• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last cap analysis chart I looked at showed a zero cap hit if they cut him. Owed something like 20 million, non of it guaranteed, and a zero cap hit. Now, they might've been dead money issues or something, but KC had all the leverage, yet somehow, he still emerges overpaid compared to his production.
In that case it's strange they went this route.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The poor guy only played one game with the Colts,
The volleyball scene from Meet the Parents ran thru my brain... where Greg is getting berated for missing 1 shot.
"It was a big shot!"

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that case it's strange they went this route.
Looked a little harder once I got home-

Contract details on new one-year deal for Chiefs WR Sammy Watkins

"Watkins previously carried a $21 million dollar cap hit for the 2020 NFL season. It was a number that was entirely too much for the Chiefs to handle in 2020, which left only a handful of options for Kansas City. They could cut or trade Watkins and save $14 million against the salary cap. They opted for the other option which was to restructure his contract and keep him for the 2020 NFL season"

So they could have saved 14 million by cutting him, but instead saved 5 with a restructure. Not quite the 15-20 million difference I was thinking, but, still, a 9 million chunk of cap space they didn't have to absorb, but chose to anyways. I hope he actually earns some of it this coming season

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kinda irritating-

"
NBC Sports Bay Area's Matt Maiocco doesn't consider Matt Breida a lock to make the final roster.
The 49ers tendered Breida at the second-round level this offseason — increasing his base salary to $3.3 million. Despite that, none of his money is guaranteed, and Breida was barely used down the stretch last year. The 49ers look committed to keeping Jerick McKinnon after restructuring his contract. Breida may ultimately need a strong training camp to keep his roster spot."

The one and only RB that Shanny2 has had, who no matter how dinged up he was, no matter what injury he was dealing with, ALWAYS tightened the chin strap, and ALWAYS produced. Yet dudes like McKinnon and Coleman who have done virtually nothing but collect paychecks, are "locks". Doesnt make sense

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kinda irritating-

"
NBC Sports Bay Area's Matt Maiocco doesn't consider Matt Breida a lock to make the final roster.
The 49ers tendered Breida at the second-round level this offseason — increasing his base salary to $3.3 million. Despite that, none of his money is guaranteed, and Breida was barely used down the stretch last year. The 49ers look committed to keeping Jerick McKinnon after restructuring his contract. Breida may ultimately need a strong training camp to keep his roster spot."

The one and only RB that Shanny2 has had, who no matter how dinged up he was, no matter what injury he was dealing with, ALWAYS tightened the chin strap, and ALWAYS produced. Yet dudes like McKinnon and Coleman who have done virtually nothing but collect paychecks, are "locks". Doesnt make sense

Think it's just a opinion piece. Nobody knows what will happen with the 49er backfield. They might even draft a RB, despite having many candidates on the roster or maybe not. They did tender Breida which usually is a sign they want to keep him. They could had forego the tender and offered Breida a contract for less if they really didn't care if he was on the roster or not.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it's just a opinion piece. Nobody knows what will happen with the 49er backfield. They might even draft a RB, despite having many candidates on the roster or maybe not. They did tender Breida which usually is a sign they want to keep him. They could had forego the tender and offered Breida a contract for less if they really didn't care if he was on the roster or not.
True, good points. It'd be nice if he got some guaranteed $$ either way though, he has certainly earned it.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy Watkins obviously has compromising pictures if Andy Reid.

Unbelievable that not only they didn't just cut him, but they are still giving him 9 million! Ughh. Hardman's potential for '20 just took a big shit

It's gonna be a Sammy Watkins rebirth! I believe! Mainly 'cause I have to. :pound::pound::pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it's just a opinion piece. Nobody knows what will happen with the 49ers backfield. They might even draft a RB, despite having many candidates on the roster or maybe not. They did tender Breida which usually is a sign they want to keep him. They could had forego the tender and offered Breida a contract for less if they really didn't care if he was on the roster or not.

I agree, it's just an opinion piece. I loved McKinnon when he was with the Vikings, the dude amazed me with some of his runs. That said, I'm not sure why Shanahan values him so highly with his injury history, but I'll go along. As for the backfield, I'll be stunned if Mostert is not the starter. He has flat-out earned it.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Buccaneers GM Jason Licht said, "The tape to us showed that he (Tom Brady) had plenty of arm."
Licht added, "We felt that he had the ideal arm for Bruce and his system. He can still throw it deep."

I sure don't know what tape they've been watching, but ever patriot game I've watched the past couple seasons shows multiple "flutter" balls on anything 25+ yards, and consistently having receivers stop in the routes and wait for the ball. YPA have also declined steadily for three years, with a paltry 6.6 yards last year, as have yards per completion, checking in at 10.6...both a full yard less than his career average. I call horsepucky on the Buc's GM

horsepucky

Hockey talk wearing ya thin:D

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a rumor that the Bears are shopping Trubisky in exchange for a 3rd round pick, and that the Dolphins might be interested.

But cannot find any verbiage to confirm the rumor.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a rumor that the Bears are shopping Trubisky in exchange for a 3rd round pick, and that the Dolphins might be interested.

That would be a hoot if it happened.:D

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like the Lions to do that Staffords back is still a question mark long term. Trubisky getting to sit and learn for awhile to learn would do him some good and I still think he and Stafford have a lot of the same traits. Doubt it would happen though.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs signed DeAndre Washington.....interesting. Basically a slightly smaller Damien Williams.. Same skill set, more or less, and Lord knows playing in oakland, until Chucky got there, didn't help, nor did being buried behind Lynch and Jacobs after Chucky came...I wouldn't say Williams necessarily has anything at all to be worried about, but could be relevant to a potential handcuff situation, should the Chiefs not get a real RB in the draft.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be relevant to a potential handcuff situation
idk... seems like KC is collecting RB just like SF. Might be a situation to avoid.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk... seems like KC is collecting RB just like SF. Might be a situation to avoid.
Yeah I suppose, but, IMHO, they've got a big handful of guys with the letters "RB" behind their names, but don't have a single real RB on the roster. At least SF has a few real ones

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs signed DeAndre Washington.....interesting. Basically a slightly smaller Damien Williams.. Same skill set, more or less, and Lord knows playing in oakland, until Chucky got there, didn't help, nor did being buried behind Lynch and Jacobs after Chucky came...I wouldn't say Williams necessarily has anything at all to be worried about, but could be relevant to a potential handcuff situation, should the Chiefs not get a real RB in the draft.
I totally agree. That rb room is whack. He fits the Williams mold, and dam is hurt a lot. Could be a really nice sleeper.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandin Cooks and a 4th to Houston for #57 overall