• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a turn of events, McLaughlin winning the starting job.

I agree. Payton making his stamp on the team?

I could see him in the Kamara role, but Payton has never liked just one running back. Even with Kamara there was Mark Ingram at New Orleans. Although even if McLaughlin can secure the Kamara role that would be great for him. The only league I owned Javonte Williams in I traded him this off-season so I have absolutely no shares of any of these guys so I hope it's a logistical nightmare and they keep all of them and all of them play.
They've all been pretty careful to avoid saying anything like 'he'll be Sean's new Kamara', but yes, easy conclusion to come to.

Sean signed McLaughlin, he drafted Estime, and signed Watson to a hefty UDFA bonus.
Williams is previous regime, and relatively expensive. Perine is expensive..it makes sense

And yes, he's certainly a Thunder and lightning type of RBBC, but in most cases, one, or both, end up a fantasy stud.

Now, he had a Drew Brees, so there's that. Now he has a Bo Nix or a Jarret Stidham (early reports are that Wilson might not last much longer). Dunno if it'll work nearly the same

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meanwhile yet another Chiefs player has legal issues...Isiah Buggs, dog abuse. His agent makes it seem much ado about nothing, but, geesh.
As soon as he got paid last year, he started being absent.

Really had assumed he’d make a nice step up in his career. Instead he started being a healthy scratch, because he didn’t always come to work.

Good luck Chiefs.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can poke holes in his assessments but if he's rarely wrong.... i mean... isnt that an edge we're all looking for?
well that's the thing, he's wrong all the time-
to this day he's still pissed that the Broncos took Bradley Chubb over Josh Allen (justifiably) but also pissed that they didn't take Josh Rosen, he wanted either one, didn't care which. In his mind, if you have a top 15 pick, you take a QB, no matter what your situation, no matter who that QB is, if you don't already have an ELITE QB already, you take one, every year. And he still subscribes to that theory, doesn't matter if it's Josh Rosen, or Zach WIlson, or Daniel Jones, or Mac Jones, just take him and figure it out later. Taking any other position regardless of need or talent or is wrong in his mind. Oh and BTW, if you don't take one in the top 15, don't even bother for the rest of the draft as you've simply pissed the pick away. If a QB isn't worth a top 15 pick, he's not worth a roster spot at all in his mind. may as well just have UDFA's holding the clipboards after pick 15. Which is just weird

He was dead wrong about Jerry Juedy (granted- who wasn't??), wrong about Russel Wilson, wrong about Vance Joseph and Vic Fangio, and Nathaniel Hackett (currently not a huge fan of Payton's but is more indifferent than anything, think he's learned that he's not a great judge of HC's), wrong about Albert Okwuegbunam, and probably many others I can't recall at the moment.

But for whatever reason, he's got this uncanny knack of identifying these lower round/undrafted RB's who take the league by storm- even if just for a short time. And he doesn't pick a guy every year, like, this is my guy to hit this year from this year class of forgotten RB's, no. He's very selective at who he identifies and endorses. Rawls, Lindsay, Robinson, and now McLaughlin, are the only guys I can recall he has endorsed in that way. And yes, he was high on Jaleel last year as well- which didn't exactly happen, although there were some tiny glimpses, so there's that.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaguars signed QB Trevor Lawrence to a five-year, $275 million contract extension.

Lawrence gets $200 million in guaranteed money with this deal, with $142 million guaranteed at signing. His $55 million AAV ties Joe Burrow for the highest of any player in the league. It’s a steep but not surprising price to pay for Lawrence, who was drafted No. 1 overall by the Jaguars in 2021. Lawrence has thrown for 11,770 yards, 58 touchdowns, and 39 interceptions in 50 career games and has led his team to a 17-16 record in two years under current head coach Doug Pederson. Lawrence will play under the terms of his rookie deal in 2024 and under a fifth-year option in 2025, meaning the base salary for his new deal won’t kick in until 2026.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaguars signed QB Trevor Lawrence to a five-year, $275 million contract extension.

Lawrence gets $200 million in guaranteed money with this deal, with $142 million guaranteed at signing. His $55 million AAV ties Joe Burrow for the highest of any player in the league. It’s a steep but not surprising price to pay for Lawrence, who was drafted No. 1 overall by the Jaguars in 2021. Lawrence has thrown for 11,770 yards, 58 touchdowns, and 39 interceptions in 50 career games and has led his team to a 17-16 record in two years under current head coach Doug Pederson. Lawrence will play under the terms of his rookie deal in 2024 and under a fifth-year option in 2025, meaning the base salary for his new deal won’t kick in until 2026.
Above average = highest paid.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they waited it could have been 70M a year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

58 TD in 50 games doesn't ring the highest paid bell for me.

Wow

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this an indicator of the Bears, Commanders and Vikings in 5 years - provided the QB are "above average?"

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like decent QBs who aren’t rookies will get 20% of the salary cap, elite ones will get 23%, and the truly great will accept 20%, win championships, and make money off recognition.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's see how that contract looks in five years. He might be the 20th highest paid by then.
I think you're right.

As for now, I'm wondering what happens with Dak, Tua and Jordan Love.

It's a great time to be an NFL QB!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right.

As for now, I'm wondering what happens with Dak, Tua and Jordan Love.

It's a great time to be an NFL QB!
For the longest time I assumed Stafford would retire the highest paid player ever. Still might. Just needs to play one year after ARodg retires.

But he’s not going to hold the title a whole lot longer than Aaron if he does.

Goff is gonna break $500 million if he gets another contract.

If any of these rookies really hit, one of em will make $75-80 million a year at some point.

They missed out on the golden age of rookie deals though.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard a stat this morning..top 4 teams in utilizing a 2 tight and 2 back set in 2023-
KC, BALT, GB, SF

Just as a reminder, the 4 teams in the conference title games? KC, BALT, GB, SF...
Bills to be next

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic’s Mike DeFabo says Russell Wilson “has clearly been the better quarterback” during the Steelers’ offseason.
DeFabo added that there doesn’t be much of a competition at quarterback at this time, noting that Wilson “has taken the overwhelming majority of meaningful reps, including on the final day of minicamp, when almost every veteran took off.” He also said Fields “doesn’t often shine in seven-on-seven situations,” which isn’t a great endorsement for him with training camp a month away. Both Wilson and Fields are in career-rebuilding mode after flaming out at their previous stops. Neither is going particularly high in fantasy drafts, with Wilson currently going outside of the top 24 in most best ball drafts. Fields’ rushing ability makes him a potentially high-upside fantasy stash whenever he gets a chance to start, but it sounds like Wilson has a good grip on the job heading into training camp.

That's really bad for Justin Fields. When your only competition for reps is being paid 50+ million over the next two years, by another team, to NOT play for them, and you can't get at least into a 50/50 split with him during the offseason..that's no bueno.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R. Stevenson signs 4 year extension, $9m per year on average. In this day and age, that's pretty big. Man am I glad I was right about him.
I'm not exactly sure what the hell he did last year to get him that kind of money, but then again New England has plenty of money to spare since the whole team sucks. I am avoiding that entire offense in fantasy. I'm just glad they didn't screw up Harrison's value by drafting him.