• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I try not to show my bias very often, but Duke Johnson is a very good running back. He's the all-time leading rusher at Miami and we aren't exactly a school of bad running backs. I think given more opportunities, he'd produce. It's not like he wasn't a workhorse at Miami, he had 280 touches his senior season and still averaged 6.8 yards per carry. I think he's a better overall running back than Jerick McKinnon who got a big deal as a third down back (of course I didn't like the signing of McKinnon either though). I think if you put him in the right offense and give him 10-12 touches a game, you'd be surprised how good he actually is.
10-12 yeah, but still a complimentary back

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Browns backfield will be a fantasy shit show for half the season or so, depending on the length of his suspension.
And if they're serious about this, there's always a trade of Duke and/or Chubb, although trading Chubb would be a huge mistake, or in other words, right up the Browns alley

That's assuming that Hunt isn't suspended and he most certainly will get at least the six and possibly even a full season suspension, so it might not really matter in the long run. I find it funny that they finally cut ties with Josh Gordon and then decide that finally dumping all that horrible PR that came with Gordon was too much to handle so they sign Kareem Hunt to help balance things out. LOL.

Yeah Hunt is going to be missing a good chunk of time to begin the season and it’s only a one year contract. Strange move by the Browns.

Certainly not a vote of confidence for the Duke - - hope he goes somewhere he's finally appreciated. ....
Per Rotoworld:
Browns GM John Dorsey was noncommittal Monday when asked about Duke Johnson's future in Cleveland.
Dorsey held a press conference to address Kareem Hunt's controversial signing. When asked about Johnson, Dorsey replied, "I don't think it makes him expendable yet." The Browns should anticipate Hunt serving a lengthy suspension for last year's assault on a woman, but it sounds like they might part with Johnson once Hunt becomes eligible to play. "I'll research (Johnson's future) as time goes on," added Dorsey. Johnson remained one of NFL's most-underutilized players in 2018, averaging 5.0 yards per carry and 9.1 yards per catch but handling only 5.4 touches per game.

I don’t think duke is a guy that is gonna do more, with more touches

Interesting that the prevailing thought is that Duke is traded. I've been thinking... :think: ... love them or hate them, the Patriots are the best franchise in the NFL. Yet no one seems to copy what they do. And that's to use everybody on their roster. What if, and this is a big IF, given the Browns' cursed history, but what if they actually plan to use all 3 RB ?

That's of course not until 2020 when Hunt is eligible to play (by my estimation).

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he goes to the pats hes a star, but i dont see it, they have white, who is essentially a similar back, and rexy

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he goes to the pats hes a star, but i dont see it, they have white, who is essentially a similar back, and rexy

Joe meant that the browns would use all 3 backs once they are able to, copying Patriots

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb was looking better as my 3rd keeper yesterday than today.

Does Guice leap Chubb now?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd definitely want to see Guice in a meaningful game or two before I'd go anywhere near that far. I had doubts when he was drafted, had Chubb leaps and bounds ahead of him then too. Not to mention the 'Skins offense is completely up in the air. Chubb will still be Chubb from last year for however long Hunt's suspension is, never know that could be from 6 games to the full year. I'd still say Chubb is the better commodity to keep

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd definitely want to see Guice in a meaningful game or two before I'd go anywhere near that far. I had doubts when he was drafted, had Chubb leaps and bounds ahead of him then too. Not to mention the 'Skins offense is completely up in the air. Chubb will still be Chubb from last year for however long Hunt's suspension is, never know that could be from 6 games to the full year. I'd still say Chubb is the better commodity to keep
Chubb was most useful in his high carry games. Don't you think the 20+ carry games are over with Hunt there? (I don't care about the first half of the season really)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb was most useful in his high carry games. Don't you think the 20+ carry games are over with Hunt there? (I don't care about the first half of the season really)
Wouldn't guarantee it, no. Although yes, the likelihood is definitely higher. Game flow likely dictates anything past Hunt's reactivation. However, is Guice gonna be good, there's little to suggest he's anything special yet? Even if he does get 20+ carries? with Chris Thompson around, will he ever get 20 touches? With Alex Smith status unknown, does it matter much? Who is gonna be the QB?
There's just so many unknowns surrounding Guice, that to put him in that class is a big leap of faith, not just in him, but the entire Skins offense/front office. Even most Skins fans I know aren't prepared to put faith in them

