• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to repeat too.
If Chubb was 47 yards away...
Just saying.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to repeat too.
If Chubb was 47 yards away...
Just saying.

Yeah even if carries drop is it far-fetched seeing him average 5.5-6 a pop...I don't think so. With 250-270 carries he could reach 1500.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it is kind of unrealistic.

RB's that averaged 5.5 or higher in a season (200+ carries)

Jim Brown 6.4
Jamal Charles 6.4
Barry Sanders 6.1
O.J. Simpson 6.0
Adrian Peterson 6.0
C.J. Spiller 6.0
Jim Brown 5.9
Jim Brown 5.8
Barry Sanders 5.7
Chris Johnson 5.6
Adrian Peterson 5.6
Eric Dickerson 5.6
James Brooks 5.6
Walter Payton 5.5
O.J. Simpson 5.5
Clinton Portis 5.5 2x
DeAngelo Williams 5.5
Marshall Faulk 5.5
Robert Smith 5.5
Leroy Kelly 5.5

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, lendale White...ouch baby.

nfl_g_white01_200.jpg

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but in Stefanski's system we could see even more rush attempts. Hunt will get his carries no doubt but I think 2 RB/2 TE's will be used a lot...Hunt also in the slot. I don't think this should really hurt Chubb too much. I think what helps Chubb is his threat to go 70 on any given play like Saquon. If I was a Saquon owner with a good pass-catching backup I wouldn't feel threatened. Now, if this doesn't affect his production, will it affect it enough to lose the rushing title? Possibly but who really knows with Hunt anyway...can we even trust he won't mess up again. It's been proven you can win the title with around 270 carries which would be 17/game BUT on a low year...I think if the top RB's stay healthy it might take 1600-1700 to win it..maybe higher. It difficult seeing him get over 300 imo.

I'm interested to know what RB's have won the rushing title having a very good backup as well. Chris Johnson? He had LenDale White..but I feel if your Rb1 is producing at an extremely high level you keep feeding especially with this Stefanski system.
The only duo I can come up with, from, at least as far back as the 80's, is 06' & 07' LT, whose backup was Michael the Burner Turner, who went onto a pretty good careerof his own in ATL, nearly winning the rushing title in '08. But in the 2 years LT won the title, Turner had 80 & 71carries respectively. Its not like they shared touches in any meaningful way.

Interesting that Chubb is going for it, with a backfield mate, who has already won it..and is still in his prime though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only duo I can come up with, from, at least as far back as the 80's, is 06' & 07' LT, whose backup was Michael the Burner Turner, who went onto a pretty good careerof his own in ATL, nearly winning the rushing title in '08. But in the 2 years LT won the title, Turner had 80 & 71carries respectively. Its not like they shared touches in any meaningful way.

Interesting that Chubb is going for it, with a backfield mate, who has already won it..and is still in his prime though.

I just think when you have a stud you make an effort to get him 275+ carries at least...Hunt is a great player and should double his carries which would be around 80 or so but Chubb at the worst will get an average of 15 carries a week but probably more.

So last year he had 15 carries+ in 15 games (13 in the last game). I don't think that is going to change and he got more than 20 in only 3 games so the carries were steady. BUT that was with Kitchens and Hunt out half the year so...I just think there is more opportunity for both of these RB's in Stefanski's system. Hunt as a receiver mainly with about 1/4 of the carries.

I think it could be split up like this:
Chubb 280 or more
Hunt 70-80

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think when you have a stud you make an effort to get him 275+ carries at least..
Therein lies the key. Is Hunt also a stud, deserving of those carries/touches? Theres certainly an argument to be made for sure. My personal opinion, is the Chubb SHOULD get the lions share, as I truly feel he is easily the better overall running back. But even with that opinion of Chubb, I think a coach would be a fool to not fully utilize as many weapons, as often as possible. To me, that breakdown has gotta be no worse than 3-1, which would be about 250 for Chubb and 80-90 for Hunt..and even that seems like neglecting an asset. Maybe even closer to 2 to 1. Which would mean they'd likely need to be running the ball around 30 times a game, not counting QB runs/scrambles, to get Chubb the roughly 20 per game he'd need to realistically compete with the Zeke's and D. Henry's of the league. Not out of the realm of possibility, but rare in today's game.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested to know what RB's have won the rushing title having a very good backup as well. Chris Johnson? He had LenDale White..but I feel if your Rb1 is producing at an extremely high level you keep feeding especially with this Stefanski system.

