• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assumptions My friend. Just like the assumption justice hill is gonna get work. Or that Ronald jones and penny would walk into startung jobs

thats where you're wrong. Ingram IS NOT a proven commodity. Hes struggled.

A first round rb, in the saints offense, didnt crack 1000 yards in a season until his 6th nfl season. Yeah he wasnt getting a ton of touches, but there was a reason for that. Keep in mind he was a RB drafted in round 1. 2015 was pretty good. 2016 and 2017 were very good. the rest of his 8 years in a high powered offense , not so much

Bro, I totally agree with yer first post; yer second? Not so much.

Very much a stretch comparing Flynn to Ingram. C'mon, you know it.

Now don't get me started on Allen Robinson! :pound::pound::pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about '14? 40 yards short of 1K and 9 scores in only 13 games
I'd say three straight years, plus the '14 season, being well above average is pretty proven, regardless how long it took to get your groove. And let's not forget, that offense was %100 through Brees up till the previous 2-3 years, not the run game. Helluvalot better resume, and substantially more proven in any and every NFL situation than his competition.
I mean..you're grasping at this point looking for anything to debate. If Gus has it, and Ingram doesn't, it'll show, but there's zero doubt that Ingram is the penciled in starter, and has to be beaten out. Why else would you want him in our negotiations, if he wasn't the assumed starter? ;)

Lol, I'll love to revisit this thread if Dixon beats 'em all out. :)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he’s the assumed starter but that’s just it. That was my entire point, assumed. To say he’s a stone cold lock is incorrect imho

This I totally agree with as well. It's early. I still like Bruce Anderson surprising everyone over in Tampa. I don't care if Ronald Jones has been assigned the nickname of "RoJo".

In the preseason, CoachSpeak and Marketing is everything.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I totally agree with as well. It's early. I still like Bruce Anderson surprising everyone over in Tampa. I don't care if Ronald Jones has been assigned the nickname of "RoJo".

In the preseason, CoachSpeak and Marketing is everything.
yep yep

and ingram is a downhill runner like bmore needs. 3 years 5 mill with an out clause after 2021 , they didnt heavily invest in him.

Heck on can argue that with edwards, dixon , and ingram.......why in the world would they also draft a back if they were set on ingram for 3 years

the ravens depth chart has edwards #1 lol

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep yep

and ingram is a downhill runner like bmore needs. 3 years 5 mill with an out clause after 2021 , they didnt heavily invest in him.

Heck on can argue that with edwards, dixon , and ingram.......why in the world would they also draft a back if they were set on ingram for 3 years

Because unless you have one of the bonafird every down stud backs, a Zeke, a Barkley, you know the type, nobody uses a single back these days, and Hill is definitely a change of pace to both Gus and Ingram. So that's a pretty easy explanation as to why they'd draft him. They'll likely draft/sign another early down type next off season too..cuz he is 29
As to the depth charts, most teams don't release updated official depth charts at this time of year. Check most if the charts published by the beat writers and national coverages..Ingram is in top

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because unless you have one of the bonafird every down stud backs, a Zeke, a Barkley, you know the type, nobody uses a single back these days, and Hill is definitely a change of pace to both Gus and Ingram. So that's a pretty easy explanation as to why they'd draft him. They'll likely draft/sign another early down type next off season too..cuz he is 29
As to the depth charts, most teams don't release updated official depth charts at this time of year. Check most if the charts published by the beat writers and national coverages..Ingram is in top
ingram has shown an affinity to catch passes, and dixon is a pass catcher...........

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ingram has shown an affinity to catch passes, and dixon is a pass catcher...........
Point being? When did Dixon, who by most counts is firmly in the outside looking into the roster bubble, become a point of debate?
Plenty of backs can catch passes, can contribute, doesn't mean others aren't better at that particular aspect. No coach worth his salt is gonna ram an oval into a circle hole just because it can fit, not when he has a circle lying around.

Doesn't mean Ingram won't be in on passing situations, doesn't mean that in occasion Hill, or Gus, or maybe Dixon, if he makes it, won't be in in 1 &10. Only means its nice to have a varuety of options when none of the options is all world at everything

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sad. I wish him the best.

640 The Hurricane's Andy Slater reports paramedics had to amputate Dolphins DT Kendrick Norton's left arm following a car crash early Thursday morning.
His agent later confirmed the report. The good news is early reports suggest Norton's life is not in danger, but this is obviously a tragic situation. In a statement, the Dolphins said, "Our thoughts and prayers are with Kendrick and his family during this time."

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep yep

They have been looking for a speedy, explosive back for a few years according the sports talk radio station here. They missed out on a couple. I think Kamara was one they had their eye on a couple years ago. May just be radio talk, but it makes sense.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have been looking for a speedy, explosive back for a few years according the sports talk radio station here. They missed out on a couple. I think Kamara was one they had their eye on a couple years ago. May just be radio talk, but it makes sense.
Fair enough fellas. I don’t think my point is coming across

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough fellas. I don’t think my point is coming across

Sure it is. Your point is that the Ravens have no true #1 RB.

That said, in my mind, Ingram gets the job until he either owns it or loses it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My point is that u can argue their backfield situation 6 ways from Saturday. Hill is so dynamic I heard. They drafted him to be a key cog. Now it’s a change of pace speed back..... perceptions keep changing

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that u can argue their backfield situation 6 ways from Saturday. Hill is so dynamic I heard. They drafted him to be a key cog. Now it’s a change of pace speed back..... perceptions keep changing

giphy.gif
Actually, I don't care; I just thought this was a really cool gif. :pound::pound::pound:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thinks that's right.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this thread. I get a lot of current, relavent info from here.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno...from what I saw, what they did in free agency, what was already on the roster, it was as obvious as the nose on the end of my face what Hill's intended role was to be when they drafted him. Duke Johnson, Darren Sproles, TJ Yeldon. Now they may have given the proper lip service, "he's going to be a huge part of the plan" yada yada..but it's painfully apparent that the plan going into the season is Ingram/Hill, thunder/lightening, Gus as a breather, likely gets a few series for himself in spell of Ingram.
Not really sure how it could be viewed any other way, until said players force otherwise