• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funchess in GB. that might work. Big body, enormous catch radius, should work well the Rodgers ad libbing. Maybe now they font HAVE to go WR in the 1st, and can get the best of what's left later.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres Riddick, Chris Thompson and Dion Lewis all hanging around
Brady can make any of them a 90 catch guy.

Of course none of them can stay healthy...

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton to LAC possibly

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the local yocal dudes were once again discussing the Broncos backfield.. Most are convinced this will be much more of a Derrick Henry/Dion Lewis type time share than it will be a D. Freeman/T. Coleman one. They say, the in the coaching career of new OC Pat Shurmur, every year where he has had control of the offense, he's had a singular back reach top 7 in touches. Kind of impressive and telling.
So I figured, I got the time, when was that, who was that, and just how productive were those top seven rankings?

In my mind, control of an offense is either OC or HC
So

RAMS OC '09 - Steven Jackson : 324 rushes, 1400+ yds, 4tds, 50 catches, 300+ yds

Rams OC '10 - SJAX 330 attempts, 1300+ yds, 6 TDs, 40 catches 380yds.

Head coach Cleveland '11 - Well Peyton Hillis certainly wasnt top 7..oops

HC Clevand '12 - TRich - 267 carries, 950 yds, 11 TDs, 3.4 ypc, 70 targets, 51 catches, 367 yds, 1 TD. yes, that's more like it.

Eagles OC '13 - Shady - 314 carries, 1600+, 9 TDs, 50+ catches, 500+, and another 3 TD's
Eagles OC '14 - Shady - 312, 1300+, 5 TDs, 20 catches 150 50yds

Eagles OC '15 - DeMarco Murray..he was not top 7, but he did basically double Ryan Mathews touches
Vikings OC '17 - this was the year Cook played 4 games. Lat. Murray was not top 7, not even close, he had 231 touches to McKinnons 201

HC Giants in 18 & 19- I think we all remember what Saquon did.

So my radio dudes are somewhat dropping the ball here. Shurmer has not ALWAYS had a back in the top 7 in touches...but, outside of year onee in Cleveland, the year Chip Kelly sent Shady packing in Philly, and the year in Minnesota where Cook got hurt, which is the ONLY blemish in a true lead back usage, he does give the RB the ball plenty, and he certainly does favor one back much more than the other, basically at least twice as much.

Could be disaster for Lindsay
This is what @FaCe-LeE-uS and I were trying to say last year with Conner and tomlin. But everyone kept telling us samuels was legit......... granted Conner got hurt. But that's been The M.O. look when Benny Snell got healthy......coaches have patterns that they stick too. I'm on board if that's been schurmers go of it as wel. They gave melvin some money! Do you believe that it's gonna be more
Melvin??

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda shocked when i saw this. Under 200 yards passing that often? never cracked 270..........

""Last season, Allen was consistent but rarely special. While he managed seven top-12 performances, over half of those finishes were as the QB10; Allen only ranked as a top-five quarterback once. Most of Allen’s top-12 performances were due to his rushing ability, as he managed under 200 passing yards in 38 percent of his outings and never surpassed 270 passing yards. His 20 passing touchdowns ranked 21st among quarterbacks and tied for last among passers who played a full regular season. ""

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what @FaCe-LeE-uS and I were trying to say last year with Conner and tomlin. But everyone kept telling us samuels was legit......... granted Conner got hurt. But that's been The M.O. look when Benny Snell got healthy......coaches have patterns that they stick too. I'm on board if that's been schurmers go of it as wel. They gave melvin some money! Do you believe that it's gonna be more
Melvin??
Well, true, but the difference being, Tomlin didn't bring in the top RB FA on the market, he had a mildly underperforming incumbent and a potential threat already in the team. Yes the theory if coaches sticking to thier roots is valid. Its also valid that thier roots go to hell if it means the team wins. Similarities exist, but not at all the same situation.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, true, but the difference being, Tomlin didn't bring in the top RB FA on the market, he had a mildly underperforming incumbent and a potential threat already in the team. Yes the theory if coaches sticking to thier roots is valid. Its also valid that thier roots go to hell if it means the team wins. Similarities exist, but not at all the same situation.
but it still wasnt how tomlin operates, and the thread is not a rb, hes a receiver basically...but yeah i got yah

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but it still wasnt how tomlin operates, and the thread is not a rb, hes a receiver basically...but yeah i got yah
Right on...and in my defense, for my part of that debate, I pretty much thought he'd stick to his MO, but that the singular back he'd lean on the most was up for grabs, not that there would be a committee. I never really questioned too much that he'd stick to his standard plan as much as possible. Of course, when big Ben goes down, the whole thing goes to shit, regardless of intentions, so,... Lol

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on...and in my defense, for my part of that debate, I pretty much thought he'd stick to his MO, but that the singular back he'd lean on the most was up for grabs, not that there would be a committee. I never really questioned too much that he'd stick to his standard plan as much as possible. Of course, when big Ben goes down, the whole thing goes to shit, regardless of intentions, so,... Lol
yeah, losing ben f'd that whole offense, then conner went down and juju and it was painfully abysmal......Yeah you're right someone could of taken out james. Tomlin LOVES james. LOVES him from PITT. Has always loved him.........They have been in the same facility since before he drafted conner......I just didnt see anyway , anyone on that roster was taking him out.....

