• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOURCE: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Jun 13, 2019, 9:33 AM ET

Well, those guys have to write about something. ... the real truth is usually something different. Actually (and this is a total guess) if they want to get Samuels involved in the passing game - they put him in the slot, or as a second TE, more. A lot of targets missing with Brown gone. ...
i agree, conner has repeatedly pumped the committee thing, which is odd

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well when you've got multiple options that can all move the ball, you utilize as many as you can, system or tradition be damned

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would that be, 4th times the charm? 5th? Poor guy, just makes me wonder what it is that doesn't click for him. At least he isnt the typical ultra talented idiot who throws it all away with drugs or other issues

He might be one of those talented guys that excel in practice and camp, 'cuz it doesn't count and it's fun. But when it becomes serious business, they get all tight and screwed up.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JAMES CONNERRB, PITTSBURGH STEELERS

James Conner expects the Steelers to "spread out" backfield touches "pretty evenly."
Conner was used as a workhorse when healthy last season, but the emergence of Jaylen Samuels while Conner was injured could lead to more of a timeshare moving forward. Pittsburgh could also look to use the two backs in tandem, which they reportedly experimented with during the offseason program. Conner is still the favorite for carries, but he will likely lose at least some passing-down snaps to Samuels.

SOURCE: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Jun 13, 2019, 9:33 AM ET

maybe i eat some crow, @FaCe-LeE-uS im a little shocked at these rumors
Sticking to my previous assessment... Not buyin this at all.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of, if not, the elite OLs in the league? Gimme Conner.
Conner is the only RB in that room that can block in pass-pro. Samuels needs a ton of work in that area, and I don’t think the rookie Snell will have it down in the course of a single offseason without real NFL level play.

Realistically, I don’t see Samuels & Snell eating more than 10-15 snaps combined in a single game.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would that be, 4th times the charm? 5th? Poor guy, just makes me wonder what it is that doesn't click for him. At least he isnt the typical ultra talented idiot who throws it all away with drugs or other issues
At least we could explain it though.

Seems he just never gets enough games in a row to develop much.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same ol' Browns?

TODD MONKEN C, CLEVELAND BROWNS

NFL Network's Mike Silver reports the Browns' transition to new OC Todd Monken has "not gone as smoothly as planned."
Per Silver, this has "resulted in coach Freddie Kitchens playing a greater role in spearheading the offense than originally intended." It's eye-brow raising after Monken earned an in-season demotion from the Bucs last season despite putting a ton of yards on the board. This always had the potential to be a volatile situation after Kitchens revived the Browns offense then earned a promotion. We'll see what happens in training camp.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Browns stuff; of course, The Post's angle is "The Sky is Falling!".

I like Mayfield's attitude, myself.

Baker Mayfield’s blunt leadership is causing Browns problems
By Jared Schwartz

June 14, 2019 | 11:26am

Enlarge Image
baker.jpg

Baker MayfieldDiamond Images/Getty Images

Trouble in paradise.

Several Browns players confronted Baker Mayfield and voiced their displeasure with the second-year quarterback after he criticized Duke Johnson’s trade demands earlier this month, according to NFL.com.

Mayfield and his teammates hashed out their differences in a private meeting.

Johnson, a talented pass-catching running back, has been demanding a trade since April, as he sees his role in Cleveland’s offense and future with the team diminishing. The Browns added Odell Beckham Jr. and Kareem Hunt this offseason, and second-year running back Nick Chubb’s development will likely eat into Johnson’s snaps. Johnson is under contract for $10 million total over the next three seasons, but the 25-year-old wants to be proactive in finding a team where he can prove his worth.

“It’s self-inflicted,” Mayfield told reporters during minicamp. “It is what it is. It’s not awkward for anyone else in this building. He’s gotta do his job. He said he was a professional. I hope he does his job.

“If we have guys that want to be here, they’ll show that. They’ll voice that. Obviously he’s going to handle his stuff how he wants, but you’re either on this train or you’re not, it’s moving. You can get out of the way or you can join us, so it is what it is.”

Mayfield toed a dangerous line on one of the NFL’s biggest taboos, speaking publicly about other players’ financial arrangements, which is seemingly what rubbed some of his teammates the wrong way.

Johnson’s salary doubles to $3.6 million next season, which would likely make it more difficult to find a potential trade suitor.

