• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Hill for a side piece with Gesicki, if you’re still on the TE prowl.

just sayin’... if you’re anywhere near a Gesicki for WR deal, let’s get it on.

Or maybe you’re eyeballing Pitts at 1.2?
Im contemplating pitts at 2 yes, absolutely. Torn ok gesickis value tbh. Im all ears though.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im contemplating pitts at 2 yes, absolutely. Torn ok gesickis value tbh. Im all ears though.

well you have six WR I like and room for three starters. I assume half of those are off the table.

I’m just waiting on you. Not that I’m actively trying to move Gesicki...just that you requested the need for a TE. Just giving you options if you decide to move forward.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft a mere 48+ hours away, and nobody sharing their secrets on here.

Think I'll do my own personal, "makes too damned much sense to happen, guaranteeing that it won't", mock draft tonight...just to see if anyone wants to tear it apart

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think I'll do my own personal, "makes too damned much sense to happen, guaranteeing that it won't", mock draft tonight...just to see if anyone wants to tear it apart

ill share one... I am most likely going to draft Harris with my first pick.... but there is a chance Ettienne will be my pick instead...

I am also most likely not going to trade the pick... But if the steelers get Harris, I think I can trade that pick to @SteelersPride for a kings ransom... maybe his first born child too....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m very puzzled and threatened by the buzz around the Bills fan base of wanting to draft RB at 30.
It’s a ridiculous thought to claim it’s “the missing piece”.
Especially now with the Chiefs upgrading their Tackle, we need a pass rush upgrade.

I hope Beane and McDermott have more sense than that. Bringing in Breida helps me believe they are along my train of thought...but I sure hope Harris and Etienne get taken by the 20’s.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to share, really.
Been with you guys forever it seems so i KNOW you will all draft RB early and often.
Its no secret.
Just waiting to see where the worthless rookies land.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m very puzzled and threatened by the buzz around the Bills fan base of wanting to draft RB at 30.
Especially now with the Chiefs upgrading their Tackle, we need a pass rush upgrade.

I hope Beane and McDermott have more sense than that. Bringing in Breida helps me believe they are along my train of thought...but I sure hope Harris and Etienne get taken by the 20’s.
I'm a little befuddled by it to...keep seeing Etienne going there at 30. Personally I think a strong defensive player would be nice considering Josh Allen doesn't leave a lot of meat on the bone for a running game...and Singletary/Moss may not be great, but for what they need them to do, I'd say they're adequate.

Again, back to my comments about the Miami and ARZ situations, it CAN be improved, so can't count it out, but the Buffalo backs are significantly better, IMHO, than Gaskins or Edmonds

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little befuddled by it to...keep seeing Etienne going there at 30. Personally I think a strong defensive player would be nice considering Josh Allen doesn't leave a lot of meat on the bone for a running game...and Singletary/Moss may not be great, but for what they need them to do, I'd say they're adequate.

Again, back to my comments about the Miami and ARZ situations, it CAN be improved, so can't count it out, but the Buffalo backs are significantly better, IMHO, than Gaskins or Edmonds

Etienne would just be a perfect fit for that offense, that’s why you’ll keep seeing that mocked this week. And just like the RBs in ARZ/MIA, the BUF duo left a lot to be desired considering the way they built that offense.

Something else to think about: Gaskins saw a lot of stacked boxes last year, not sure drafting a RB that is perceived to be better will actually be better seeing such a high percentage of 8 man boxes with a QB that doesn’t have explosive arm strength (or at least hasn’t shown it in the NFL).

if one of the big 3 RBs land in Zona though.....sign me up. I think Harris/Etienne/Williams would all outplay Conner/Edmonds for a dominant role. And will virtually never see a stacked box with Kyler and Hopkins working together.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill share one... I am most likely going to draft Harris with my first pick.... but there is a chance Ettienne will be my pick instead...

