• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ian Rappaport says the Chargers are prepared to go forward with Thai Stick and a rookie...f'n crazy. With everything readily available out there right now, and some of it pretty cheaply..I'm rather surprised.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ian Rappaport says the Chargers are prepared to go forward with Thai Stick and a rookie...f'n crazy. With everything readily available out there right now, and some of it pretty cheaply..I'm rather surprised.

could just be waiting for the panthers to cut Cam vs trading for him - prob a few teams that made that decision last night/this morning

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles to Jags for a 4th

Bears draft picks this year:
2, 2, 4, 6, 7, 7 ewwwwww

edit: I left out the Oakland 2nd from the Mack trade but still eewwwwww
Well, the good news (to me anyway) is that with all of the players being cut for financial reasons, there are players available to upgrade at certain positions. And the Bears need O-line help first and foremost. Just about every lineman available would be better than what we have.

And Ryan Pace has done terrible with his picks anyway. He needs less picks and should focus on veteran upgrades.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could just be waiting for the panthers to cut Cam vs trading for him - prob a few teams that made that decision last night/this morning
Well that's what I'm thinking too, a smokescreen. Getting it out there that you're not making a move, forcing teams to cut the dude, and then sign him. Drawback of course, now your bidding for that dude on the open market, having g to get him to agree to a whole new deal, whereas a trade, the deal is already done. Fun times regardless

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris and Hayward for the Chargers....good luck throwing to your WRs against them this year.

Hello TEs facing the Chargers for fantasy!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers D is going to be so bad next year, Teddy B will be throwing it 40-50x per game, this is going to get wild

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't even occur to me, but yup.

Indy really does too though, I think evidenced by the single year deal to Phillippè

I'm really not sure why they stick with Jacoby, Rivers hasn't been consistent in years and the only thing I like better about the current Colts vs the Chargers the last couple of years is their Oline

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so....does Gurley get cut, or traded? And where does he end up, either way?

Last edited:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so....does Gurley get cut, or traded? And where does he end up, either way?

Tampa Bay.......

More importantly, with so little out there at WR, why have we not seen Manny Sanders, Robby Anderson, Breshad Perriman news of any kind this week?

saw the blurb about Sanders/Cowboys, but radio silence on the other two, and I doubt the Sanders/Cowboys thing has any traction, if I had to guess. Cowboys need to prioritize their secondary over adding a WR3

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay.......

More importantly, with so little out there at WR, why have we not seen Manny Sanders, Robby Anderson, Breshad Perriman news of any kind this week?

saw the blurb about Sanders/Cowboys, but radio silence on the other two, and I doubt the Sanders/Cowboys thing has any traction, if I had to guess. Cowboys need to prioritize their secondary over adding a WR3
Same reason it ain't worth it to deal a high draft pick for one in fantasy...roughly 20 receivers coming in have 1st or 2nd round grades, why pay the FA money on those guys, especially Perriman, who you really don't know what youre getting and Anderson who you do know what youre getting, but it ain't necessarily worth it, and then the aging Sanders.
Just as well wait and see what the draft brings.
Only thing that surprises me is that Watkins hasn't restructured or been cut yet

Last edited:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same reason it ain't worth it to deal a high draft pick for one in fantasy...roughly 20 receivers coming in have 1st or 2nd round grades, why pay the FA money on those guys, especially Perriman, who you really don't know what youre getting and Anderson who you do know what youre getting, but it ain't necessarily worth it, and then the aging Sanders.
Just as well wait and see what the draft brings.
Only thing that surprises me is that Watkins hasn't restructured or been cut yet

rookie WRs, by and large, F'ing suck.
If you're trying to win a super bowl (or fantasy title) this year, veteran WR that fits your system should be preferred over a rookie, imo.
Now the contract demands/$$$'s holding it up makes more sense, but still, I'd think we would have heard of teams at least poking around to see what those demands are at this stage. Especially, if say, a team just traded a stud WR (HOU/MIN)

and Perriman has been more than serviceable in his time away from the run heavy BAL team that was a bad fit. looked good at CLE before they brought Odell in and let him walk last year, looked great in Arians offense with Winston slinging it after Evans/Godwin injury. Anderson has produced with a rookie QB and bad play calling. I mean, these guys aren't worth breaking the bank for, but still hold value over a developmental prospect that could totally suck at the pro level.

@averagejoe - I may need someone in my corner for this one! (i even put "F'ing" instead of spelling out the curse word)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts seem like a great landing spot for a FA WR as well, with the Rivers window being a short one to win-now

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rookie WRs, by and large, F'ing suck.
If you're trying to win a super bowl (or fantasy title) this year, veteran WR that fits your system should be preferred over a rookie, imo.
Now the contract demands/$$$'s holding it up makes more sense, but still, I'd think we would have heard of teams at least poking around to see what those demands are at this stage. Especially, if say, a team just traded a stud WR (HOU/MIN)

and Perriman has been more than serviceable in his time away from the run heavy BAL team that was a bad fit. looked good at CLE before they brought Odell in and let him walk last year, looked great in Arians offense with Winston slinging it after Evans/Godwin injury. Anderson has produced with a rookie QB and bad play calling. I mean, these guys aren't worth breaking the bank for, but still hold value over a developmental prospect that could totally suck at the pro level.

@averagejoe - I may need someone in my corner for this one! (i even put "F'ing" instead of spelling out the curse word)
Haha, yeah, by and large, they do suck, Perriman as a rookie, excellent example. And he's been, at best, good in random spurts in Cleveland and TB, since then. And when that, and a one deminsiinal Robbie Anderson, and a headed for the horizon Manny Sanders are the cream of the crop in the WR FA class, its understandable that there hadn't been much movement. No teams are out there saying, gee, if we only had one more slightly better than average WR, we'd be in the Super Bowl. Plenty of teams need one, sure, but there are other avenues to approach getting one. They just aren't anything special..except maybe Sanders, and his time is running way short.

And when you can get a possible next big thing, in the second or third round for basically the rookie minimum? Why not take that chance?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts seem like a great landing spot for a FA WR as well, with the Rivers window being a short one to win-now
Yeah, they do for sure.
Denver needs two, Oakland's needs at least one sure to draft one in the first., GB needs 2, Chicago needs one, Houston could use an entire room full, MIA, Minnesota, NE, the Giants, Jets, Eagles, Steelers, Niners and Skins,..could all use one or two more.

BUT, outside of GB, and maybe NE if they get a strong QB, are any of them one WR away from truly being better? That's why, if I were the GM, of any of those teams. I'd be taking a wait n see how the draft pans out approach to the WR position on draft day.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my final point...being the monkey see, monkey do league we've got- you look at last years crop, you see 3 dudes with 900+ yards, 8 dudes with 5+ TD's, 5 dudes with 50+ catches...most all who had somewhat abbreviated starts..ya know, cuz they are rookies..and I'm sure its hard not to sit in you cushy GM chair and convince yourself that you can find those same guys too.