“I understand the nature of the league,” Johnson said during minicamp. “I understand his job. (General Manager) John Dorsey’s job is to do what’s best for the team. Getting rid of me for a bigger piece? Then I’m going to get with it. As I said before, my trade request was to meet them at a middle ground.”

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it appears the Browns are well on their way to creating a bad atmosphere - which always seems to translate to the field. With all that talent added someone will always be unhappy - which is the one thing that can screw them from reaching their potential. Leave to them to find a way to mess up a good thing. ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Mayfield news should come as no surprise to anyone who paid attention to his college career/draft red flags.

If he continues to prove it on the field, it'll translate into "a strong leader who holds teammates accountable" like Peyton Manning. If he stumbles, he'll be an abbrassive personality that divides the lockeroom, like a modern day Jeff George.

I back his thoughts on the issues, understandable to be frustrated and wanting the people you depend on to be around and be there for the team, however, I think he's a moron for publicly saying any of it. Players back players against administration and management, unless its just way wrong, and Duke ain't way wrong. He's simply using the only tool in his box in an attempt to do what he feels is right for his career. Once team activities became mandatory, he showed and did/is doing his work. The QB needs to have his back publicly

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it appears the Browns are well on their way to creating a bad atmosphere - which always seems to translate to the field. With all that talent added someone will always be unhappy - which is the one thing that can screw them from reaching their potential. Leave to them to find a way to mess up a good thing. ....

A lot of personalities on that team, and these kind of things can happen. Winning is a good balm to calm everyone down, losing could cause a explosion.
Let's see how it goes.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Mayfield news should come as no surprise to anyone who paid attention to his college career/draft red flags.

If he continues to prove it on the field, it'll translate into "a strong leader who holds teammates accountable" like Peyton Manning. If he stumbles, he'll be an abbrassive personality that divides the lockeroom, like a modern day Jeff George.

I back his thoughts on the issues, understandable to be frustrated and wanting the people you depend on to be around and be there for the team, however, I think he's a moron for publicly saying any of it. Players back players against administration and management, unless its just way wrong, and Duke ain't way wrong. He's simply using the only tool in his box in an attempt to do what he feels is right for his career. Once team activities became mandatory, he showed and did/is doing his work. The QB needs to have his back publicly
im just curious what abrasive traits you saw in college, yeah he had a crotch grab, and a drinking incident. and he planted teh flag at OSU, his team was behind him with the crotch grab and the flag plant..........legit, maybe i missed a bunch of incidents

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke signed a 3 year deal.

With the Cleveland Browns

Duke needs to stfu and do his job.

With the Cleveland Browns.
Yes theres that, which is why I understand his thoughts, and, in private, I'm %100 in agreement with him. But under contract players who feel.slighted, who feel marginalized, who feel if they don't do something, their career and financial future might be put at risk, have only one option. And even though it might not appear to be popular, I get it. Someday, in like 4 years, when Cleveland picks up Baker's 5th year option on the cheap, that could be him, and I'm sure he'd appreciate the support of his teammates while he fights to insure his career

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just curious what abrasive traits you saw in college, yeah he had a crotch grab, and a drinking incident. and he planted teh flag at OSU, his team was behind him with the crotch grab and the flag plant..........legit, maybe i missed a bunch of incidents
What, that isnt enough? As the QB?? Google his attitude issues, there is no shortage of examples. Telling the Baylor players he'd spank them like he was their daddy, the money sign, public intoxication and disorderly conduct in ARK, I mean, teams reportedly took him off their draft boards...it was pretty highly publicized. Its why many compared him to a potential "the next Johnny Manziel"

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, that isnt enough? As the QB?? Google his attitude issues, there is no shortage of examples. Telling the Baylor players he'd spank them like he was their daddy, the money sign, public intoxication and disorderly conduct in ARK, I mean, teams reportedly took him off their draft boards...it was pretty highly publicized. Its why many compared him to a potential "the next Johnny Manziel"
Yeah I mean a money sign And the things listed don’t worry me. But to each their own. Bakers guys would die for him. That was never disputed.so I don’t question his leadership.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, he's a Baker!

funny-happy-baker-25037441.jpg

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I mean a money sign And the things listed don’t worry me. But to each their own. Bakers guys would die for him. That was never disputed.so I don’t question his leadership.
Well obviously some of his current teammates do, and that's the point. Not what you or I or any other armchair QB think of him. I'm just saying, I'm not surprised, no one really should be