• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with @Bandit, if they resigned Cousins, they never could've afforded Jefferson. Gimme Jefferson all the way in that scenario.
In all reality that is the play. But some bean counter will probably say something like, "who was the last super bowl winner to win with a big-ticket WR?" Might have to go back a ways.

Kupp signed his paypay after the Rams won.

Last edited:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep holding out hope a training camp injury forces another team's hand into a lopsided deal that Cincy can't say no to and sing a big extension with them, or report and play out the contract, become a UFA and see what the market holds for you. Probably never getting #1 money in Cincy
I like Tee, but he reminds me of Gabe Davis 2.0

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all reality that is the play. But some bean counter will probably say something like, "who was the last super bowl winner to win with a big-ticket WR?" Might have to go back a ways.

Mike Evans the year prior? was 5 years at 82.5m (signed in 2018) 'big ticket' in 2020?

Maybe D. THomas in 2015 with Denver?

beyond that, I think you'd have to go back a ways.
Colston with the Saints in '09?

Could definitely stop here though-
Harrison and R. Wayne with the Colts in '06

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and you can say that about RB's too though, its cyclical. Now that defenses are simply hanging in cover 2 shells %90of the time, eventually offenses will morph and either TE or RB will be the next en vogue position that you must have. Then defenses will catch on, change and adapt, and WR's will be all the rage again.. Offensively, there are really only a couple positions where its truly worth it to pay the big time dollars too and still expect to build a super bowl winner - QB and OL, if you've got greatness there, the skill positions take care of themselves and B players produce like A listers

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Tee, but he reminds me of Gabe Davis 2.0
I've seen them both torch KC but I like Tee a lot more than Davis. The problem is that Davis is $13 mil a year and Tee is probably $22-25 mil a year. Is Tee worth more than Trey Hendrickson? I personally dont think so. The reason you have a guy like Joe Burrow is so you can win Super Bowls with average WRs half the time.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Evans the year prior? was 5 years at 82.5m (signed in 2018) 'big ticket' in 2020?

Maybe D. THomas in 2015 with Denver?

beyond that, I think you'd have to go back a ways.
Colston with the Saints in '09?

Could definitely stop here though-
Harrison and R. Wayne with the Colts in '06
KC certainly paid Sammy Watkins like he was a big ticket WR

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen them both torch KC but I like Tee a lot more than Davis. The problem is that Davis is $13 mil a year and Tee is probably $22-25 mil a year. Is Tee worth more than Trey Hendrickson? I personally dont think so. The reason you have a guy like Joe Burrow is so you can win Super Bowls with average WRs half the time.
I could count on one hand the number of WR's I'd say are worth more than an elite edge rusher

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Tee more than Davis as well, that's why he gets the 2.0 upgrade.

At least Tee has a QB that will give him some juice.

For now, anyway.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oof. The Kiss of Death has been planted.

Broadway Sports Media’s Easton Freeze reports the Titans plan to use Treylon Burks on special teams.

Coach Callahan made it a point that Burks will have to find his spots on the field by way of special teams. “If he’s one of those guys on game day, we’re going to have to find a place for him” said Callahan. Burks does have experience as a kick and punt returner during his college days, but Callahan spoke specifically about the gunner role on the punt team (for Burks). With Calvin Ridley, DeAndre Hopkins and Tyler Boyd as the Titans’ top three wideouts, Burks has work to do before he gets back in the receiving rotation.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oof. The Kiss of Death has been planted.

Broadway Sports Media’s Easton Freeze reports the Titans plan to use Treylon Burks on special teams.

Coach Callahan made it a point that Burks will have to find his spots on the field by way of special teams. “If he’s one of those guys on game day, we’re going to have to find a place for him” said Callahan. Burks does have experience as a kick and punt returner during his college days, but Callahan spoke specifically about the gunner role on the punt team (for Burks). With Calvin Ridley, DeAndre Hopkins and Tyler Boyd as the Titans’ top three wideouts, Burks has work to do before he gets back in the receiving rotation.

Burks should be great in that role with the new kickoff rules, but that's good for real football not fantasy

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the following for whatever you think it's worth, bearing in mind 2 facts-
#1 this is nothing more than a talking head on a local Denver talk show... yes he's connected, but he's still just a dude in the radio. But...
#2 this is the same dude he clued me in, way ahead of OTA's, and mini camps about all three of Thomas Rawls, Phillips Lindsay and James Robinson, the dude rarely is wrong about RB's

That being said-
The rumblings he's talking about out of Broncos camps are that Sam. Perine will not make the team, and it's a 50/50 call as to whether J. Williams or Blake Watson gets the third RB spot, with Estime and J. McLaughlin the only sure things, and that J. McLaughlin will be the teams' starting RB in '24.

Again, take it for whatever you like

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 this is nothing more than a talking head on a local Denver talk show... yes he's connected, but he's still just a dude in the radio. But...
#2 this is the same dude he clued me in, way ahead of OTA's, and mini camps about all three of Thomas Rawls, Phillips Lindsay and James Robinson, the dude rarely is wrong about RB's

That being said-
The rumblings he's talking about out of Broncos camps are that Sam. Perine will not make the team, and it's a 50/50 call as to whether J. Williams or Blake Watson gets the third RB spot, with Estime and J. McLaughlin the only sure things, and that J. McLaughlin will be the teams' starting RB in '24.

Shhhhh

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That being said-

That would be a turn of events, McLaughlin winning the starting job.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That being said-

I could see him in the Kamara role, but Payton has never liked just one running back. Even with Kamara there was Mark Ingram at New Orleans. Although even if McLaughlin can secure the Kamara role that would be great for him. The only league I owned Javonte Williams in I traded him this off-season so I have absolutely no shares of any of these guys so I hope it's a logistical nightmare and they keep all of them and all of them play.