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't guarantee it, no. Although yes, the likelihood is definitely higher. Game flow likely dictates anything past Hunt's reactivation. However, is Guice gonna be good, there's little to suggest he's anything special yet? Even if he does get 20+ carries? with Chris Thompson around, will he ever get 20 touches? With Alex Smith status unknown, does it matter much? Who is gonna be the QB?
There's just so many unknowns surrounding Guice, that to put him in that class is a big leap of faith, not just in him, but the entire Skins offense/front office. Even most Skins fans I know aren't prepared to put faith in them
I wouldn't say the Skins are any bigger of a mess than the Browns were at this time last year. And Chubb still performed well as a fantasy back once they used him.

The Redskins actually have a decent line when healthy and Adrian Peterson had games that showed that offense can run the football. All signs point to Guice getting the work there.

And now that might be more than the work Chubb will get. Chubb is now a couple touches away from being the 2nd guy in the committee at any time. It's worrisome.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gotta wait for that Hunt suspension info before making that jump.
wouldn't hurt any to actually see what Guice can do on that knee as well.

hopefully you can wait a couple weeks into preseason before making a choice.

If I had to choose today, I'd stick with Chubb over Guice.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say the Skins are any bigger of a mess than the Browns were at this time last year. And Chubb still performed well as a fantasy back once they used him.

The Redskins actually have a decent line when healthy and Adrian Peterson had games that showed that offense can run the football. All signs point to Guice getting the work there.

And now that might be more than the work Chubb will get. Chubb is now a couple touches away from being the 2nd guy in the committee at any time. It's worrisome.
Well, just look at what changed in both those situations. Mayfield took over in Cleveland, brought some stability and, much as I hate to admit, a real threat in his own right, that's roughly in line with Chubb improving (granted the deletion of Hyde was likely a bigger factor), but the QB play did make a huge difference. And its reasonable to assume at least moderate progression there this coming season.

whereas Peterson largely fell off the map once Smith was gone after week 10. Lost almost half a yard per carry, and had one game which could really be called "good". And let's not forget, we are still talking about Adrian Peterson, not an unproven, untested rookie/sophomore. So without a solid QB, does the line mean much? If Guice is one of the great next backs, he'll produce regardless, if given the opportunities. Speaking off opportunities, AP had only 4 games eclipsing 20 carries in that system, just to throw it out there. But, swing back around to the point, is Guice that guy? We have a pretty good idea that Chubb certainly can be, he's shown enough to deserve at least some respect there. But Guice? Meh..maybe, sure has some tools, but we really don't know. And if he's not that guy, who plays for Wash. at QB? Foles? Flacco, TeddyB? Thai Stick? Crapstick? A rookie? Do any of those inspire confidence in moving the ball and providing 20 good touches to the run game? And do you have faith that Dan Snyder of all people makes the right choice there?

For me personally, no. I mean, if your mind is made up, by all means go for it. I will be giving Guice a wide birth come any re-draft draft days, and I won't be trading for him in any dynasty type situations (unless somewhat dirt cheap), and I certainly wouldn't rather gave him over Chubb.

Put it this way, if I had Chubb, and someone offered me Guice for him, straight up, in a dynasty, I'd also want their #1 pick, possibly more, to even it out

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it this way, if I had Chubb, and someone offered me Guice for him, straight up, in a dynasty, I'd also want their #1 pick, possibly more, to even it out

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. Guice a risk in a lot of ways. You hear about his problems during rehab?

Derrius Guice, his rehab delayed by infection, plans to return ‘faster, bigger, stronger’

"It’s a question he has asked himself often, during a rehab that has included an infection that delayed his recovery, required three additional procedures and kept him from the team’s facility."

I own both Guice and Chubbs in one dynasty league. I certainly value Chubbs much higher then Guice. I'm just waiting for the season to draw near and the Guice return hype to drive his value up. Then I hope to trade him for a good return, because I've no confidence in him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Guice a risk in a lot of ways. You hear about his problems during rehab?

Derrius Guice, his rehab delayed by infection, plans to return ‘faster, bigger, stronger’

"It’s a question he has asked himself often, during a rehab that has included an infection that delayed his recovery, required three additional procedures and kept him from the team’s facility."

