• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I would hold Pittman and try to compete with your superior WRs.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standard scoring.

Would you trade away Pittman for Clyde (and Aiyuk)?

RB: Henderson, Gordon, Javonte, Dillon, Collins and Carson.
WR: Keenan, Diggs, Cooks, AB and Pittman
Depends on how many of those wide receivers you can play. If it's only 2 wide receivers and a flex then I would do the trade because it's better to have another running back than just have all of those wide receivers on your bench.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how many of those wide receivers you can play. If it's only 2 wide receivers and a flex then I would do the trade because it's better to have another running back than just have all of those wide receivers on your bench.

No flex.
Start two RB and three WR (or two WR and two TE).

Having five WR and starting three might be more tricky when AB is healthy.
I’m currently debating Cooks vs Pittman this week.

I just don’t know if Clyde for my playoffs will be worth it.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No flex.
Start two RB and three WR (or two WR and two TE).

Having five WR and starting three might be more tricky when AB is healthy.
I’m currently debating Cooks vs Pittman this week.

I just don’t know if Clyde for my playoffs will be worth it.
I think you could use the options at running back a whole lot more than a 5th wide receiver.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep an eye on CeeDee.....

CEEDEE LAMBWR, DALLAS COWBOYS

CeeDee Lamb (ankle) did not participate in Thursday's practice.​

Here's a change from earlier today when Mike McCarthy told reporters that Lamb would be limited. Don't go scrambling in panic just yet, but players relying on Lamb should certainly be thinking about pivots even harder than they were this morning. If Lamb does play against the Panthers he'll be ranked as a low-end WR1

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you could use the options at running back a whole lot more than a 5th wide receiver.

I agree. I accepted.
Hopefully Clyde has a good run week 13 and beyond (if I get there).

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I accepted.
Hopefully Clyde has a good run week 13 and beyond (if I get there).

Chiefs RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire (knee-IR) has not yet been designated to return.​

Edwards-Helaire's three-week minimum requirement for IR has been met as he was placed on it after Week 5's game, but the Chiefs have not yet even opened his practice window. Darrel Williams will remain the lead back in Kansas City for the short term, with Derrick Gore nipping at his heels after a nice debut on Monday night.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RB situation in this day and age is undecipherable.

I'd love to hear from someone who can figure this out.

I think it's gonna be going on for a long time.

Where is @The Foot when we need him? ;)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RB situation in this day and age is undecipherable.

I'd love to hear from someone who can figure this out.

I think it's gonna be going on for a long time.

Where is @The Foot when we need him? ;)

boy am I ever coming around on the "Hero RB" draft strategy of taking one in the 1st, then hammer 3-4 committee RBs or high value cuff RBs after round 8 and hope you're on the right side of injury after loading up on WR and getting your QB1 and TE1

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Browns informed WR Odell Beckham of his release.​

Profootballtalk's Mike Florio initially reported the move, while Yahoo's Charles Robinson has since confirmed it. Since the trade deadline has come and gone, Beckham must first clear waivers even though he is a vested veteran. Florio reports that is where the tricky part comes in, as Beckham has agreed to a "revised contract that reduces the team’s obligation to pay Beckham, if he’s not claimed on waivers and becomes eligible for the balance of his salary termination pay." As Florio points out, the key for Beckham is making sure his salary does not go low enough that he actually gets claimed. Beckham wants to clear waivers and be free to choose his new home. Robinson reports the Browns "failed to receive any trade offers for Beckham," with perhaps only the Saints even considering one. Slowed by injury and intrigue during his star-crossed time in Cleveland, Beckham's initial market could be uncertain, but he will undoubtedly draw interest from a gaggle of competing teams.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somewhat shocking that they couldn't find a trade partner. since the compensatory pick formula isn't made public, I don't even know if they get one for releasing the guy, doesn't he have to leave when his contract expires, or retire for the team to receive a comp. pick?

and if that's the case, that they won't get one at all, how can you not find someone willing to give up at least a 7th for him? And your already on the hook for the salary..you're telling me you couldn't do a deal like the Bronco's did Von Miller and cover most of the salary in a trade in order to get some time of compensation for OBJ?
Craziness...

So now, where does he go? New Orleans? Thomas isn't playing this year and Callaway apparently is only good when Thomas is on the field or if its preaseason.

Vegas? there's an obvious need, and he definitely fits the Raider archetype, but would an interim coach clinging to the locker room via heartstrings and not much else, want to chance throwing that off kilter with a personality like OBJ's?

Patriots? BB's has always been a fan of the reclamation project..likely because successfully reviving someone's career gives him a warm fuzzy ego boost of mammoth proportions. He'd likely have visions of Randy Moss dancing in his head, and they do need a real WR, but, does he risk his rookie QB, his future, to pair him up with a "straight up" me first WR?

