• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions QB Matthew Stafford has been placed on the team's COVID-19 list.
He's the first starting quarterback to land on the COVID-19 list, which is designated for players who test positive for the virus or have been in contact with someone who has the virus. Stafford's inclusion on the list is all the more concerning since his wife, Kelly, has struggled through health issues, having surgery last year to remove a brain tumor.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he deadline for NFL teams to promote practice squad players to the game day roster has been extended to 90 minutes before kickoff.
Teams usually have until 4 p.m. the day before a game to move a practice squad player onto the roster, but with the potential for players testing positive for COVID-19 the night before or the day of a game, the league and NFLPA decided to extend the window for practice squad activations. The change will create total chaos for fantasy managers as teams scramble to make last second moves when players test positive for the virus in the hours before kickoff. Anyone who can't monitor their starting lineup and waiver wire options on Sunday mornings will be at a massive disadvantage in 2020.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t see it as a win, it’s like the minkah deal. I’ll be honest I was totally against that and I was wrong. But how did the dolphins win there...

Yeah I don't see it as a win either. What's the point in drafting well if you just get rid of the stars you draft? Like I said though, did they have a choice or were they refusing to pay him big money. If it's the later than it's their own fault they have to rebuild so often...the strategy does not make sense.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't see it as a win either. What's the point in drafting well if you just get rid of the stars you draft? Like I said though, did they have a choice or were they refusing to pay him big money. If it's the later than it's their own fault they have to rebuild so often...the strategy does not make sense.
Exactly my thoughts

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor
Swift

giphy.gif

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly my thoughts

pretty sure you guys are beating around the bush on why Adams was so pissed and demanding a trade.

1) Jets were bad, so they had a primo draft pick, and Adams was a highly touted saftey prospect so they made him a high end draft pick. Jets literally already bet on him being great and deserving a top contract for his position when his day was due.
2) that means the Jets know exactly how long to plan Adams' salary cap hit around the time of him being re-signed, if you know when he'll be up, and have a rough idea of what a top safety will be making in 4-5yrs.
3) when he started working to sign an extension, there apparently wasn't money available....how does this happen? If it wasn't the availability, then it was "fit for direction we're heading", in that case, then the Jets did really well in getting what they got, as he'd just walk for free the following offseason. But still begs the question, if you're rebuilding, isn't a young stud the exact type of player you want to rebuild around???

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably have nothing to add to the Adams trade.
But I do have a general theory.
Most teams will not admit it, yet my view is that the Patriots have won more than just Super Bowls and Division titles. (And I am not a Patriots fan by any stretch.) They have shown the rest of the NFL that you don't necessarily have to assemble the most talented players. But if you DO assemble a group of players who all buy in, who all work together, who are unselfish... you win games.
So my opinion is that if an individual player shows signs of being a "me first" guy... a "team is not in my vocabulary" type by his actions, tweets or interviews... said player will almost always be jettisoned because he contradicts the team ideal.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They (WSH) just cut him. (Guice)

So is he done? I have him in my other dynasty league? Pick up DeVonta Freeman?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They (WSH) just cut him. (Guice)

So is he done? I have him in my other dynasty league? Pick up DeVonta Freeman?
Or trade for Royce Freeman. So glad I was able to trade Guice earlier this off season in the one league I had him. Maybe AP will squeeze out another year. Hope so, own him in like 3 leagues.:nod:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington RB Derrius Guice faces one count of strangulation, which is a felony, 3 counts of assault and battery and one count of destruction of property, per Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office. He turned himself in to authorities this afternoon.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah, I have him pegged to match his ENTIRE college career touch total in his rookie year.

Gibson gonna eat!

77 doesn't seem unreasonable for a rookie, but people need to slow the hype train on him a bit he was playing in the American conference against extremely weak competition. Memphis's o-line plus the shit defenses they were facing deserve most of the credit for making Gibson and Darrell Hendersons/Pollard(in 2018) yards per touch look godlike.