I am also most likely not going to trade the pick... But if the steelers get Harris, I think I can trade that pick to @SteelersPride for a kings ransom... maybe his first born child too....
YEP, you likely can.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also find it puzzling that the Bills are getting some projections to draft Etienne. Not that Singletary and Moss are great, but the Bills just drafted them not long ago and they have showed enough to hope for improvement. If they do draft Etienne think it would be a backfield to avoid in FF. Mostly think it's just click bait as it doesn't really make sense.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also find it puzzling that the Bills are getting some projections to draft Etienne. Not that Singletary and Moss are great, but the Bills just drafted them not long ago and they have showed enough to hope for improvement. If they do draft Etienne think it would be a backfield to avoid in FF. Mostly think it's just click bait as it doesn't really make sense.

It really is incredible. We threw it like 50 times a game last year, and Motor-Moss get trashed for 4.5 ypc.

To be honest, I didn’t even want Moss, but at least understood it...and he fell to our laps on day two.

Gonna be some good corners and d-line at 30. (Or maybe we trade back)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really is incredible. We threw it like 50 times a game last year, and Motor-Moss get trashed for 4.5 ypc.

To be honest, I didn’t even want Moss, but at least understood it...and he fell to our laps on day two.

Gonna be some good corners and d-line at 30. (Or maybe we trade back)
Moss>singletary.

But i disagree if they take etienne that its a backfield to avoid. After investing in the other two, then upping the ante again, they are taking a RB because they arent happy with what they have, and taking one early, they arent gonna make that move for a massive time share IMHO

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well i wont tear it apart but i will scrutinize

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on pure upside how do you rank these QBs?? i left off trevor lawrence for obvious reasons(he is the clear best, and the Jets will not have the opportunity to draft him)

Justin Fields
Trey Lance
Zach Wilson
Mac Jones

everyone is saying the Jets will draft Wilson, but this makes me nervous, as i am also hearing he has the 2nd lowest ceiling only beating out Mac Jones....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on pure upside how do you rank these QBs?? i left off trevor lawrence for obvious reasons(he is the clear best, and the Jets will not have the opportunity to draft him)

Justin Fields
Trey Lance
Zach Wilson
Mac Jones

everyone is saying the Jets will draft Wilson, but this makes me nervous, as i am also hearing he has the 2nd lowest ceiling only beating out Mac Jones....

my buddy, who is a big fan of college ball, says Fields is better than Lawerence.

for me, on the rest, I’d say Lance is the most intriguing, but I don’t have much analysis to defend that.

Wilson seems like the one-year wonder hype, but again, I really have no depth of knowledge on him.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my buddy, who is a big fan of college ball, says Fields is better than Lawerence.

for me, on the rest, I’d say Lance is the most intriguing, but I don’t have much analysis to defend that.

Wilson seems like the one-year wonder hype, but again, I really have no depth of knowledge on him.

I have been wondering why Zach wilson has been the consensus 2, is it because he deserves it or is it because the Jets are dumb enough to go the safe and boring route, "once again"...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now I'm certainly not saying that he's right, because he certainly has been wrong plenty, but for what it's worth, Mel Kiper did an article on his top quarterback grades of all time earlier this year and this was his list:

1. John Elway
2. Andrew Luck
3. Peyton Manning
4. Trevor Lawrence
5. Jim Kelly
6. Andre Ware
7. Drew Bledsoe
8. Ryan Leaf
9. Troy Aikman
10. Josh Allen
11-15 Vinny Testaverde, Boomer Esiason, Steve Young, Bernie Kosar, Tim Couch

I really don't know why Wilson is the consensus #2 other than he started 28 games in college which is by far the most of the other four guys so they probably feel like they have a better sample size for him on what he brings to the table. Fields started 22, Lance and Mac Jones 17 each. Wilson's arm strength and ability to throw on the run as he had the highest passing grade for throws outside the pocket of all the quarterbacks this year are probably his biggest strengths, but once again I feel like it's more because they know what they are getting in him. I think with Fields he has a really hard time deciphering defenses that are complex. That doesn't hurt you much in college but leads to disaster in the NFL. He reminds me a lot of Jameis Winston when it comes to that. Now he can of course get better at that. I think with Lance and Jones the inexperience is probably the biggest thing. And it's always hard to get a good gauge on Alabama quarterbacks because they are essentially playing behind an NFL offensive line and throwing to NFL talent all around them.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Justin Fields
Trey Lance
Zach Wilson
Mac Jones

For what it's worth, Pro Football Focus ranks Wilson #2. Of course, their algorithm considers more than just which team they played for.