• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I feel about this. He hasn't been the starter one year yet, why not wait till midseason or offseason. Better frontload it and have some out years.

Another thing to consider is that the early reports are that they will attempt to "spread the field " by going 3 wide more often. With only Cooper, and Peoples-Jones as the only true NFL WR's on the roster, a couple rookies (none all that highly touted), and role players behind them, they might be banking on Njoku playing off line and outside more often, allowing a 3 wide side, but with '12' personel, which would also bode well for the run game, as it allows a ton of interesting shifts/formations to force the defenses hand.

However, where Njuko is a athletic freak for a TE, he's below average-average at best, out wide, so I'm not sure how great that'd work.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing to consider is that the early reports are that they will attempt to "spread the field " by going 3 wide more often. With only Cooper, and Peoples-Jones as the only true NFL WR's on the roster, a couple rookies (none all that highly touted), and role players behind them, they might be banking on Njoku playing off line and outside more often, allowing a 3 wide side, but with '12' personel, which would also bode well for the run game, as it allows a ton of interesting shifts/formations to force the defenses hand.

However, where Njuko is a athletic freak for a TE, he's below average-average at best, out wide, so I'm not sure how great that'd work.
Another thing to consider is Stefanski using Hunt more, possibly in the slot. Endless possibilities once Watson gets on the field. Also, David Bell is looking good in OTA’s. He is another Jarvis. I believe they already have in penciled in at the slot, they love that kid. I really have no clue what Njoku’s role will be exactly but he will have all the opportunity in the world. Kelce’s first 1K season was at the age of 27. Njoku is 26 lol :wink:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing to consider is Stefanski using Hunt more, possibly in the slot. Endless possibilities once Watson gets on the field. Also, David Bell is looking good in OTA’s. He is another Jarvis. I believe they already have in penciled in at the slot, they love that kid. I really have no clue what Njoku’s role will be exactly but he will have all the opportunity in the world. Kelce’s first 1K season was at the age of 27. Njoku is 26 lol :wink:
Everyone looks good in OTA's..especially when only half the team is there.

A weak WR class overall and he was late in the third, I'll buy him being worth a second thought when I see him beat an NFL corner in preseason games.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone looks good in OTA's..especially when only half the team is there.

A weak WR class overall and he was late in the third, I'll buy him being worth a second thought when I see him beat an NFL corner in preseason games.
I mean he is still a rookie but I could care less where a player was picked. Too many 1st round WR’s busts in the past. If a guy can catch and is a good route runner he can have success in this league. We will see. DPJ was a 6th rounder but if he isn’t the #2 and he doesn’t develop further, someone is taking his targets. Njoku and/or Bell.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he is still a rookie but I could care less where a player was picked. Too many 1st round WR’s busts in the past. If a guy can catch and is a good route runner he can have success in this league. We will see. DPJ was a 6th rounder but if he isn’t the #2 and he doesn’t develop further, someone is taking his targets. Njoku and/or Bell.
For the most part, I too could care less where someone is drafted. But the reality is, in a shallow class, he wasn't near the top in his respective position, he was just another dude. Obviously that means nothing in the big picture, but given none of them have proven anything, it's the only info we've got, so he's gotta prove more than a Burks, or Williams or Olave, does to get respect. And nothing gets proven in voluntary OTA's, other than maybe a little toughness and work ethic.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part, I too could care less where someone is drafted. But the reality is, in a shallow class, he wasn't near the top in his respective position, he was just another dude. Obviously that means nothing in the big picture, but given none of them have proven anything, it's the only info we've got, so he's gotta prove more than a Burks, or Williams or Olave, does to get respect. And nothing gets proven in voluntary OTA's, other than maybe a little toughness and work ethic.
Absolutely, wasn’t trying to justify he would be good bc of OTA’s. He is still an unknown, like every other rookie at this point. Of course some have more expectation.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?
Thought the WR class was better than the RB class and leaps from the QB class.
well, it was, but that's not a testament to the WR class, rather a further indictment on the RB and QB class.
Popular consensus was that there were few to no "alpha" type receivers, but lots and lots of able #2's and 3"s

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Popular consensus was that there were few to no "alpha" type receivers, but lots and lots of able #2's and 3"s
Honestly, it's not too different than what people said about 2019. That said, I think WR has gained positional value in the past three years because a lot of the WRs picked this year were reaches imo

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so he's gotta prove more than a Burks, or Williams or Olave, does to get respect.

Who will be the most disappointed with the 1st round draft capital used for Olave:
1) The Saints
2) Saints fans
3) Olave fantasy owners
4) All of the above

he's on my 'avoid' list this year. coaching change, QB transition from Brees still in flux, target hogs Mike Thomas, Kamara, and now Landry on the roster. I need to see it from both those Big 10 guys - Bell and Olave - before I'm sold on either, and considering the fantasy cost, give me Bell 100% of the time as of today.

