• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem though. If Stafford is worth a starting quarterback, two 1sts and a 3rd, Watson must be worth like 4 1sts and 4 2nds and I don't know who is going to pay that price. And you know the Texans are going to be very picky about what they take especially after the complete hammering they took after the Hopkins trade last year.
Jets have the capitol, not sure it would be a good idea to use it, but they got the ammo.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem though. If Stafford is worth a starting quarterback, two 1sts and a 3rd, Watson must be worth like 4 1sts and 4 2nds and I don't know who is going to pay that price. And you know the Texans are going to be very picky about what they take especially after the complete hammering they took after the Hopkins trade last year.
All the talking heads in Denver say 3 #1's is the starting point, or the "ante" to even step up to the table

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll trade him if you guys pay that price

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow

Rams acquired QB Matthew Stafford from the Lions in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick, a 2022 first-round pick, a 2023 first-round pick, and QB Jared Goff.​

First-round picks remain purely theoretical in Sean McVay's Los Angeles. One of the biggest NFL trades in years is also one of the most complex. Stafford's cap number and dead money is one thing. Goff's is an entirely different dimension. McVay could no longer hide his disdain for Goff and his inability to generate instant offense, and he gets a quarterback in Stafford who has never hesitated to go big-play hunting. He has also gotten more efficient and less turnover prone over as he's aged, though his nearly decade-long iron man streak was interrupted in 2019 by a broken back before he played through a number of issues in 2020. Stafford has always seemed capable of something more. Now we will finally get to find out as he teams up with one of the brightest offensive minds in the league. A 2020 fantasy disappointment, Stafford inherits an intriguing Rams skill corps led by YAC monsters Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that means much in Watson's case.
He has a no-trade clause that he must approve.
Also heard rumors that he will threaten to sit-out if he isn't dealt.
So sure, he says he wants out of Texas, but since he has the leverage, the Texans may be forced to ship him off to where he wants to go to.
To me, that may mean that the Texans will have to discount the asking price to the best offer.

And if that means rejecting the first bids and riding out the free agency period, so be it.
Usually when those kind of dig-your-heels-in stances take place, the team that lands him gets a steal of a deal.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that means much in Watson's case.
He has a no-trade clause that he must approve.
Also heard rumors that he will threaten to sit-out if he isn't dealt.
So sure, he says he wants out of Texas, but since he has the leverage, the Texans may be forced to ship him off to where he wants to go to.
To me, that may mean that the Texans will have to discount the asking price to the best offer.

And if that means rejecting the first bids and riding out the free agency period, so be it.
Usually when those kind of dig-your-heels-in stances take place, the team that lands him gets a steal of a deal.
Watson is easily the Texans most valuable player and crucial to the team. Fans have been trying to hold rally's to convince him to stay and demanding the Texans don't trade him. So going to be a PR nightmare if they trade him. Would have to be a package that they could say made the team better. Probably waiting until after June 1st to consider it otherwise the dead money (21 ,600,000) and cap hit (-5.6 million) is to severe. I don't see them offering anyone a discount for him because trading Watson has a lot of negative consequences for the team. Not a lot of teams could afford what it would cost IMO. Jets and Dolphins would be the teams that could put a package together for him. Likely Watson remains in Houston IMO.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson is easily the Texans most valuable player and crucial to the team. Fans have been trying to hold rally's to convince him to stay and demanding the Texans don't trade him. So going to be a PR nightmare if they trade him. Would have to be a package that they could say made the team better. Probably waiting until after June 1st to consider it otherwise the dead money (21 ,600,000) and cap hit (-5.6 million) is to severe. I don't see them offering anyone a discount for him because trading Watson has a lot of negative consequences for the team. Not a lot of teams could afford what it would cost IMO. Jets and Dolphins would be the teams that could put a package together for him. Likely Watson remains in Houston IMO.
Dominos have already started to fall with Stafford. If the Texans wait until June 1 to move Watson, my guess is most of the teams in desperate need of a QB will have dwindled by then since its only days before the first camp opens. I just cant see teams waiting that long (or that close to camp) to acquire the most important piece of their offense.

The long-winded point in my scenario is waiting hurts where he goes as well as the asking price.

Just speculating. Fun to do this time of year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominos have already started to fall with Stafford. If the Texans wait until June 1 to move Watson, my guess is most of the teams in desperate need of a QB will have dwindled by then since its only days before the first camp opens. I just cant see teams waiting that long (or that close to camp) to acquire the most important piece of their offense.

The long-winded point in my scenario is waiting hurts where he goes as well as the asking price.

Maybe make deal early but don’t finalize it until after June 1 for cap reasons.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard an interesting opinion on our local sports talk radio about the Bears QB situation and GM Ryan Pace.

In the search for the next Bears' starting QB, it was mentioned that Ryan Pace has a tendency to over-compensate for past mistakes.
Consider:
  • He needed a QB post Jay Cutler, so he over-compensated, traded just to move up 1 spot to draft Mitch Trubisky.
  • He needed a TE since Adam Shaheen did not work out, so he over-paid for veteran Jimmy Graham.
  • He needed a LB since Leonard Floyd did not quite live up to his 9th overall draft pick, so he over-paid for Robert Quinn.
So here we are - the Bears needing another QB.
It's very possible that Pace mortgages the future by over-compensating.
As a fan, I just hope it's for the likes of Watson or Dak.
Though I doubt that he aims that high (or that either of them want to come to Chicago).