Packers? they could certainly use a real WR opposite Adams, but it sure doesn't seem like much of a fit. GB Wisconson-Cleveland Ohio-Odell Beckham Jr....one of these things is not like the others...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somewhat shocking that they couldn't find a trade partner. since the compensatory pick formula isn't made public, I don't even know if they get one for releasing the guy, doesn't he have to leave when his contract expires, or retire for the team to receive a comp. pick?

and if that's the case, that they won't get one at all, how can you not find someone willing to give up at least a 7th for him? And your already on the hook for the salary..you're telling me you couldn't do a deal like the Bronco's did Von Miller and cover most of the salary in a trade in order to get some time of compensation for OBJ?
Craziness...

So now, where does he go? New Orleans? Thomas isn't playing this year and Callaway apparently is only good when Thomas is on the field or if its preaseason.

Vegas? there's an obvious need, and he definitely fits the Raider archetype, but would an interim coach clinging to the locker room via heartstrings and not much else, want to chance throwing that off kilter with a personality like OBJ's?

Patriots? BB's has always been a fan of the reclamation project..likely because successfully reviving someone's career gives him a warm fuzzy ego boost of mammoth proportions. He'd likely have visions of Randy Moss dancing in his head, and they do need a real WR, but, does he risk his rookie QB, his future, to pair him up with a "straight up" me first WR?

Packers? they could certainly use a real WR opposite Adams, but it sure doesn't seem like much of a fit. GB Wisconson-Cleveland Ohio-Odell Beckham Jr....one of these things is not like the others...

all the same teams I was chatting with my brother in law about this morning, this will be a fun one to see where he lands

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Craziness...

No comp pick for cut/released players. Only for players that leave on expired contracts.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No comp pick for cut/released players. Only for players that leave on expired contracts.
yup and they have to have been on the roster for a full year:suds:

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Mike Garofolo reports Adrian Peterson has "impressed" the Titans and has been promoted to the active roster.​

The eternal Peterson is set to serve as the team's primary ball carrier this week against the Rams. He'll be a game script sensitive fantasy option with Jeremy McNichols serving as Tennessee's pass-catching and two-minute drill back. Peterson is something of a risky Week 9 start because the Titans are heavy road underdogs, but he could save his fantasy day with a short touchdown in his goal line RB role. Fantasy managers should treat Peterson as a low-end RB2 against the pass-funnel Rams defense.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all the same teams I was chatting with my brother in law about this morning, this will be a fun one to see where he lands
they just said on tv the lions they need wrs they have money and hes fairly cheap 8 mil(unless they did something new with his contract):suds:

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler said NFL sources named the Raiders among six teams that would be a "good fit" for Odell Beckham.​

Fowler said the Raiders' recent loss of Henry Ruggs made Vegas a more likely destination for OBJ. He also named the Saints, Panthers, Seahawks, 49ers, and the Packers among potential landing spots for OBJ. PointsBet views the Raiders as the favorites to land Beckham, with the Saints and Patriots tied for second. Beckham, 29, who wore out his welcome in Cleveland after two and a half unproductive seasons, will be subject to waivers by Monday, according to ESPN's Field Yates. "Any team that wants to claim him would have to submit a waiver claim by Monday afternoon and would inherit the remaining 9 weeks of whatever money Beckham is still owed," Yates said. The Lions have top waiver priority, so we could see a disastrous marriage between OBJ and the league's worst starting QB, Jared Goff. If Beckham wants to play for a contender with a decent quarterback, the Niners, Panthers, and Saints won't make much sense. The Raiders, always willing to give second chances to players cast off by other organizations, could be the most logical place for OBJ. He would be interesting for fantasy purposes in a Vegas offense with the tenth highest neutral pass rate.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boy am I ever coming around on the "Hero RB" draft strategy of taking one in the 1st, then hammer 3-4 committee RBs or high value cuff RBs after round 8 and hope you're on the right side of injury after loading up on WR and getting your QB1 and TE1
It's just like anything else in fantasy football though. You can certainly build a great team by going RB, RB, RB in the first three rounds, you just have to pick the correct 3. If you went Jonathan Taylor, Najee Harris, Deandre Swift in the first three rounds I think you'd be happy with that, but if you went Saquon Barkley, Antonio Gibson, Josh Jacobs in the first 3 rounds then your season is a disaster. The only really late guy that has been good is Cordarrelle Patterson and he wasn't even drafted in the majority of leagues whereas at wide receiver, 3 of the top 4 guys right now are Cooper Kupp, Deebo Samuel, and Ja'Marr Chase who all could have been had in the 5th round or later. There are still a whole lot more later round wide receivers that have turned out good than there are later round running backs.