Bell also an early declare with better production while playing in the same conference with what I'd assume we would all agree is worse QB play at Purdue than what Olave had at OSU

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will be the most disappointed with the 1st round draft capital used for Olave:
1) The Saints
2) Saints fans
3) Olave fantasy owners
4) All of the above

he's on my 'avoid' list this year. coaching change, QB transition from Brees still in flux, target hogs Mike Thomas, Kamara, and now Landry on the roster. I need to see it from both those Big 10 guys - Bell and Olave - before I'm sold on either, and considering the fantasy cost, give me Bell 100% of the time as of today.

Bell also an early declare with better production while playing in the same conference with what I'd assume we would all agree is worse QB play at Purdue than what Olave had at OSU
I get Landry was cheap so why not sign him but that's a lot of capital to give up for a WR (Olave). Not even a clear top WR in the draft as well. I like Wilson more but I do think Olave is a great route runner but now they have Thomas, Landry and Olave who basically do the same thing. I really don't get that WR depth chart to be honest.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) The Saints
2) Saints fans
3) Olave fantasy owners
4) All of the above

Olave was my number one WR for draft purposes until Landry signed.
Drafted him in the back end of D1, so I’m not thrilled.
But tried trading up to #3 in D2 to get him, but that failed…luckily for me.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olave was my number one WR for draft purposes until Landry signed.
Drafted him in the back end of D1, so I’m not thrilled.
But tried trading up to #3 in D2 to get him, but that failed…luckily for me.

I'm always suspicious of WRs that stay at top tier programs for 4yrs and don't dominate in their final season or two.
Older than competition, established in their offensive system, should be a slam dunk season to stuff the stat sheet.

Mike Thomas and Jarvis Landry are better than the WR competition Olave faced in college, imo

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always suspicious of WRs that stay at top tier programs for 4yrs and don't dominate in their final season or two.
Older than competition, established in their offensive system, should be a slam dunk season to stuff the stat sheet.

Mike Thomas and Jarvis Landry are better than the WR competition Olave faced in college, imo
Well tbf he only played in 11 games and had 930 yards 13 TD's. You have Wilson on one side who had 1,050 yards 13 total TD's. Then you had the sophomore who could be the best of the bunch or he took everyone for granted, Smith-Njiba who had 1,600 yards and 9 TD's. Stroud did pretty well spreading the ball around. I get your point to an extent but Wilson didn't dominate either then. Olave also only played in 7 games in 2020.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, it's not too different than what people said about 2019. That said, I think WR has gained positional value in the past three years because a lot of the WRs picked this year were reaches imo
Very true, and that class, was even thinner at the top end than this one. Oddly, gems like AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Deebo, and Terry Mclaurin were buried in that draft, while Hollywood Brown and mega bust N'Keal Harry were the "top".

So is David Bell a soon to be AJ Brown or McLaurin? Or maybe he takes a few years and he's Deebo? Or is he just another Myles Boykin, Parris Campbell, Jalen Hurd, JCA Whiteside, or Andy Isabella?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well tbf he only played in 11 games and had 930 yards 13 TD's. You have Wilson on one side who had 1,050 yards 13 total TD's. Then you had the sophomore who could be the best of the bunch or he took everyone for granted, Smith-Njiba who had 1,600 yards and 9 TD's. Stroud did pretty well spreading the ball around. I get your point to an extent but Wilson didn't dominate either then. Olave also only played in 7 games in 2020.

I forgot to mention he played 3rd fiddle to a sophomore WR 2yrs younger and less experienced in the OSU system, thanks for that additional reason as to why I'm hesitant on Olave.
Always hard to judge a player that continually was outshined on his own college team. Terrance Marshall without the injury concerns?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true, and that class, was even thinner at the top end than this one. Oddly, gems like AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Deebo, and Terry Mclaurin were buried in that draft, while Hollywood Brown and mega bust N'Keal Harry were the "top".

So is David Bell a soon to be AJ Brown or McLaurin? Or maybe he takes a few years and he's Deebo? Or is he just another Myles Boykin, Parris Campbell, Jalen Hurd, JCA Whiteside, or Andy Isabella?
It's hard to make exact comparisons because if there was a Deebo or DK I think the NFL has learned enough to draft those guys top 15.

Honestly, I'm not expecting anyone better than Terry Mclaurin in the whole draft.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention he played 3rd fiddle to a sophomore WR 2yrs younger and less experienced in the OSU system, thanks for that additional reason as to why I'm hesitant on Olave.
Always hard to judge a player that continually was outshined on his own college team. Terrance Marshall without the injury concerns?
I mean he was more productive than Marshall but we are also comparing a 5 star almost perfect grade recruit to a 3 star recruit. The only reason Ohio St knew about this kid is bc they were recruiting a 5 star QB and they asked the coaches, "who is the guy WR running the routes?". They offered Olave a scholarship.

I get why you are hesitatant on Olave but it less about the production in college and more about the opportunity and system in New Orleans. Like others have said, before the Landry pickup I liked him more...now I would also be hesitant for an immediate impact. So to see him slip in rookie drafts was not surprising to me. I would have taken a handful of rookie WR's over him bc of opportunity alone.