• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing all the news feeds in the offseason regarding Barkley, something just isnt right. He tore his ACL in week 2. Nearly an entire year later, should we be hearing reports that he is "limited in practice" or "questionable" or "will be eased in?" I think his psyche got damaged also because his doctor cleared him.

There was another RB some time ago. Same thing. Had a recoverable injury and he just wasnt the same. Man, i wish i could remember who that was? Was not an aggressive runner after that.
Kijana Carter?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing all the news feeds in the offseason regarding Barkley, something just isnt right. He tore his ACL in week 2. Nearly an entire year later, should we be hearing reports that he is "limited in practice" or "questionable" or "will be eased in?" I think his psyche got damaged also because his doctor cleared him.

There was another RB some time ago. Same thing. Had a recoverable injury and he just wasnt the same. Man, i wish i could remember who that was? Was not an aggressive runner after that.
same thing happened to RG3 and he wasnt even a RB
not a peep from the mccafferty camp either

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Used to be that a full calender year was the earliest until AP proved otherwise, now everyone expects guys to be ready sooner. I never expected Barkley to be close to %100 until week 3-4, and that's if they let him rehab and not rush back.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used to be that a full calender year was the earliest until AP proved otherwise, now everyone expects guys to be ready sooner. I never expected Barkley to be close to %100 until week 3-4, and that's if they let him rehab and not rush back.
Since i suffered an ACL tear (and minuscus), i am not sure that's accurate. I was given a cadaver ACL. The ortho told me they check during surgery that it will function properly by bending your knee in every direction with the new ligament attached. The rehab is primarily for the muscles. I was back playing ice hockey within a year. Can honestly say i believe most of it is MENTAL. If you are in fear that you will hurt yourself again, or not be able to pick up where you left off, you wont.
Remember: his doctor cleared him.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SPN's Adam Schefter reports the Texans are seeking a combination of six players and picks in a Deshaun Watson trade.​

Whether it's one player and five picks or two players and four picks, Texans GM Nick Caserio has set his asking price. For now, no team is willing to meet that price without stipulations attached to the picks with Watson still under investigation by the FBI in his sexual misconduct cases. Watson has yet to be charged with anything. The Texans are going to make Watson inactive all year while he's on the roster. We're unlikely to see a trade anytime soon.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna interject on the injuries.. Being “cleared” is not the same as returning 100%. Time and time again we see guys with injuries that are recoverable, recovery, but not come back quite the same.. there is some rationale for why.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same thing happened to RG3 and he wasnt even a RB
not a peep from the mccafferty camp either

This ^

Haven't heard anything but positive news on CMC and negative on Bark, it seems recently

And those news blurbs kept CMC as a top pick but plummeted Barkley to end of 1st/ early 2nd

Feel like the risk should be closer for these high volume guys returning from injury

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trey Sermon is a healthy inactive for Week 1 against the Lions.​

So much for Sermon being a usable RB3/FLEX option for the opener. This is a big surprise, as the 49ers are rolling with Raheem Mostert, JaMycal Hasty, and Elijah Mitchell in the backfield. It's a huge boost to Mostert's Week 1 status as a rock-solid RB2. Also inactive for the 49ers are CB Emmanuel Moseley, DT Javon Kinlaw, CB Josh Norman, and OL Aaron Banks.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see that coming.
Guess they're going to see if Singletary can tote the load with Breida coming in for some speed

@TKOSpikes thoughts?

Not sure what’s up. I’m thinking covid-something, but that’s just a guess. His ankle seemed fine in preseason.

Singletary didn’t get the nickname “motor” by not being able to tote. ;)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trey Sermon is a healthy inactive for Week 1 against the Lions.​

So much for Sermon being a usable RB3/FLEX option for the opener. This is a big surprise, as the 49ers are rolling with Raheem Mostert, JaMycal Hasty, and Elijah Mitchell in the backfield. It's a huge boost to Mostert's Week 1 status as a rock-solid RB2. Also inactive for the 49ers are CB Emmanuel Moseley, DT Javon Kinlaw, CB Josh Norman, and OL Aaron Banks.
Mostert out of the game with a knee injury

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See ya next season Rhomandre, fumble on 2nd touch

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if stevenson wasnt down the depth chart before, he is now in new england. Pre season fumble too.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Tyrod!

It's yer birthday! :dhd::dhd::dhd: