• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R. Stevenson signs 4 year extension, $9m per year on average. In this day and age, that's pretty big. Man am I glad I was right about him.

Finished outside the top 24 in fantasy pts/gm last year, behind Pollard, Ford, Ekeler, went on IR a few games after they started giving him workhorse volume... not sure this is the one to celebrate unless he benefits greatly from a super inexperienced offense with a rookie HC, rookie QB, and rookie/washed WR group

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not exactly sure what the hell he did last year to get him that kind of money, but then again New England has plenty of money to spare since the whole team sucks. I am avoiding that entire offense in fantasy. I'm just glad they didn't screw up Harrison's value by drafting him.

Finished outside the top 24 in fantasy pts/gm last year, behind Pollard, Ford, Ekeler, went on IR a few games after they started giving him workhorse volume... not sure this is the one to celebrate unless he benefits greatly from a super inexperienced offense with a rookie HC, rookie QB, and rookie/washed WR group
Dude was over %25 of the Pats total offense in 2022. Was around 20% of the total offense in 2023, and that's counting the 5 games they played without him.

He's quite literally all they have, that's what he did

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As mentioned, missed 5 games, would've been roughly 20th-25th had he played around his averages for those other 5.

And if any position is going to benefit from those factors...it would certainly be the RB, eh?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude was over %25 of the Pats total offense in 2022. Was around 20% of the total offense in 2023, and that's counting the 5 games they played without him.

He's quite literally all they have, that's what he did
I mean that's true because of how terrible they are. I just think in today's NFL unless you are a special running back then there's just no reason to pay somebody more than about $5 million a year and I don't think Stevenson is that special. I think I'd rather pay D'Onta Foreman his $2,000,000 to take the early down work and let Gibson play the passing downs and save $7 million a year.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As mentioned, missed 5 games, would've been roughly 20th-25th had he played around his averages for those other 5.

And if any position is going to benefit from those factors...it would certainly be the RB, eh?

I used per game avg for a reason, the guys behind him could've just as easily gotten ahead of him as he could've moved up in front of anyone else.

When 20% of the total offense isn't even good enough to crack the top 24 RB list, the offense is trash.

Let's see how much he benefits for fantasy while he's pass blocking for a bust rookie QB who's best trait is throwing the ball far, not dumping it off.

He'll need to repeat the usage after they brought in a receiving RB and have his offense take a step forward, both things I'm not counting on.

One thing he does have going for him, gonna be hard for the patriots to be even worse than last year, I guess. Didn't they set a record for games in a row scoring less than 13pts or something?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used per game avg for a reason, the guys behind him could've just as easily gotten ahead of him as he could've moved up in front of anyone else.

When 20% of the total offense isn't even good enough to crack the top 24 RB list, the offense is trash.

Let's see how much he benefits for fantasy while he's pass blocking for a bust rookie QB who's best trait is throwing the ball far, not dumping it off.

He'll need to repeat the usage after they brought in a receiving RB and have his offense take a step forward, both things I'm not counting on.

One thing he does have going for him, gonna be hard for the patriots to be even worse than last year, I guess. Didn't they set a record for games in a row scoring less than 13pts or something?
It was historically bad wether they own that record or not, and I think your right, they do.

But, yea, that's what you get when you play Bailey Zappe, and confirm that Bill OBrien truly has zero left to contribute to the coaching profession..it was crap.

Stevenson was the lone peanut in that crap

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean that's true because of how terrible they are. I just think in today's NFL unless you are a special running back then there's just no reason to pay somebody more than about $5 million a year and I don't think Stevenson is that special. I think I'd rather pay D'Onta Foreman his $2,000,000 to take the early down work and let Gibson play the passing downs and save $7 million a year.
Well you know me, I'm gonna side with my RB's, and say that anyone getting 12-15 touches a game deserves a f-ton more $$ than any WR who tops out at 8-10.

So if those DBags are getting 20mll plus, I'm thrilled to finally see a slightly above average guy get decent money.