This interested me.
I just did a quick search on RB that had 1000 yards from scrimmage. (Not rushing title RB.)
Then I sorted by season and then by team (to get the dual threats from the same team).
I only went back to the 2000 season.
There were only 16 sets of RB who both had 1000 yards from scrimmage in the same season.
To put that in perspective, if this happened on every team in every season since 2000, there would be 608 pairs.
If my math correct, the 16 pairs represent .03% of the time or less than 1%. So it's rare.

If you're interested, these are the sets:

upload_2020-8-13_22-34-56.png

Also interesting since LenDale White and Chris Johnson were mentioned...
One of them did really well, but the other did not in alternating seasons.
White only lasted 4 seasons. Three really.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Therein lies the key. Is Hunt also a stud, deserving of those carries/touches? Theres certainly an argument to be made for sure. My personal opinion, is the Chubb SHOULD get the lions share, as I truly feel he is easily the better overall running back. But even with that opinion of Chubb, I think a coach would be a fool to not fully utilize as many weapons, as often as possible. To me, that breakdown has gotta be no worse than 3-1, which would be about 250 for Chubb and 80-90 for Hunt..and even that seems like neglecting an asset. Maybe even closer to 2 to 1. Which would mean they'd likely need to be running the ball around 30 times a game, not counting QB runs/scrambles, to get Chubb the roughly 20 per game he'd need to realistically compete with the Zeke's and D. Henry's of the league. Not out of the realm of possibility, but rare in today's game.

But it wouldn't be neglecting him if he was used in the passing game more often. I mean they have a lot of weapons to feed so someone will be neglected but I think he can see a lot of targets out of the backfield or slot. Of course, Hunt has proved in the past to be great running the ball as well so yeah..it's hard to say at this point especially with a new coach and system.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This interested me.
I just did a quick search on RB that had 1000 yards from scrimmage. (Not rushing title RB.)
Then I sorted by season and then by team (to get the dual threats from the same team).
I only went back to the 2000 season.
There were only 16 sets of RB who both had 1000 yards from scrimmage in the same season.
To put that in perspective, if this happened on every team in every season since 2000, there would be 608 pairs.
If my math correct, the 16 pairs represent .03% of the time or less than 1%. So it's rare.

If you're interested, these are the sets:

View attachment 250627

Also interesting since LenDale White and Chris Johnson were mentioned...
One of them did really well, but the other did not in alternating seasons.
White only lasted 4 seasons. Three really.

Love this, this definitely puts it more into perspective and I see this is yards from scrimmage. I think that is a possiblity for Hunt if he is a big threat in the receiving game. He has the talent.

I'm surprised it's this many duos tbh.

So last year Chubb had 1,772 and in 8 games Hunt had 464. I don't see it anywhere close to that lopsided obviously.

We could see split maybe like KC '10 Charles-Jones or HOU '11 Foster-Tate.

Chubb - 1,600 rushing 300 receiving
Hunt - 500 rushing, 600 receiving

It would be difficult seeing Chubb winning the rushing title with 1,600 but who knows.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how many wins do you have the browns pegged for this season?

game script typically is the biggest factor in the team's RB2 getting significant work

both went 10-6

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many wins do you have the browns pegged for this season?

game script typically is the biggest factor in the team's RB2 getting significant work

both went 10-6

Uhh after last season and changes it's hard to anticipate. I like to aim low lol.

@ BAL
CIN
WASH
@ DAL
INDY
@ PIT
@ CIN
LV
HOU
PHI
@ JAX
TEN
BAL
@ NYG
@ NYJ
PIT

Looking at the schedule...8 or 9 wins. I swear last year they had so many games thrown away either by turnovers or just terrible coaching. I think 8 or 9 is fair. Yeah I would be thrilled with 10 wins...

So 2010 Chiefs were 14th offensively and 11th defensively and lost in WC round
2011 Texans were 10th offensively and 4th defensively and won a WC, lost in Div.

