• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just like anything else in fantasy football though. You can certainly build a great team by going RB, RB, RB in the first three rounds, you just have to pick the correct 3. If you went Jonathan Taylor, Najee Harris, Deandre Swift in the first three rounds I think you'd be happy with that, but if you went Saquon Barkley, Antonio Gibson, Josh Jacobs in the first 3 rounds then your season is a disaster. The only really late guy that has been good is Cordarrelle Patterson and he wasn't even drafted in the majority of leagues whereas at wide receiver, 3 of the top 4 guys right now are Cooper Kupp, Deebo Samuel, and Ja'Marr Chase who all could have been had in the 5th round or later. There are still a whole lot more later round wide receivers that have turned out good than there are later round running backs.

I'm employing the "Stream RB2" strategy in a couple leagues where I waited on RBs after getting my 1st one, and 1 where I didn't even land dominant WRs, but it's been working out alright so far in both. So many injuries and RBBC's that I've been able to find suitable fill-ins. Definitely miss on some swings, but there aren't any RB2s out there that hit every week, those are called RB1s

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somewhat shocking that they couldn't find a trade partner. since the compensatory pick formula isn't made public, I don't even know if they get one for releasing the guy, doesn't he have to leave when his contract expires, or retire for the team to receive a comp. pick?

and if that's the case, that they won't get one at all, how can you not find someone willing to give up at least a 7th for him? And your already on the hook for the salary..you're telling me you couldn't do a deal like the Bronco's did Von Miller and cover most of the salary in a trade in order to get some time of compensation for OBJ?
Craziness...

So now, where does he go? New Orleans? Thomas isn't playing this year and Callaway apparently is only good when Thomas is on the field or if its preaseason.

Vegas? there's an obvious need, and he definitely fits the Raider archetype, but would an interim coach clinging to the locker room via heartstrings and not much else, want to chance throwing that off kilter with a personality like OBJ's?

Patriots? BB's has always been a fan of the reclamation project..likely because successfully reviving someone's career gives him a warm fuzzy ego boost of mammoth proportions. He'd likely have visions of Randy Moss dancing in his head, and they do need a real WR, but, does he risk his rookie QB, his future, to pair him up with a "straight up" me first WR?

Packers? they could certainly use a real WR opposite Adams, but it sure doesn't seem like much of a fit. GB Wisconson-Cleveland Ohio-Odell Beckham Jr....one of these things is not like the others...
I had to quote and state. Great read Treffer

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just like anything else in fantasy football though. You can certainly build a great team by going RB, RB, RB in the first three rounds, you just have to pick the correct 3. If you went Jonathan Taylor, Najee Harris, Deandre Swift in the first three rounds I think you'd be happy with that, but if you went Saquon Barkley, Antonio Gibson, Josh Jacobs in the first 3 rounds then your season is a disaster. The only really late guy that has been good is Cordarrelle Patterson and he wasn't even drafted in the majority of leagues whereas at wide receiver, 3 of the top 4 guys right now are Cooper Kupp, Deebo Samuel, and Ja'Marr Chase who all could have been had in the 5th round or later. There are still a whole lot more later round wide receivers that have turned out good than there are later round running backs.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somewhat shocking that they couldn't find a trade partner. since the compensatory pick formula isn't made public, I don't even know if they get one for releasing the guy, doesn't he have to leave when his contract expires, or retire for the team to receive a comp. pick?

and if that's the case, that they won't get one at all, how can you not find someone willing to give up at least a 7th for him? And your already on the hook for the salary..you're telling me you couldn't do a deal like the Bronco's did Von Miller and cover most of the salary in a trade in order to get some time of compensation for OBJ?
Craziness...

So now, where does he go? New Orleans? Thomas isn't playing this year and Callaway apparently is only good when Thomas is on the field or if its preaseason.

Vegas? there's an obvious need, and he definitely fits the Raider archetype, but would an interim coach clinging to the locker room via heartstrings and not much else, want to chance throwing that off kilter with a personality like OBJ's?

Patriots? BB's has always been a fan of the reclamation project..likely because successfully reviving someone's career gives him a warm fuzzy ego boost of mammoth proportions. He'd likely have visions of Randy Moss dancing in his head, and they do need a real WR, but, does he risk his rookie QB, his future, to pair him up with a "straight up" me first WR?

Packers? they could certainly use a real WR opposite Adams, but it sure doesn't seem like much of a fit. GB Wisconson-Cleveland Ohio-Odell Beckham Jr....one of these things is not like the others...
I don’t think he gets past the Pats, if he gets that far.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb got the 'rona. So does Felton. Everyone scramble to get D'Ernest back.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's still a shot, Chubb does have until Sunday to get 2 negative tests, 24 hours apart. hope is not completely lost just yet

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when do the stinkin' waiver process in the NFL? I 'm getting tired of wondering where Beckham lands
I think teams had until 4pm EST, so about 5 minutes ago, he cleared. Assuming nobody wanted to pay him 7.5mil for the rest of the season

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when do the stinkin' waiver process in the NFL? I 'm getting tired of wondering where Beckham lands
Just saw that he cleared waivers and will sign "sooner, rather than later". Top 2 spots are Green Bay and Seattle.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that he cleared waivers and will sign "sooner, rather than later". Top 2 spots are Green Bay and Seattle.
I get GB..I really don't understand this fascination with Seattle every time a WR worthy of mention comes available. DK and Lockett have that shit locked down, there's no need for another, nor is there available targets for another. they might on paper be what Brady has in TB, but that's not the offense Pete Carrol runs

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get GB..I really don't understand this fascination with Seattle every time a WR worthy of mention comes available. DK and Lockett have that shit locked down, there's no need for another, nor is there available targets for another. they might on paper be what Brady has in TB, but that's not the offense Pete Carrol runs
I'm just passing along what I heard... but I agree. I don't see how he doesn't end up in GB.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top guy on the WW now! Hurry up he is going quick. Keep quiet.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What What?

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Vikings RB Dalvin Cook is the victim of domestic abuse and extortion, and there is pending litigation.​

It's always horrible to hear about news like this, especially for one of the best players in the league. At this point, there's not much to do except let the legal proceedings play out and hope justice prevails. There are sure to be updates on this case over the next few weeks and months.