• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen numerous qoutes, Samuels is gonna do thus, he's gonna do that, Conner is gonna share the load, Snell looks great..yada, yada, yada, some of which you yourself posted. Sure theres always contradictions later that week or next week, assuring everyone that its all Conners, but it sounds more like damage control to me. I didnt say they were a threat per say, I said more of a threat than that ridiculous Dion Lewis. How much more, I dunno, haven't seen enough of em, but have seen enough of Dion Lewis that if they go to that style of run game, and stick with, that he's nothing more than a COP/pass catching back
Thing is we’ve seen Lewis take his work. We got some off season quotes saying one thing. Then training camp actions saying another. But again, agree to disagree

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is we’ve seen Lewis take his work. We got some off season quotes saying one thing. Then training camp actions saying another. But again, agree to disagree
We've seen lewis piss his opportunities down the drain is what we've seen...predictably..opportunities he never should've gotten in the first place, but only did because the rookie head coach made the mistake of thinking he could replicate NE's offense without a Tom Brady or a Gronk. Took him far too long, but once he finally admitted that wouldn't work, and used what he had instead of jamming his system on a roster that didnt fit it, usage changed, production changed..really don't understand why you refuse to see that

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen lewis piss his opportunities down the drain is what we've seen...predictably..opportunities he never should've gotten in the first place, but only did because the rookie head coach made the mistake of thinking he could replicate NE's offense without a Tom Brady or a Gronk. Took him far too long, but once he finally admitted that wouldn't work, and used what he had instead of jamming his system on a roster that didnt fit it, usage changed, production changed..really don't understand why you refuse to see that
ok.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things im not pumping conner to be a mosnter and lead the league in rushing, second conners box score has more than 4 good games. Thers alot more serviceable games here than henry......and so waht? henry didnt get chances?

View attachment 212436
I see games of combined:
192 yards
95 yards
185 yards
129 yards
212 yards
163 yards
73 yards(still serviceable at 5.2 Yard per touch)
95 yards
74 yards(4+Yards per touch
94 yards

so lets say 8 games at 90 + yards out of the 13 he played in, 10 what i wuld call more than serviceable games,

View attachment 212439

so MAYBE 6 games that are "serviceable" if you count weeks 5 and 9 that arent too exciting.....

obviously 13-16 are great..........

I dunno, one looks alot better to me

Again this is an argument about about weather or not Conner is worth his current status as a 1st rounder. I never said he won't be a valuable fantasy asset and if he falls to the late 2nd or early 3rd where i think he belongs i'd happily consider him as a RB2.

73 yards(still serviceable at 5.2 Yard per touch)
95 yards
74 yards(4+Yards per touch
94 yards

With Samuels involved i expect a lot more of this than this

185 yards
129 yards
212 yards
163 yards

and if Conner starts to get banged up i wouldn't be surprised to see Snell steal some goalline and clock killing work too.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For cryin' out loud. I'll trade for Conner. If yer in a league with me, gimme a shout out.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id be curious, looking at the box scores i posted below, and the number of games each had fairly decent games, how thers more to be excited about? especially when one has more of a history of disappointment. You again may be right.

and @Stomp to say conner isnt the best back on his team. And to say a guy who wasnt even a RB in college, is better than conner is odd at best.

Samuels was listed as a tight end in college.

his freshman year he had 14 total carries in 11 games
His sophmore year he had 56 carries in 13 games
His junior year he had 31 attempts in 13 games
His senior year he had 78 attempts in 13 games

so 182 attempts in 4 years. A stellar RB gets an avg of 3.64 carries per game! You would think the coaches would know something.
He also had 201 catches........very good receiver

so counting all of college, and his pro career he has ad 4 total games with 10+ rushes in a game. But im to believe hes better than conner?

by all means, im waiting for some analysis over the surface stats

Never said Samuels was a bellcow if he's on the field with Conner who do think will be the blocker and who do think will be the receiver? On a per game basis he'll probably steal a few running plays and my guess is a lot of the receiver work.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said Samuels was a bellcow if he's on the field with Conner who do think will be the blocker and who do think will be the receiver? On a per game basis he'll probably steal a few running plays and my guess is a lot of the receiver work.
Where in there do I say , that you said Samuels would be the bell cow ? I said, you have stated conner is a better rb.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in there do I say , that you said Samuels would be the bell cow ? I said, you have stated conner is a better rb.

Never said better, again i'm just explaining why i don't like Conner at his current value Samuels is a more talented receiver and will be stealing touches from Conner. Snell is a more talented and durable workhorse and will eventually steal that role he's a rookie though and will need time to adjust to the NFL game, so Conners workhorse role is safe for now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said better, again i'm just explaining why i don't like Conner at his current value Samuels is a more talented receiver and will be stealing touches from Conner. Snell is a more talented and durable workhorse and will eventually steal that role he's a rookie though and will need time to adjust to the NFL game, so Conners workhorse role is safe for now.
U said conner wasn’t the best rb on his team last year. Who were you referring to then.?

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one was saying Conner won't start the season as a bellcow the problem is the other backs behind him are more talented and he has had injury issues. If you still think he's worth spending a 1st on good luck.

U said conner wasn’t the best rb on his team last year. Who were you referring to then.?

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not going to change my stance on him util i see him prove otherwise, but if Conners tears it up and out performs last year(on an average per game basis) i'll certainly eat my crow.

The stats that matter
13 GP
13 TDs
2 FL
76 1st downs

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to change my stance on him util i see him prove otherwise, but if Conners tears it up and out performs last year(on an average per game basis) i'll certainly eat my crow.
Understood. But the others haven’t proven much of anything either.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Sony Michel finding soft spots in zone on passing situations"

Pretty sure they said the exact same thing about Harris last wk.
Almost desperate to get someone to believe those aren't White's snaps come regular season.

And looks like Patriots should run a different zone defense, seems like they're giving up way too much to the RBs in the pass game every practice.....

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt take Foreman long to find a job. Never did think it was the injury, or Houston would've had to release him with an injury settlement, not just waive him. And doubtful he'd pass the physical in INDY.
Be interesting to see how that plays out, Foreman pre injury could've easily given Mack a run for his money, depending on what he's got left, still might