• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is everyone?
Aaron Rodgers doesnt report to OTAs.
Julio goes off on the Falcons and Cowboys.
Crickets in here.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is everyone?
Crickets in here.
I assumed Rodgers wouldnt be there. He is attending a wedding in Hawaii and traveling with his fiance.

Jones slamming the Cowboys is funny. ATL has been opening trying to trade him since the draft. I dont blame Julio.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

figured this was the next step in this process prior to Julio being traded.
played into my decision to trade away Kittle and draft Pitts in a league, figured at worst, I'm waiting for 1 season for Pitts to become the WR2 in one of the most fantasy friendly passing attacks.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
figured this was the next step in this process prior to Julio being traded.
played into my decision to trade away Kittle and draft Pitts in a league, figured at worst, I'm waiting for 1 season for Pitts to become the WR2 in one of the most fantasy friendly passing attacks.
We drafted him in D1 also and the only thing that has me worried is that they split him out so much that fantasy websites decide that he should be classified as a wide receiver and not a tight end. That is the worst possible thing that could happen to his value. He'd still be good at wide receiver, but great as a tight end for fantasy purposes.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We drafted him in D1 also and the only thing that has me worried is that they split him out so much that fantasy websites decide that he should be classified as a wide receiver and not a tight end. That is the worst possible thing that could happen to his value. He'd still be good at wide receiver, but great as a tight end for fantasy purposes.

have the same concern. nice that it is currently the only concern for Pitts, but it is a pretty major one.
judging off how some of the sites handled the Taysom Hill position eligibility last season, I'd expect them to leave Pitts at TE eligibility for this upcoming year, but could see them change it in the off season as opposed to changing it on the fly.

we just need him to stay WR/TE eligible until week 1, lol

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit @SmokingMonkey
Pitts could still get a position change. Didnt Colston come into the league as a TE? But the Saints threw to him so much and deep he eventually was classed as a WR.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit @SmokingMonkey
Pitts could still get a position change. Didnt Colston come into the league as a TE? But the Saints threw to him so much and deep he eventually was classed as a WR.

i think it had to do with where Colston lined up by snap percentage vs how often and where he was targeted on the field. since he never lined up as a TE in any formation, they converted him to WR.

if memory serves, I believe his breakout season he was in fact eligible as TE or WR, causing all the same controversy that will come if Pitts lines up off the line as a wideout for the majority of his snaps

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is everyone?
Crickets in here.
Coming from a Falcon, who have led the league in inventing new ways to lose games the past 3 seasons??? He can kiss my Cowboys lovin' ass.

BTW, he'd be the 4th WR on the depth chart those 4-6 games he was healthy in BigD anyways

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 271756

That's a boon for Sermon I think.
It might be. It might be a boon for Mostert, or a boon to Wayne Gallman, or a boon to the other guy they drafted, or a boon to Todd Gurley or Leveon Bell. Who the hell knows with Shanahan. The whole team could get hurt and he's still not going to give more than 15 touches to the guy that's left. He'll just run more motion with Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk and give them more carries. I don't own Wilson anywhere and I do have Mostert in a league so it doesn't break my heart, but I don't really expect any more out of him. Although if there's anything we know about Shanahan it's that anybody can be good in his offense as long as he gives them enough touches to be good.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be. It might be a boon for Mostert, or a boon to Wayne Gallman, or a boon to the other guy they drafted, or a boon to Todd Gurley or Leveon Bell. Who the hell knows with Shanahan. The whole team could get hurt and he's still not going to give more than 15 touches to the guy that's left. He'll just run more motion with Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk and give them more carries. I don't own Wilson anywhere and I do have Mostert in a league so it doesn't break my heart, but I don't really expect any more out of him. Although if there's anything we know about Shanahan it's that anybody can be good in his offense as long as he gives them enough touches to be good.
Oh yeah Shanahan loves a RBBC, still Wilson to miss a large part of the season, Coleman was allowed to walk, they moved Breida last off season and Mostert is 29 and in the last year of his contract. Then add in that the 49ers actually moved up to draft Sermon who played in a similar running offense to the 49ers and well....... I see that as a hopeful situation. Nothing guaranteed at this point, but I like the way things are trending for Sermon. The other thing to consider is Shanahan offense has been plug and play for his RBs, so who ever ends up getting the most touches usually puts up some nice numbers. Despite the RBBC Shanahan has used of late I see this as a good situation for Sermon and it's getting better with the latest news.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it was interesting that Sermon wasn't even mentioned in the original blurb about Wilson.
I'm sure that is the protocol. Rarely does a coach adamantly state that the rookie RB just drafted is the starter during the start of OTA.

1622083374949.png

Most SF RB couldn't last all season 'cept McKinnon and he's gone now.
If ONE RB could establish himself in that offense, he'd get a decent amount of touches tho.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with Joe...Sure Shanny is always going to share some, but if one guy can truly break away, I don't doubt at all that that guy could garner 20 touches a game...it's a big assed "if" though...Mostert has proven he can't do that for 16 games, and the rest haven't proven they can handle much of anything...yet

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Free agent Todd Gurley is visiting the Lions Thursday.​

This sure smells of new Lions GM Brad Holmes, who was in the Rams' front office while Gurley was with L.A., doing Gurley a favor. The Lions already have D'Andre Swift headed into his second season and signed Jamaal Williams earlier in the offseason. There's no room for Gurley's broken-down body in this backfield. Gurley has drawn zero free-agent interest up to this point. He turns 28 in August and just doesn't have a lot left in his knees.

Not sure this is the kind of landing spot any Gurley believers were hoping for. As if the backfield isn't enough crowded with Swift and Williams there.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Free agent Todd Gurley is visiting the Lions Thursday.​

This sure smells of new Lions GM Brad Holmes, who was in the Rams' front office while Gurley was with L.A., doing Gurley a favor. The Lions already have D'Andre Swift headed into his second season and signed Jamaal Williams earlier in the offseason. There's no room for Gurley's broken-down body in this backfield. Gurley has drawn zero free-agent interest up to this point. He turns 28 in August and just doesn't have a lot left in his knees.

Not sure this is the kind of landing spot any Gurley believers were hoping for. As if the backfield isn't enough crowded with Swift and Williams there.
There is like one, maybe 2 positions, out of 22, that the Lions are definitely set at..TE and RB (little hyperbole, surely there's a few O or D linemen too)...if the sign Gurley, just proves that Detriot is just dysfunctional, regardless of who is running the show

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions also signed Jamaal Williams. I agree with @TREFF. The Lions of tons of holes but RB isnt one of them.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to watch play out, Lafleur wouldn't be the first Shanny disciple to try that system of RB musical chairs, and just not have the feel for it. And if Coleman doesn't have anything left and he certainly didn't appear to have a ton last time he was seen, and Ty Johnson isn't significantly better than he was last year, Carter may still have an easy path.

And just to throw it out there, as far as being a head coach, Shanny Jr. has yet to have a year where a RB projected to be a main guy, lasted more than half the season. A strong percentage of his carousel is due more to necessity than it is by design..it remains to be seen what Lafleur will truly do, and I certainly wouldn't read too much into him wanting to see what he's got with all his options right away.

And 199 would be a bad weight for a guy 6'0" or taller, but 199 at 5'8", is a muscle hamster..I wouldn't put it past him to hold up to a more or less "full load". Personally I think he'll have a better career than his college teamate.