted after they missed one of those calls on someone that got a sack in a prime time game recently (can't remember which game but I recall the play/celly)

guess it depends on the way the out of bounds lines are defined as part of the field of play. If coaches and players and media cannot be on those sidelines, I consider them being part of the field of play, therefore, since his helmet was off before he got outside those white lines, the penalty is %100 justified.

Regardless, the 'spirit' of the rule is intended to detour not just taunting but also the "look at me' nature of celebrations. That's why team celebrations are ok, and individual celebrations are not. And there is one and only one reason for removing your helmet during a celebration, and that is to get everyone to notice you, see your face, and see just how pleased with yourself you are and how great of a play you just made.
Technicalities aside, it was a purely selfish, me first move, and I'm glad they were penalized and that it actually affected the game. I dream of the day where crap like that is purely a thing of the past..that and the ridiculous 'look at me' on routine first downs with the players pointing, IMHO that should also be unsportsmanlike and another 15 yards

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did they acquire a cranialfromanus extractor for Kirk Cousins as well? cuz' that'd be helpfull.
i was curious does this help or hurt hock and poor chase claypool

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess it depends on the way the out of bounds lines are defined as part of the field of play. If coaches and players and media cannot be on those sidelines, I consider them being part of the field of play, therefore, since his helmet was off before he got outside those white lines, the penalty is %100 justified.

Regardless, the 'spirit' of the rule is intended to detour not just taunting but also the "look at me' nature of celebrations. That's why team celebrations are ok, and individual celebrations are not. And there is one and only one reason for removing your helmet during a celebration, and that is to get everyone to notice you, see your face, and see just how pleased with yourself you are and how great of a play you just made.
Technicalities aside, it was a purely selfish, me first move, and I'm glad they were penalized and that it actually affected the game. I dream of the day where crap like that is purely a thing of the past..that and the ridiculous 'look at me' on routine first downs with the players pointing, IMHO that should also be unsportsmanlike and another 15 yards

But what if you hid a phone in the goal post and answered it with Hi Mom?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough call on Hock..its not like COusins hasn't had good TE's his entire career..from way back in his Washington days with Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis, Vikings with Rudolph and Irv..yet they've never truly flourished with him around. Reed wasn't bad the rare times he was on the field, and VD had a few good games..Rudy and IRv were somewhat useful, but never what they should've been.
And Minnesota isn't likely to be throwing more than Detriot had been...I'd say at best its a push for Hock, unless Cousins gets his stuff together

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say it helps Hock. Cousins has done well in the past with good TEs. Goff and the Lions have been more inconsistent with him. I don't expect him to boom into Kelce or Andrews, but I feel like he should be more consistent week to week now. No clue wtf the Lions are doing though. You had actually made yourself a good offensive team. Just needed to get some defensive talent and that team is finally one its way.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was exactly what I was thinking of. And BOOO AARON BROOKS. Sorry Ass couldn't hit the broadside of a barn when at UVA, but kept talking about how he was going to be the best there ever was. Now25 years later his only claim to fame is being Vick's cousin.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was exactly what I was thinking of. And BOOO AARON BROOKS. Sorry Ass couldn't hit the broadside of a barn when at UVA, but kept talking about how he was going to be the best there ever was. Now25 years later his only claim to fame is being Vick's cousin.
Aaron Brooks throw a pretty deep ball. Wasn't exactly an on target deep ball, but it looked pretty

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trades so far:

RB Jeff Wilson to Dolphins

RB Chase Edmonds to Broncos

WR Chase Claypool to Bears

TE TJ Hockenson to VIkings