• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, after Matt Forte's breakout season with the Bears, that notion of Forte being a true #1 RB was shot down by just about every expert on Chicago sports talk radio, including some ex-Bears players turned radio personality. Actually took about 3 years into Forte's career before that chatter stopped.

My point is, maybe Edwards has the same chip on his shoulder regardless of what the experts say.
He likely does, doesn't mean he's got the talent to do much about it.
At least with guys like Forte, you could obviously see that there was quickness, burst, vision, the ability to contribute in the passing game. The question with him was can he handle being THE GUY, or was a just a product of coincidence between good opportunities doing what he can do well.

Edwards hasn't shown a dang thing other than a Hulk smash type straight ahead plow horse. He's about 25 years past his era

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He likely does, doesn't mean he's got the talent to do much about it.
At least with guys like Forte, you could obviously see that there was quickness, burst, vision, the ability to contribute in the passing game. The question with him was can he handle being THE GUY, or was a just a product of coincidence between good opportunities doing what he can do well.

Edwards hasn't shown a dang thing other than a Hulk smash type straight ahead plow horse. He's about 25 years past his era
but in that system, thats what they need.........it works in that system......

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2019-2-28_7-31-28.png

Well how do you do Tarik Cohen!

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of news today.
  1. LaFleur says the GB backfield will be a committee with Williams and Jones.
  2. Shanahan in SF pretty much said the same thing about Breida and McKinnon.
  3. Foles seems to be courted by JAX.
  4. And PIT says trading Antonio Brown to the NFC is most preferable.
upload_2019-2-28_7-37-46.png

I am hoping he is just trying to light a fire under the kid's rear end. Jones has definitely flashed when given the chance he just needs to stay healthy.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do expect both guys to get carries though because Jones isnt exactly durable.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but in that system, thats what they need.........it works in that system......
not really..just because it kinda works doesn't mean someone else isn't better at it, nor that someone who isnt smash mouth can't still do it, and do it better. There's no way they don't look to improve at the position. There's at least ten free agents available that would be better, and who knows how many rooks project to be better. Doubtful they go after Bell or Ingram, or even Ajayi, Anderson, or Peterson..but there's still plenty of affordable options. Hell, the blurb that mentions Harbuagh calling him the #1, he also flat out says he's also bringing in competition.. Not adding depth, competition. Which means, what I've got ain't good enough, he needs to improve, or be replaced.

And yes if you caught it, I did mention CJ as actually being an improvement in there...but I draw the line at Alf

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 199345

Well how do you do Tarik Cohen!
I honestly hope this is just a rumor.
Sure I want Howard to be better.
But I think the O-line is more to blame than he is. (Both he and Cohen were stuffed plenty.)
Plus Howard is a good blocking RB and was on the field tons protecting Trubs.
If the Bears and Pace have something much better planned, fine. But they better not part with him just to part with him.

Also don't believe this means more for Cohen.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard the Bronco are going to pick up Sanders option year. Good news for Sander owners in dynasty.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly hope this is just a rumor.
Sure I want Howard to be better.
But I think the O-line is more to blame than he is. (Both he and Cohen were stuffed plenty.)
Plus Howard is a good blocking RB and was on the field tons protecting Trubs.
If the Bears and Pace have something much better planned, fine. But they better not part with him just to part with him.

Also don't believe this means more for Cohen.
In no way do I think Cohen will ever get the bulk of the touches however I think he could handle more. I dont expect them to just get rid of Howard without a plan to replace him.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not so good for Hamilton owners. .....

I don't know, will it take away targets, yes, but Hamilton was going to play the slot anyway, so he'll still be on the field a lot and maybe it will be better with Sanders taking coverage away from him. You know with Joe Flacco there, at least three receivers will thrive and be fantasy studs anyway. :)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders still has to return from a torn Achilles, at 30+. I'm shocked they picked it up. No guarantee he remains the top WR there, he may very well lose a couple steps.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Hat-less Horseman returns! Written unretires to play for the Cowboys! Kinda screws anyone banking on Jarwin
NFL teams and players really need to help us fantasy owners out a little more.
Reduce the teams to 30 players and we won't have to worry about marginal players.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really..just because it kinda works doesn't mean someone else isn't better at it, nor that someone who isnt smash mouth can't still do it, and do it better. There's no way they don't look to improve at the position. There's at least ten free agents available that would be better, and who knows how many rooks project to be better. Doubtful they go after Bell or Ingram, or even Ajayi, Anderson, or Peterson..but there's still plenty of affordable options. Hell, the blurb that mentions Harbuagh calling him the #1, he also flat out says he's also bringing in competition.. Not adding depth, competition. Which means, what I've got ain't good enough, he needs to improve, or be replaced.

And yes if you caught it, I did mention CJ as actually being an improvement in there...but I draw the line at Alf
lol well yes. But truthfully that argument can be made for a lot of rb situations. U just really hate this one

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders still has to return from a torn Achilles, at 30+. I'm shocked they picked it up. No guarantee he remains the top WR there, he may very well lose a couple steps.
If they didn’t they had like a 6 and change cap hit, and if they do it’s like 10 they may as well see what happens

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no way do I think Cohen will ever get the bulk of the touches however I think he could handle more. I dont expect them to just get rid of Howard without a plan to replace him.
Same, agreed

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol well yes. But truthfully that argument can be made for a lot of rb situations. U just really hate this one
I do..I dunno why, but I just can't stand RB's that can't do anything exciting, ever. Especially when you see playmakers, or at least potential playmakers toiling away in special teams or situational roles, while teams bang their heads against the wall with sloths.