• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here's another messy backfield.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Broncos signed free agent RB Melvin Gordon.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports it's a two-year, $16 million deal with $13.5 million guaranteed. The Broncos could certainly use an additional weapon or two on offense for second-year QB Drew Lock, but addressing the RB position is curious considering Phillip Lindsay and Royce Freeman were largely fine in 2019. MGIII is certainly the better pass-down RB from the group, although Lindsay (4.9 YPC) and Freeman (3.9) have had similar-to-better success over their careers on a per-rush basis compared to Gordon (4). This is a complete mess as far as fantasy is concerned, as a committee backfield is incredibly likely unless we see an additional move take place.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers signed TE Eric Ebron to two year, $12 million contract.

Ebron has received plenty of grief over the years after his underwhelming seasons with the Lions and penchant for dropping passes, but there's plenty of talent here. Still just 26 years old, Ebron is just one season removed from scoring 13 touchdowns with Andrew Luck under center in 2018. A new QB and various injuries sunk Ebron's chances at putting together a productive 2019 campaign. The drops are also a bit overstated. Overall, Travis Kelce, Jared Cook, Dawson Knox, Mark Andrews and Zach Ertz join Ebron as the only TEs with double-digit drops over the past two seasons. Not a bad group to be apart of. The key question surrounding Ebron's 2020 fantasy value is whether or not he'll receive a full-time role over Vance McDonald.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2020-3-22_11-47-46.png

Team Most Likely to Expose Their Actual Draft Board During Their Pick: Browns
Team Most Likely to Expose a Fake Draft Board During Their Pick: Patriots
Team Most Likely to Look Disheveled/Unprepared During Their Pick: Texans
Team Most Likely to Look Professional/Prepared During Their Pick: Ravens

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 236054

Team Most Likely to Expose Their Actual Draft Board During Their Pick: Browns
Team Most Likely to Expose a Fake Draft Board During Their Pick: Patriots
Team Most Likely to Look Disheveled/Unprepared During Their Pick: Texans
Team Most Likely to Look Professional/Prepared During Their Pick: Ravens
Team Most Likely to Waste Their Pick on a D2 School Prospect Only to Cut Them in Four Years: Bears

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here's another messy backfield.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Broncos signed free agent RB Melvin Gordon.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports it's a two-year, $16 million deal with $13.5 million guaranteed. The Broncos could certainly use an additional weapon or two on offense for second-year QB Drew Lock, but addressing the RB position is curious considering Phillip Lindsay and Royce Freeman were largely fine in 2019. MGIII is certainly the better pass-down RB from the group, although Lindsay (4.9 YPC) and Freeman (3.9) have had similar-to-better success over their careers on a per-rush basis compared to Gordon (4). This is a complete mess as far as fantasy is concerned, as a committee backfield is incredibly likely unless we see an additional move take place.
Great news for the Broncos- not so much for fantasy.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuzzy, what's your opinion of Lock?
With his brief stint at the end of last year I am hopeful. I think he has the physical and mental tools but I am little worried about his throwing accuracy. he needs another target which I think the Broncos will try to get in the draft. The off-season additions to the defense and Melvin should help a lot.
Might be good enough to lead them to the playoffs this year.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That sucks one of the few first round centers that actually deserves their reputation.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are a fan of the team that signs Cam Newton to be starting QB this year, please just realize your team is tanking for Trevor Lawrence and don't get all mad at them when they suck next year

Looking at you Chargers and Patriots, LOL

upload_2020-3-24_14-26-46.png

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is going to throw Anderson the ball? @Bandit your one that has been crossing your fingers on Anderson. What you think?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are a fan of the team that signs Cam Newton to be starting QB this year, please just realize your team is tanking for Trevor Lawrence and don't get all mad at them when they suck next year

Looking at you Chargers and Patriots, LOL

View attachment 236329
At least in Chargers case, they're sitting pretty with a shot at either Herbert or Tua this year..so maybe they'd be tanking for the top OL?? LOL

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least in Chargers case, they're sitting pretty with a shot at either Herbert or Tua this year..so maybe they'd be tanking for the top OL?? LOL

for sure - I haven't understood the constant linking of FA QBs to the Chargers, other than the fact they lost Rivers. But everyone assumes that they're drafting one of the top 3 QBs (let's be real, #2 or #3, as Cincy has Burrows locked up).

Seems like a perfect fit for a rookie QB to learn the ropes behind a solid defense, great receiving options in Allen/MikeW/Henry/Ekeler....one of the rare instances I support putting a rookie QB in immediately.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who is going to throw Anderson the ball? @Bandit your one that has been crossing your fingers on Anderson. What you think?

I don't understand how that makes sense for either side. DJ Moore and McCaffery are going to be the focal points of that offense and Bridgewater isn't exactly known for throwing the ball deep and even if he was they have Curtis Samuel for that. I don't understand why Carolina would pony up that much money for him when it just isn't a need at all. It reminds me of the deal the Chiefs gave Sammy Watkins a few years ago that just made no sense to anybody.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how that makes sense for either side. DJ Moore and McCaffery are going to be the focal points of that offense and Bridgewater isn't exactly known for throwing the ball deep and even if he was they have Curtis Samuel for that. I don't understand why Carolina would pony up that much money for him when it just isn't a need at all. It reminds me of the deal the Chiefs gave Sammy Watkins a few years ago that just made no sense to anybody.

I'm almost thinking they put Moore or Samuel on the block now - or during the season, so they don't have to pay either of them.
But agree completely - very weird signing. What are they doing in Carolina?!?!