I own both Guice and Chubbs in one dynasty league. I certainly value Chubbs much higher then Guice. I'm just waiting for the season to draw near and the Guice return hype to drive his value up. Then I hope to trade him for a good return, because I've no confidence in him.
You're still the only reason I own Chubb in ZERO leagues...dick

;)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, just look at what changed in both those situations. Mayfield took over in Cleveland, brought some stability and, much as I hate to admit, a real threat in his own right, that's roughly in line with Chubb improving (granted the deletion of Hyde was likely a bigger factor), but the QB play did make a huge difference. And its reasonable to assume at least moderate progression there this coming season.

whereas Peterson largely fell off the map once Smith was gone after week 10. Lost almost half a yard per carry, and had one game which could really be called "good". And let's not forget, we are still talking about Adrian Peterson, not an unproven, untested rookie/sophomore. So without a solid QB, does the line mean much? If Guice is one of the great next backs, he'll produce regardless, if given the opportunities. Speaking off opportunities, AP had only 4 games eclipsing 20 carries in that system, just to throw it out there. But, swing back around to the point, is Guice that guy? We have a pretty good idea that Chubb certainly can be, he's shown enough to deserve at least some respect there. But Guice? Meh..maybe, sure has some tools, but we really don't know. And if he's not that guy, who plays for Wash. at QB? Foles? Flacco, TeddyB? Thai Stick? Crapstick? A rookie? Do any of those inspire confidence in moving the ball and providing 20 good touches to the run game? And do you have faith that Dan Snyder of all people makes the right choice there?

For me personally, no. I mean, if your mind is made up, by all means go for it. I will be giving Guice a wide birth come any re-draft draft days, and I won't be trading for him in any dynasty type situations (unless somewhat dirt cheap), and I certainly wouldn't rather gave him over Chubb.

If the situation was reversed I would choose Chubb in Washington, would you?

I'm not taking anything from the post -Smith Redskins. The Oline was hurt and the QB play was as bad as it ever gets anywhere. No matter what happens the QB play will be much better than that. AP also had three 19 carry games. Gruden wants to run. And they typically can run when the LT plays.

If Mayfield was in Washington would you take Guice? Does that make the difference for you?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta wait for that Hunt suspension info before making that jump.
wouldn't hurt any to actually see what Guice can do on that knee as well.

hopefully you can wait a couple weeks into preseason before making a choice.

If I had to choose today, I'd stick with Chubb over Guice.
I don't care about the suspension unless it's all year. If it's ten weeks Hunt kills Chubb's production upon return. I'm not gonna have that shit rolling into the playoffs. If 4 weeks, then they split all year.

Hopefully, this is just a sign and trade (which makes a lot of sense) and that is the signal I'd wait for to move Chubb back up the board, not the suspension.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the situation was reversed I would choose Chubb in Washington, would you?

I'm not taking anything from the post -Smith Redskins. The Oline was hurt and the QB play was as bad as it ever gets anywhere. No matter what happens the QB play will be much better than that. AP also had three 19 carry games. Gruden wants to run. And they typically can run when the LT plays.

If Mayfield was in Washington would you take Guice? Does that make the difference for you?
If everything was reversed, but Chubb was still Chubb and Guice was still Guice?
Yea, but it would be closer. If Chubb had uncertainty surrounding him, if he'd blown his knee, if he hadn't taken any meaningful snaps yet, if he had no QB..Yes I'd rather have Guice, but its much closer, because that's just how much better I feel, and have always felt, that Chubb is better than Guice, regardless of setting.
If Guice had Mayfield in WASH and Cleveland had no QB, but otherwise the same situations? Still taking Chubb, cuase he's proven he's an above average RB at this level, Guice could be no more than yet another draft bust.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about the suspension unless it's all year. If it's ten weeks Hunt kills Chubb's production upon return. I'm not gonna have that shit rolling into the playoffs. If 4 weeks, then they split all year.

Hopefully, this is just a sign and trade (which makes a lot of sense) and that is the signal I'd wait for to move Chubb back up the board, not the suspension.
Keep in mind that no matter the length, this dude isnt gonna just step in the next week and grab half the load. He can't practice, he can't do anything in any official capacity with the team until activated

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that no matter the length, this dude isnt gonna just step in the next week and grab half the load. He can't practice, he can't do anything in any official capacity with the team until activated
True, two weeks should be enough though. It's not like we're talking 20 touches here, he can take 10 pretty quick. Which would drop Chubb from about 25 to about 15.