• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not unless forced to do so, no. Or like Bill Wirtz, death.. he has no kids (that are known). Then perhaps us Raiders fans will get that same lovely decade or so that the Broncos fans just went through, with no owner, and watch the franchise really slip into the abyss
Maybe Davis will do something Dan Snider like and then will be forced to sell?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Onc, tice, fee times a mady
Heard another song...

"You don't bring me anything but down
Everything just crashes to the ground."

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN’s Adam Schefter said the Dolphins “want to pay” Tua Tagovailoa, but at a “fair market value.”

well, I'm sorry Chris Grier and Stephen Ross, but that market is set, so either pay him or don't.

Personally, I think Trevor Lawrence screwed the Jags, but TBH, they screwed themselves, and now that they did, that market is set, it is what it is.

Tua has thrown more TD's, more yards, less INT's, has a higher QBR, and most importantly, has won more games than Trevor, and in a very comparable number of games played (50-53), and neither team has been all that great to say 'well he had more help getting there" both teams are middling at best. There's really zero ground to stand on and claim Tua doesn't deserve what Lawrence got (or more)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN’s Adam Schefter said the Dolphins “want to pay” Tua Tagovailoa, but at a “fair market value.”

well, I'm sorry Chris Grier and Stephen Ross, but that market is set, so either pay him or don't.

Personally, I think Trevor Lawrence screwed the Jags, but TBH, they screwed themselves, and now that they did, that market is set, it is what it is.

Tua has thrown more TD's, more yards, less INT's, has a higher QBR, and most importantly, has won more games than Trevor, and in a very comparable number of games played (50-53), and neither team has been all that great to say 'well he had more help getting there" both teams are middling at best. There's really zero ground to stand on and claim Tua doesn't deserve what Lawrence got (or more)
Heard on the radio this morning that they did make him an offer, but it was less than either Lawrence or Goff got.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The concussions

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

whether fair or not, Lawrence is seen to be a rising talent... even still despite not playing up to expectations yet in his career... but people still hype him up... which is entirely value... value is not based on stats it is based on perception...

So yes, Lawrence's value is way above Tua's... who people think Tua does not have much room to improve, and fear the concussions which can knock him out of football altogether...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic that the Dolphins coaching staff made the concussion problem so much worse, isn't it?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whether fair or not, Lawrence is seen to be a rising talent... even still despite not playing up to expectations yet in his career... but people still hype him up... which is entirely value... value is not based on stats it is based on perception...

So yes, Lawrence's value is way above Tua's... who people think Tua does not have much room to improve, and fear the concussions which can knock him out of football altogether...
I can't fathom a rational reason as to why two dudes from the same draft class, both first rounders, four years later with real world results to see and evaluate, would be 'valued' differently in terms of 'potential' or whatever word you'd like to use.
And regardless, NFL GM's, owners and coaches, don't hand out second contracts on perceived value or potential, it's on results. Doesn't matter that Joe Blow fantasy owner, or a random fan, or a dipshit sportscaster, 'values' Trevor over Tua based on what might be or not.

So that reasoning is just simply beyond the pale

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't fathom a rational reason as to why two dudes from the same draft class, both first rounders, four years later with real world results to see and evaluate, would be 'valued' differently in terms of 'potential' or whatever word you'd like to use.
And regardless, NFL GM's, owners and coaches, don't hand out second contracts on perceived value or potential, it's on results. Doesn't matter that Joe Blow fantasy owner, or a random fan, or a dipshit sportscaster, 'values' Trevor over Tua based on what might be or not.

So that reasoning is just simply beyond the pale

you dont think Lawrence being a "generational" prospect has any affect to his perceived current value?? it would be one thing if he was a total bust, like some other first picks... but he hasnt done enough negative for his value to be THIS IS WHAT HE IS....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you dont think Lawrence being a "generational" prospect has any affect to his perceived current value?? it would be one thing if he was a total bust, like some other first picks... but he hasnt done enough negative for anyone to think THIS IS WHAT HE IS....
he's had 3+ years to prove that he isn't, and that's exactly what he did, prove that he isn't 'generational'. Good enough to be an NFL starter, nothing special. That is what he put on the field. And that's what JAX paid for, thus- that is now the market for that level of a QB. Unfortunately