Seems that Pace does have history of shooting for the stars.
Maybe he over-pays for Jameis Winston? That would fall in line with his over-pay choices too.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard an interesting opinion on our local sports talk radio about the Bears QB situation and GM Ryan Pace.

In the search for the next Bears' starting QB, it was mentioned that Ryan Pace has a tendency to over-compensate for past mistakes.
Consider:
  • He needed a QB post Jay Cutler, so he over-compensated, traded just to move up 1 spot to draft Mitch Trubisky.
  • He needed a TE since Adam Shaheen did not work out, so he over-paid for veteran Jimmy Graham.
  • He needed a LB since Leonard Floyd did not quite live up to his 9th overall draft pick, so he over-paid for Robert Quinn.
So here we are - the Bears needing another QB.
It's very possible that Pace mortgages the future by over-compensating.
As a fan, I just hope it's for the likes of Watson or Dak.
Though I doubt that he aims that high (or that either of them want to come to Chicago).

Seems that Pace does have history of shooting for the stars.
Maybe he over-pays for Jameis Winston? That would fall in line with his over-pay choices too.
I did hear they were kicking the tires on him

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree waiting too long hurts Houston.

Now with rumors of the asking price:
2 1st’s, 2 2nd’s and 2 defensive starters, that isn’t too crazy especially right now, the longer you wait the worse the offers will get. Take a couple next couple months and field offers.
Getting 4-5 1st’s/2nd’s and a player or two on a rookie deal is not bad especially if you get that #2 or #3 pick this year.

I just think it would be dumb to wait till after the draft, then it gets real dicey closer to the season and mid-season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree waiting too long hurts Houston.

Now with rumors of the asking price:
2 1st’s, 2 2nd’s and 2 defensive starters, that isn’t too crazy especially right now, the longer you wait the worse the offers will get. Take a couple next couple months and field offers.
Getting 4-5 1st’s/2nd’s and a player or two on a rookie deal is not bad especially if you get that #2 or #3 pick this year.

I just think it would be dumb to wait till after the draft, then it gets real dicey closer to the season and mid-season.
I think it's a catch 22 for the Texans. Trading predraft is ideal for getting the pieces you want, but the financial hit to do a trade pre June is a doozy.

Pre June trade:

1612224926182.png

So 21 million in dead money and a 5.6 million cap hit. That's a lot of money.

Post June trade:

1612225082903.png

So only 5.4 million ( vs 21 million in dead money) and they get 10.4 ( vs minus 5.6) in cap relief. So nearly 16 million difference in the cap effect and that's huge. I don't think we see a trade happen TBH because it's a lose lose proposition for the Texans it appears. Better to sit tight and ride out a hold out by Watson. They only won 4 games with him and the outlook is bleak for wins with or without him, difference being they use Watson hold out as a excuse for loses. Less overhead, better draft position makes more sense then doing a trade which either hits your wallet or the return for Watson . In the meantime they can continue looking for a offer for Watson that makes sense, maybe next off season.

Attachments

• 1612225041052.png
    1612225041052.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 0

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 264455

I thought the old man with the noodle arm couldn't make the throws any more and Evans was gonna suck this year.....:kermit:
Mike Evans did post career low, or near career low numbers across the board, except TD's, and was far from the "elite" Mike Evans he was

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Evans did post career low, or near career low numbers across the board, except TD's, and was far from the "elite" Mike Evans he was

I'd say we knew Brady would spread it out more than Winston coming into the season, expecting yards to go down and TDs to go up.

Evans still finished 11th in total pts and 14th in ppg (better than Godwin in ppg too) for WRs in fantasy.
His ceiling is lower with Brady, but low end WR1/high end WR2 is one hell of a floor after finishing as one of the top WRs the previous year with a different QB.

Excited to see what Brady/Evans connection does next year, especially if Godwin leaves in free agency

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say we knew Brady would spread it out more than Winston coming into the season, expecting yards to go down and TDs to go up.

Evans still finished 11th in total pts and 14th in ppg (better than Godwin in ppg too) for WRs in fantasy.
His ceiling is lower with Brady, but low end WR1/high end WR2 is one hell of a floor after finishing as one of the top WRs the previous year with a different QB.

Excited to see what Brady/Evans connection does next year, especially if Godwin leaves in free agency

Might depend on scoring systems, but, in D2 (ppr) for instance, Godwin 15.8 ppg, Evans 15.5, old school (1/2 ppr) Evans 13.6, Godwin 13.7, , Bandits, (1/2 ppr w/ big play bonus) Evans 13.4, Godwin 13.2, , D1 (std), Evans 11.2, Godwin 10.5.

Minimal differences, and depending on how it's setup, Godwin was better, or worse than Evans.

Regardless, they both got effed in the A, consistency-wise, by Bradys hard on for AB.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might depend on scoring systems, but, in D2 (ppr) for instance, Godwin 15.8 ppg, Evans 15.5, old school (1/2 ppr) Evans 13.6, Godwin 13.7, , Bandits, (1/2 ppr w/ big play bonus) Evans 13.4, Godwin 13.2, , D1 (std), Evans 11.2, Godwin 10.5.

Minimal differences, and depending on how it's setup, Godwin was better, or worse than Evans.

Regardless, they both got effed in the A, consistency-wise, by Bradys hard on for AB.

take out week 17, since most fantasy leagues are finished at wk16

PPR: Evans 16.1 (WR12 overall) / Godwin 14.6
half PPR: Evans 13.8 (WR9 overall) / Godwin 11.9
Std: Evans 11.6 (WR7 overall) / Godwin 9.2

and he does stuff like this to show he wants to keep winning

1612810498926.png