• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is very smart thinking. :)

And by huge amount I’m talking maybe 3 or 4 million more then Rogers and top Ryan’s 94 guaranteed. See if that gets him off the idea of tying his salary to the cap.

Last edited:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think they should trade him to Gmen for 1.6, 1.17, and 2020 #1, and rebuild that defense.
Sign Bradford and REALLY get their money's worth out of Carson and Penny.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Russell Wilson thing is gettin' a little interesting. Apparently, 3 AM is the deadline. Seahawks made a buncha smaller signings today, are they gettin' ready for the showdown?

@HaroldSeattle , what's yer take on all this?

They need to pay him. He's one of the few QBs that actually deserves the huge contract.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Seahawks signed Russell Wilson to a four-year, $140 million extension through 2023.
The deal includes a massive $65 million signing bonus with $107 million in total guarantees, and the new money makes him the highest-paid player in the NFL. The relatively short extension only runs through Wilson's age-34 season, so it is likely he will get another shot at a big deal. On the other hand, Wilson was not able to get his salary tied to the cap, a precedent he was reportedly hoping to set, but $140 million is a nice consolation prize. With this deal in place, the persistent trade rumors will finally go away, and the Seahawks can get back to underusing their best player."

LOL!!!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Seahawks signed Russell Wilson to a four-year, $140 million extension through 2023.
The deal includes a massive $65 million signing bonus with $107 million in total guarantees, and the new money makes him the highest-paid player in the NFL. The relatively short extension only runs through Wilson's age-34 season, so it is likely he will get another shot at a big deal. On the other hand, Wilson was not able to get his salary tied to the cap, a precedent he was reportedly hoping to set, but $140 million is a nice consolation prize. With this deal in place, the persistent trade rumors will finally go away, and the Seahawks can get back to underusing their best player."
LOL!!!
I'm sure Harold is a happy guy (that he's staying put). ....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Harold is a happy guy (that he's staying put). ....
Yes I am. Didn't like the idea of having to search the world over for a decent QB again. Also relieved that RW backed off tying his salary to the cap. Cost was about what I expected, which is a butt load of money. I'm sure we'll see his salary eclipsed before long by several others. Hopefully the cap keeps rising for a least a few years.
Honestly was a big relief for me to have him signed.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't wait to see how much Seattle pays him on his NEXT extension!

It was money well spent, by NFL standards, at least

any thoughts that they'll be able to get Wagner and/or Clark done too now that RW is out of the way?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I am. Didn't like the idea of having to search the world over for a decent QB again. Also relieved that RW backed off tying his salary to the cap. Cost was about what I expected, which is a butt load of money. I'm sure we'll see his salary eclipsed before long by several others. Hopefully the cap keeps rising for a least a few years.
Honestly was a big relief for me to have him signed.

And your analysis was SPOT ON. :suds::suds::suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't wait to see how much Seattle pays him on his NEXT extension!

It was money well spent, by NFL standards, at least

any thoughts that they'll be able to get Wagner and/or Clark done too now that RW is out of the way?

Think they could sign both, they have the cap space. Really comes down to the players demands. The rising salaries are forcing tough decisions, so if it gets too spendy they will reluctantly pass.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's he s'posed to say? "Sure, go out and draft a young stud that I have to compete with!" :pound::pound::pound:

Speaking Tuesday, Joe Flacco said there was no need for the Broncos to draft a quarterback.
"So obviously that’s not of utmost importance to draft a quarterback," Flacco said following his first voluntary practice with his new team. "But if we do that’s out of my control. I’m going to go out here and compete and he’s going to have to come out here and be on the field with me every day, too. I’m ready for that." They are the saltiest of comments from a player who saw a quarterback drafted last year in Baltimore and then lost his job. The Broncos, who pick at No. 10 overall, have not shied away from evaluating quarterbacks in the pre-draft process. Flacco could quite easily end up with another Lamar Jackson situation on his hands. Flacco is not good enough to hold off rookie competition.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno why, but it always seems like this is the time of year that the Rotoworld news writers start getting a little blunt with their observations.

Speaking Tuesday, Ben Roethlisberger said the Steelers are "all about each other."
"I expect nothing else," Roethlisberger said of robust attendance at voluntary workouts. "We want to show we are here, dedicated to this team, dedicated to having a great season. We are all about each other." That is true, except for when they are not, which is all the time. Antonio Brown was clearly a genuine source of division, but the same has seemed to be true of Roethlisberger. He needs to do a better job leading his football team during his age-37 campaign.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno why, but it always seems like this is the time of year that the Rotoworld news writers start getting a little blunt with their observations.

Yea, but they gotta write about something. .... after the draft it'll be all about the rookies - good or bad stuff. ...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's in the water in Kansas City these days?

WR, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

The Kansas City Star reports Tyreek Hill's three-year-old son was "recently removed from the custody of Hill and the boy’s mother."

Per the Star, it "isn’t clear when the boy was removed, or who he is staying with now." The Star reports Hill and his fiancee, Crystal Espinal, have been "working through a family court process called a 'child in need of care' case." Two separate investigations into child abuse at Hill's home were opened across nine days in March. The second incident involved the alleged breaking of Hill's son's arm. Hill reported for the start of Chiefs voluntary workouts this week, but this is looking like a situation that will involve a lengthy suspension, outright release or both.

SOURCE: Kansas City Star

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeldon signs in Buffalo further splitting RB touches

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeldon signs in Buffalo further splitting RB touches
Actually a good spot for him, only a oft-injured 31 and 35 yr old to step over for a significant role - I kind of like it for him. ... At 26 he becomes the 'youngster' of the group for what that's worth. ...

Just read something on NFL.com saying it's a real possibility BUF now trades Shady. ... of course, that's just speculation. :noidea:

Last edited:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually a good spot for him, only a oft-injured 31 and 35 yr old to step over for a significant role - I kind of like it for him. ...
Just read something on NFL.com saying it's a real possibility BUF now trades Shady. ... of course, that's just speculation.
They won’t get much if anything for him