• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Moley, remember him?

Former NFL WR Dorial Green-Beckham was formally charged with resisting arrest and possessing 10 grams or less of marijuana on Thursday.
The charges stem from a December arrest in Springfield, Missouri. Police allege Green-Beckham fled the scene during a drug raid, escaping out the window before officers tased and apprehended him. Both charges are misdemeanors. The former Titans and Eagles wide receiver was just released from jail after serving a 90-day sentence for DWI, which violated his probation. The 2015 second-rounder hasn't played an NFL down in almost three years.
Stash candidate in deeper dynasties?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Conner expects 'similar role' in 2019 "I'll have a similar role," said Conner, who acknowledged the team will approach its game plan on a week-to-week basis. "I know I'll be a big part of it and have a big role." Conner was a revelation last year, exploding for 1,470 yards from scrimmage and 13 touchdowns (12 rushing, one receiving) while filling the workhorse role vacated by disgruntled star Le'Veon Bell. There have been rumblings that Jaylen Samuels and rookie Benny Snell could cut into Conner's workload this year, but for fantasy purposes, he's still the back to own in Pittsburgh.
Steelers' James Conner: 'I'll have a similar role' in '19

But James u said a committee

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

for that "nothing", and a guy supposedly undergoing alcohol treatment, something happened

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

for that "nothing", and a guy supposedly undergoing alcohol treatment, something happened

I didn't even think about the alcohol treatment part. Yeah...:doh::doh::doh:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus Edwards (BAL):
Mark Ingram
Justice Hill
. Those backs could eat into his playing time, but before we just give away Edwards’ starting job, let’s consider his competition. Ingram is 29 years old, he has had injury issues in past seasons, and he did not play like a dominant running back in many of his games for the New Orleans Saints last year. The Ravens only gave him a three-year deal worth $15 million with not enough guaranteed money to give him a starting job if Edwards outperforms him in training camp. Hill was drafted in the fourth round, and he is going to make a base salary of $495,000. The Ravens are under no pressure to start him over Edwards, either. Edwards does have a chance to win this starting job with a good training camp, and I feel that potential outcome has largely been ignored this offseason. Edwards has instead been relegated to camp body on many draft boards instead of being viewed as a running back that had a successful rookie season, reduced his body fat this offseason, and worked on his receiving ability. Edwards is one of the best values in fantasy football this year because he can be had for next to nothing and his upside in that offense is through the roof if he ends up being the starter. I would not draft him as though he will average 93 yards per game rushing this year, as he did over the last seven games of last season. I do not have to do that though, because his current ADP of 224 makes him waiver wire material. If he starts 16 games this year, he has a great chance to finish the season as one of the best running backs in fantasy football. He is one of those bargain players this year that can emerge as one of the best players in fantasy football.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus Edwards (BAL):
Mark Ingram
Justice Hill
. Those backs could eat into his playing time, but before we just give away Edwards’ starting job, let’s consider his competition. Ingram is 29 years old, he has had injury issues in past seasons, and he did not play like a dominant running back in many of his games for the New Orleans Saints last year. The Ravens only gave him a three-year deal worth $15 million with not enough guaranteed money to give him a starting job if Edwards outperforms him in training camp. Hill was drafted in the fourth round, and he is going to make a base salary of $495,000. The Ravens are under no pressure to start him over Edwards, either. Edwards does have a chance to win this starting job with a good training camp, and I feel that potential outcome has largely been ignored this offseason. Edwards has instead been relegated to camp body on many draft boards instead of being viewed as a running back that had a successful rookie season, reduced his body fat this offseason, and worked on his receiving ability. Edwards is one of the best values in fantasy football this year because he can be had for next to nothing and his upside in that offense is through the roof if he ends up being the starter. I would not draft him as though he will average 93 yards per game rushing this year, as he did over the last seven games of last season. I do not have to do that though, because his current ADP of 224 makes him waiver wire material. If he starts 16 games this year, he has a great chance to finish the season as one of the best running backs in fantasy football. He is one of those bargain players this year that can emerge as one of the best players in fantasy football.
Well I dunno who wrote that up, but his "starting job" was given away the second Ingram put pen to paper.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I dunno who wrote that up, but his "starting job" was given away the second Ingram put pen to paper.
Assumptions My friend. Just like the assumption justice hill is gonna get work. Or that Ronald jones and penny would walk into startung jobs

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was pretty obvious matt flynn was gonna start in seattle
it was?? Think it was obvious that was the intention, but WTF they were thinking is beyond me. One great game in a great system against a team not prepared for an aerial attack from a backup QB, was bad business move, damned near everyone outside the Seattle front office knew that.

The Ingram signing is about as opposite from the Flynn debacle as can be.. He's a proven commodity

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and even if we assume its the same thing, RW had to win the job...Gus, will have io do the same. Symantec's aside, Ingram was signed to be the starter, Gus may very well be given the opportunity to win it, but he will have to win it, its not his to lose

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was?? Think it was obvious that was the intention, but WTF they were thinking is beyond me. One great game in a great system against a team not prepared for an aerial attack from a backup QB, was bad business move, damned near everyone outside the Seattle front office knew that.

The Ingram signing is about as opposite from the Flynn debacle as can be.. He's a proven commodity
thats where you're wrong. Ingram IS NOT a proven commodity. Hes struggled.

A first round rb, in the saints offense, didnt crack 1000 yards in a season until his 6th nfl season. Yeah he wasnt getting a ton of touches, but there was a reason for that. Keep in mind he was a RB drafted in round 1. 2015 was pretty good. 2016 and 2017 were very good. the rest of his 8 years in a high powered offense , not so much

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats where you're wrong. Ingram IS NOT a proven commodity. Hes struggled.

A first round rb, in the saints offense, didnt crack 1000 yards in a season until his 6th nfl season. Yeah he wasnt getting a ton of touches, but there was a reason for that. Keep in mind he was a RB drafted in round 1. 2015 was pretty good. 2016 and 2017 were very good. the rest of his 8 years in a high powered offense , not so much
What about '14? 40 yards short of 1K and 9 scores in only 13 games
I'd say three straight years, plus the '14 season, being well above average is pretty proven, regardless how long it took to get your groove. And let's not forget, that offense was %100 through Brees up till the previous 2-3 years, not the run game. Helluvalot better resume, and substantially more proven in any and every NFL situation than his competition.
I mean..you're grasping at this point looking for anything to debate. If Gus has it, and Ingram doesn't, it'll show, but there's zero doubt that Ingram is the penciled in starter, and has to be beaten out. Why else would you want him in our negotiations, if he wasn't the assumed starter? ;)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about '14? 40 yards short of 1K and 9 scores in only 13 games
I'd say three straight years, plus the '14 season, being well above average is pretty proven, regardless how long it took to get your groove. And let's not forget, that offense was %100 through Brees up till the previous 2-3 years, not the run game. Helluvalot better resume, and substantially more proven in any and every NFL situation than his competition.
I mean..you're grasping at this point looking for anything to debate. If Gus has it, and Ingram doesn't, it'll show, but there's zero doubt that Ingram is the penciled in starter, and has to be beaten out. Why else would you want him in our negotiations, if he wasn't the assumed starter? ;)
I’m actually not grasping for Gus. I’m
Merely stating Ingram is not exactly proven. He’s struggled. Close but no cigar in 13, tds are nice. There will still running chances in that offense regardless of it going through brees, he just wasn’t getting it. That’s actually y Ingram has 9 tds.......

I agree he’s the assumed starter but that’s just it. That was my entire point, assumed. To say he’s a stone cold lock is incorrect imho