Like Brady said on Cowherd's show, "it's easy for a defense to take away a perimeter receiver."

Than why pay those divas?? Pay the dudes who do the dirty work, and do it more often.

The elite guys should be getting Jefferson money

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you know me, I'm gonna side with my RB's, and say that anyone getting 12-15 touches a game deserves a f-ton more $$ than any WR who tops out at 8-10.

So if those DBags are getting 20mll plus, I'm thrilled to finally see a slightly above average guy get decent money.

Like Brady said on Cowherd's show, "it's easy for a defense to take away a perimeter receiver."

Than why pay those divas?? Pay the dudes who do the dirty work, and do it more often.

The elite guys should be getting Jefferson money
Ameeeeerrrr!!!!

:pound: :pound: :pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw @TREFF, just a joke, bro. We all have our loves, especially at RB these days. :)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Gibson salary cap hits each year.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: Stevenson

(From my pass distribution and coaching change article...)

NEW ENGLAND – It’s been nearly a quarter of a century since the Patriots hired a new coach. Welcome former Pat and new HC Jared Mayo. He hired former Bills QB/former Browns OC Alex Van Pelt as the Pats’ OC. Van Pelt’s offenses have moved the chains but statistically have been nothing more than NFL-average, coming off his best season in 2023, ranking in the top half of the league in yards (16) and points scored (10). The arguable lack of blue-chip caliber players on New England could also derail the new regime’s revolutionary efforts on offense.

1718987799985.png

My take: Stevenson may be the Pats best skill player. But if Van Pelt remains true to form and focuses on the TE like he did in Cleveland, then Stevenson will have to really improve as a runner to make up for what looks to be a reduction in targets. Ans stay healthy.

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: Stevenson

(From my pass distribution and coaching change article...)

NEW ENGLAND – It’s been nearly a quarter of a century since the Patriots hired a new coach. Welcome former Pat and new HC Jared Mayo. He hired former Bills QB/former Browns OC Alex Van Pelt as the Pats’ OC. Van Pelt’s offenses have moved the chains but statistically have been nothing more than NFL-average, coming off his best season in 2023, ranking in the top half of the league in yards (16) and points scored (10). The arguable lack of blue-chip caliber players on New England could also derail the new regime’s revolutionary efforts on offense.

View attachment 365407

My take: Stevenson may be the Pats best skill player. But if Van Pelt remains true to form and focuses on the TE like he did in Cleveland, then Stevenson will have to really improve as a runner to make up for what looks to be a reduction in targets. Ans stay healthy.
Maye is good at throwing those called swing passes to the backs and Stevenson is good at catching and running outside the numbers. Van Pelt should figure that out.

In Cleveland he had Chubb who didn't need the ball outside he could just run up the middle.

Cle=92%
NE=97%
Where'd the other percentages go?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maye is good at throwing those called swing passes to the backs and Stevenson is good at catching and running outside the numbers. Van Pelt should figure that out.

In Cleveland he had Chubb who didn't need the ball outside he could just run up the middle.

Cle=92%
NE=97%
Where'd the other percentages go?
Guessing only Zeke and Stevenson were counted in the RB totals.

TyMo and Kevin Harris had 15 targets of the Patriots 541 targets = 2.7%

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing only Zeke and Stevenson were counted in the RB totals.

TyMo and Kevin Harris had 15 targets of the Patriots 541 targets = 2.7%
Then that makes 99.7% for the Pats to 92% for the Browns.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in the Browns case.. pass attempts total 624. Targets for all offensive skill players total 597.

Patriots- 557 PA'Ss, 541 targets

Obviously there are passes that don't get credited to a particular target.

So if you're using PA'S as the general pool, and targets to divide up percentages of those PA'S, those won't total %100. Would have to use targets, to a player, divided by total targets, to eliminate the discrepancies

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99.7 ain't close enough to %100 for you? And check the Browns on yer own, I simply gave a plausible explanation
Haha it was good info, but it also made the spread greater. A lot of this discrepency can probably be attributed to Njoku deserving targets.