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funchess in GB. that might work. Big body, enormous catch radius, should work well the Rodgers ad libbing. Maybe now they font HAVE to go WR in the 1st, and can get the best of what's left later.
I held my opinion until I saw the money. He’s on a massive prove it deal for less than 2.5 mill. Love it

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, losing ben f'd that whole offense, then conner went down and juju and it was painfully abysmal......Yeah you're right someone could of taken out james. Tomlin LOVES james. LOVES him from PITT. Has always loved him.........They have been in the same facility since before he drafted conner......I just didnt see anyway , anyone on that roster was taking him out.....
Yeah your likely right, it was never gonna happen. Sometimes the hype just grabs ya.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah your likely right, it was never gonna happen. Sometimes the hype just grabs ya.
There's ppl in pittsburgh still calling for
Samuel, he has never been a true rb, ever, never. It's like Chris Thompson or riddick, never gonna tote that rock, not happening.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Buccaneers GM Jason Licht said, "The tape to us showed that he (Tom Brady) had plenty of arm."
Licht added, "We felt that he had the ideal arm for Bruce and his system. He can still throw it deep."

I sure don't know what tape they've been watching, but ever patriot game I've watched the past couple seasons shows multiple "flutter" balls on anything 25+ yards, and consistently having receivers stop in the routes and wait for the ball. YPA have also declined steadily for three years, with a paltry 6.6 yards last year, as have yards per completion, checking in at 10.6...both a full yard less than his career average. I call horsepucky on the Buc's GM

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Buccaneers GM Jason Licht said, "The tape to us showed that he (Tom Brady) had plenty of arm."
Licht added, "We felt that he had the ideal arm for Bruce and his system. He can still throw it deep."

I sure don't know what tape they've been watching, but ever patriot game I've watched the past couple seasons shows multiple "flutter" balls on anything 25+ yards, and consistently having receivers stop in the routes and wait for the ball. YPA have also declined steadily for three years, with a paltry 6.6 yards last year, as have yards per completion, checking in at 10.6...both a full yard less than his career average. I call horsepucky on the Buc's GM

Found it! :billb:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy Watkins obviously has compromising pictures if Andy Reid.

Unbelievable that not only they didn't just cut him, but they are still giving him 9 million! Ughh. Hardman's potential for '20 just took a big shit

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont.
Sorry, but i think he's one of those players that was highly touted with big expectations coming out of college.
Thats the only reason hes still getting any kind of consideration imo.
Now maybe Brissett is no Aaron Rodgers, but if you cant step up when Hilton is not 100% and the rest of the WR are meh... you wont.
Plus GB is now a run 1st team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy Watkins obviously has compromising pictures if Andy Reid.

Unbelievable that not only they didn't just cut him, but they are still giving him 9 million! Ughh. Hardman's potential for '20 just took a big shit

Won't he have been a big cap hit if they had cut him? Chiefs had close to zero cap space, so they needed to create cap space and this does that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont.
Sorry, but i think he's one of those players that was highly touted with big expectations coming out of college.
Now maybe Brissett is no Aaron Rodgers, but if you cant step up when Hilton is not 100% and the rest of the WR are meh... you wont.

Yeah I agree with you Joe.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont.

Yeah I agree with you Joe.

The poor guy only played one game with the Colts, what exactly was he supposed to do to step up opposite TY Hilton in 5 targets??

He stepped up quite well '17, leading the Panthers WR's in receiving, catches and yards, and the entire team in receiving TD's. '18 was disappointing, but I still attribute most of that to Cam sucking hind tit for most the year. I sure wouldn't want Funchess as my go to, but he's plenty good enough to be a dependable, albeit not exciting, #2

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't he have been a big cap hit if they had cut him? Chiefs had close to zero cap space, so they needed to create cap space and this does that.
The last cap analysis chart I looked at showed a zero cap hit if they cut him. Owed something like 20 million, non of it guaranteed, and a zero cap hit. Now, they might've been dead money issues or something, but KC had all the leverage, yet somehow, he still emerges overpaid compared to his production.