• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats shmats.
These ridiculous QB contracts are because of FEAR.

Fear they get stuck with a worse QB.
BIngo, bullseye.

Avoiding the prospect of re-entering the QB carousel is apparently worth more than paying a mediocre QB more than they're worth. So unless Miami wants to try winning the powerball, they might as well pay Tua.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why the eff am I arguing the 'pro Tua' side? I'm no fan of the guy.

But I mean, that IS the reality of the situation. every new contract sets the bar for others in similar situations. Just is what it is.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the vikings for the fully guaranteed deals with Cousins
The Redskins failing to keep Cousins was the real problem. They could have given him a market-adjusted long term deal any time in the 3 years before he left and every time they chose to be idiots instead.

The Vikings jumped on the opportunity to grab a QB that never should have been available in the first place.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins failing to keep Cousins was the real problem. They could have given him a market-adjusted long term deal any time in the 3 years before he left and every time they chose to be idiots instead.

The Vikings jumped on the opportunity to grab a QB that never should have been available in the first place.

The multiple franchise tag deals really bit them on the ass at the negotiation table, I'm assuming

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, gotta ask the question in this kinda conversation.

What about Dak?

I honestly think he loves it in Dallas, but will have no problem cashing in next season. Jerrah is pissing people off left and right these days.

Dak to the Giants in 2025? Man, you can't ask for better drama. :nod: :nod: :nod:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first QB to have a cap hit more than 20% of the salary cap was, oddly, Garoppolo in 2018 ($37M/$177M). And the only ones to do it since are Watson and Dak this year ($64M and $55M/$255M).

Watson's is a whopping 25%.

Other guys have ballooning cap hits coming - Mahomes and Josh Allen - but we'll see if they restructure. Somehow cap hits rarely match AAV.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is arguable to some, but imo Cousins was more deserving than Watson.
well the thing that sucks there is, after the 2020 seaosn, where Watson led the league in passing, 30+ TD's, less than 10 INT's, coming off leading his team to back to back Division titles in '18 and '19.- Watson DID deserve it. And I'd say he deserved it more than Cousins ever has. At the time, he DID have the resume to support a massive deal.

That is, until all the off the field crap came out. But friggin Cleveland man- they traded for him and gave him that contract AFTER all the crap came out, after he was suspended, and he's sucked ever since

I have no issues with the deal Cousins signed with ATL. Does anyone deserve to paid that much, maybe not, but since that's where we are, that's the market conditions, Cousins is one who deserves to get what he got.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about Dak?

I honestly think he loves it in Dallas, but will have no problem cashing in next season. Jerrah is pissing people off left and right these days.

Dak to the Giants in 2025? Man, you can't ask for better drama. :nod: :nod: :nod:
every day that goes by without an extesnion for Dak jsut boggles my mind, and makes me more and more fearful of a Trey Lance '25.

If Dak hits the market next year, without there being 4, 5, 6 first round QB's projected to be around...geesh. That contract will make people puke, regardless of what team he ends up on.

But yes, the Gmen, would just be ridiculous drama

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's had 3+ years to prove that he isn't, and that's exactly what he did, prove that he isn't 'generational'. Good enough to be an NFL starter, nothing special. That is what he put on the field. And that's what JAX paid for, thus- that is now the market for that level of a QB. Unfortunately

And why the eff am I arguing the 'pro Tua' side? I'm no fan of the guy.

But I mean, that IS the reality of the situation. every new contract sets the bar for others in similar situations. Just is what it is.

I think if you let Lawrence throw the ball to Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle he takes them farther than Tua. That's why he got the contract. As a Dolphins fan I've never been in on Tua. I thought they should have drafted Herbert instead of him. Tua has done nothing to prove me wrong. He is only good because his receivers are good and Mike McDaniel is a really good play caller.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you let Lawrence throw the ball to Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle he takes them farther than Tua. That's why he got the contract. As a Dolphins fan I've never been in on Tua. I thought they should have drafted Herbert instead of him. Tua has done nothing to prove me wrong. He is only good because his receivers are good and Mike McDaniel is a really good play caller.
Yeah, I agree, but you can also say the same thing about Goff.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every day that goes by without an extesnion for Dak jsut boggles my mind, and makes me more and more fearful of a Trey Lance '25.

If Dak hits the market next year, without there being 4, 5, 6 first round QB's projected to be around...geesh. That contract will make people puke, regardless of what team he ends up on.

But yes, the Gmen, would just be ridiculous drama
Also, I believe Dak has a little over 20 mil in guaranteed money left on his contract after this season.

Dude could actually take a vacation if he wanted to. Cowboys are in a bad situation with Lamb and Parsons also wanting to get paid.

I agree, I thought the whole Trey Lance thing was laughable, but... :what: :what: :what:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh I can't argue much, like I said, I'm no fan of Tua's.
But it isn't like Lawrence has been completely devoid of talent surrounding him either though. Ridley, Kirk, Engram, Etienne, Zay Jones, Starvin Marvin..Are any of them Reek? no, but they're all solid NFL talent or better.
Granted, his rookie year was absolute crap around him, especially once Etienne went down-no argument there. It was Starvin Marvin, an UDFA RB, and CRAP (CRAP includes Urban Myer)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about Dak?

Titans baby, as much as I want Levis to succeed would much rather have Dak

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since everyone here seems to be predicting a Caleb Williams epic collapse... Dak to the Bears. I'd take him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen them both torch KC but I like Tee a lot more than Davis. The problem is that Davis is $13 mil a year and Tee is probably $22-25 mil a year. Is Tee worth more than Trey Hendrickson? I personally dont think so. The reason you have a guy like Joe Burrow is so you can win Super Bowls with average WRs half the time.
100% I think theyre totally different guys. Tee has a route tree. Hes really damn good

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the Vikings got a grand total of one more playoff win than the Skins since.