Both had solid QB play with Cassel and Schaub, veterans. I think a step below them is fair but you would think with this talent it could equate to more. I'll stay low at 8 wins

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this, this definitely puts it more into perspective and I see this is yards from scrimmage. I think that is a possiblity for Hunt if he is a big threat in the receiving game. He has the talent.
Glad you like it.
But some may be hesitant to follow an optimistic view for a few reasons.
  1. Cleveland does have a somewhat cursed track record. (My Bears are neck & neck so I feel your pain.)
  2. Duos are not that common.
  3. Many agree that this is a passing league so dual RB success would not be the norm.
  4. Plus, RB just dont get 20+ touches per game like they used to.
  5. Cleveland does have a lot of weapons with OBJ and Nojuko in addition to Chubb and Hunt. Even very good prolific offenses with those type of options can bite fantasy owners for a lack of consistency. Just look at KC, NE and NO where Kelce, Thomas and maybe Edelman are the focal point while everyone else gets sloppy seconds.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you like it.
  1. Cleveland does have a somewhat cursed track record. (My Bears are neck & neck so I feel your pain.)
  3. Many agree that this is a passing league so dual RB success would not be the norm.
  5. Cleveland does have a lot of weapons with OBJ and Nojuko in addition to Chubb and Hunt. Even very good prolific offenses with those type of options can bite fantasy owners for a lack of consistency. Just look at KC, NE and NO where Kelce, Thomas and maybe Edelman are the focal point while everyone else gets sloppy seconds.

Yeah that's why I believe Chubb can be a definite constant on this team.

OBJ - he was injured but still...he wasn't on the same page as Baker
Hooper - new addition, don't know what to expect
Landry - he's been with Baker two years, if there is another constant he's it...but he isn't going to put up WR1 numbers.

Finally, Hunt - we have to assume he needs to part of this offense bc he is just too talented but like you said. Someone gets sloppy seconds and in most cases it's more than just one guy.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Landry disrespect is getting out of control!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm surprised it's this many duos tbh.

So last year Chubb had 1,772 and in 8 games Hunt had 464. I don't see it anywhere close to that lopsided obviously.

Chubb - 1,600 rushing 300 receiving
Hunt - 500 rushing, 600 receiving

It would be difficult seeing Chubb winning the rushing title with 1,600 but who knows.
But Jones /Charles were a nearly 1/1 split in carries, with Charles getting about 2 catches per game more than Jones.

And Foster Tate in '11..gotta rember that Foster missed three games, week 1, week 3 and week 17, roughly a third of Tate's carries came in those three games, plus adding in that Foster only played a quarter of week 2 before aggravating his injury..its even more of a lopsided share when both were active for the full game. And then theres the Shanny/Kubiak running game they were operating in. I dunno what Stefanski likes to run, but outside of the Shanny/Kubiak family, no one has been able to recreate those kinda of results.

Good news though- 1650 yards would have won the rushing title 8 of the past ten years (I added 50 yards so I could sneak past a few 1616, 1606, and 1631 yard seasons)

I dunno what to expect win loss wise from the Browns. I was certainly expecting more last year, before Kitchens fucked the dog. But, theres no guarantee that Stefanski is gonna fully 180 the team. Rookie head coach, could be great, could be just as bad. So I have a real hard time going into the season expecting enough wins to allow a heavy run game. I do hope for the best for Chubb though, and I own exactly ZERO shares of him, or Hunt, for that matter in all leagues.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad you like it.
Not mention Joe went to Njoku, not Hooper. My poor boy Njoku is gonna be an after thought more often than not

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not mention Joe went to Njoku, not Hooper. My poor boy Njoku is gonna be an after thought more often than not
Sorry. Texting off the cuff while at work. Hooper & Landry just add to my argument.
Too many weapons in real football = good!
Too many in fantasy football = angst and inconsistency.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's Baker's #1 as of right now. They are in sync. He was targeting more in 18 without OBJ (149) but still had 138 targets last year and MORE receptions and 200 more yards. If OBJ-Baker get on the same page...then we could see a drop off but expecting the targets to drop off much bc of the fact, that is Baker's go-to and has been for two years.