• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raiders signed WR Keelan Cole, formerly of the Jets, to a one-year contract.​

Cole, 29, has long been a productive depth wideout wherever he's been, spending last season with the Jets after four with the Jaguars.

Bears signed WR Tajae Sharpe, formerly of the Falcons, to a one-year contract.​

Sharpe, 27, spent last season in Atlanta where he posted a 25-230-0 line on 37 targets, spanning 15 appearances and seven starts for the talent-deficient Falcons. He hasn't caught a touchdown since 2019.

Bears signed WR Dante Pettis, formerly of the Giants, to a one-year contract.​

The Bears also inked fellow veteran WR Tajae Sharpe to a one-year deal Wednesday. Pettis, 26, had a productive 27-467-5 line with the 49ers as a second-round rookie in 2018 but then fell into coach Kyle Shanahan's doghouse and never escaped before landing with the Giants in 2020.

Patriots traded QB Jarrett Stidham to the Raiders.​

The Raiders are flipping late-round picks with the Patriots in exchange for Stidham. Stidham will follow his former OC Josh McDaniels to Las Vegas, likely serving as Derek Carr's backup.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"The Ringer's Steven Ruiz believes Drew Lock would represent a "smoother transition" for the Seahawks' post-Russell Wilson offense.​

Physically talented and mostly disastrous as a passer in three years with the Broncos, Lock will compete with veteran Geno Smith for Seattle's Week 1 starting gig after the team dealt Russell Wilson to Denver this offseason. ............ While neither QB will offer much fantasy appeal, Smith would certainly be better for Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf. "

Well...I'm in disagreement with that last statement. I think Drew Lock and his arm talent, and desire to push the ball, would be better for the WR's. His biggest issue in Denver, as said before, was above the shoulders, however, another large part of the issue is that Fangio restrained the offense and there was little to no pushing the ball, regardless of who was at QB. When he was allowed to let it rip, has was still not great, but better than trying to make those precise, anticipatory throws that a shorter passing game relies on.

What's your thoughts or the local buzz @HaroldSeattle

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"The Ringer's Steven Ruiz believes Drew Lock would represent a "smoother transition" for the Seahawks' post-Russell Wilson offense.​

Physically talented and mostly disastrous as a passer in three years with the Broncos, Lock will compete with veteran Geno Smith for Seattle's Week 1 starting gig after the team dealt Russell Wilson to Denver this offseason. ............ While neither QB will offer much fantasy appeal, Smith would certainly be better for Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf. "

Well...I'm in disagreement with that last statement. I think Drew Lock and his arm talent, and desire to push the ball, would be better for the WR's. His biggest issue in Denver, as said before, was above the shoulders, however, another large part of the issue is that Fangio restrained the offense and there was little to no pushing the ball, regardless of who was at QB. When he was allowed to let it rip, has was still not great, but better than trying to make those precise, anticipatory throws that a shorter passing game relies on.

What's your thoughts or the local buzz @HaroldSeattle
I agree with what you said. Lock has the arm to go long while Geno is a dink and dunk QB, so Lock should be better for Lockett and Metcalf . Pete likes to hammer the run, draw defenders forward then go long, so kind of ideal for Lock. Not that I feel either Lock or Geno are relevant for FF ( until I see results that suggest otherwise). Still Lock does represent a smoother transition for the offense and I didn't feel the Broncos spent much time trying to developed him. They went from Musgrave ( who Lock did OK with) to Scangarello ( who stunk as OC) to Shurmur ( likes the dink and dunk). Not ideal for a raw talent like Lock who needed work and coaching to develop. So this is the cross road for Lock, sink or swim. Seahawks drafted book ends OTs and a good ( not great) power back to go along with the fine starting WRs and I do expect Pete to make Lock his project this summer. So we'll have to see how it goes, at worse they draft a QB next year and at best they find and develop Lock into a decent starter and for pennies.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jeudy arrested?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B edwards traded from Vegas to Atlanta...I would bet ges immediately the #2 across from Lindon, and surely has a report with Marriota...I like it
Refresh my memory, is this a Gruden pick too?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well not the worse landing spot, although I was hoping Chiefs or Packers.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well not the worse landing spot, although I was hoping Chiefs or Packers.
I think the money always put him out of the running with the Chiefs. Skyy Moore was probably the nail in that coffin. Had they taken Alec Pierce or Pickens then maybe its in the cards.

Saints are actually building a pretty frisky team right now in a wide open NFC

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3