• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always respected the Steelers org. Forward thinkers. But that doesn't mean they're going to just throw money at a skilled RB who is about to turn 27. Realistically, Bell may have 2, possibly 3 fantasy relevant years left.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always respected the Steelers org. Forward thinkers. But that doesn't mean they're going to just throw money at a skilled RB who is about to turn 27. Realistically, Bell may have 2, possibly 3 fantasy relevant years left.
It’s probably best for both parties to part ways. Steelers have a small window to try for another Super Bowl, not smart to tie themselves to a contract that could leave them with a bunch of dead cap space down the road. Bell at 26 needs to land that big contract with big guarantees. Not wise to wait until he is 28 and then the Steelers cut him with no dead money per say for them ( which is how the contract offer was set up to work. ), 28 isn’t a good age to be looking for a contract for a RB. Always suck when a team needs to let a good player go, especially with a shoot at a Super Bowl, until Ben retires.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s probably best for both parties to part ways. Steelers have a small window to try for another Super Bowl, not smart to tie themselves to a contract that could leave them with a bunch of dead cap space down the road. Bell at 26 needs to land that big contract with big guarantees. Not wise to wait until he is 28 and then the Steelers cut him with no dead money per say for them ( which is how the contract offer was set up to work. ), 28 isn’t a good age to be looking for a contract for a RB. Always suck when a team needs to let a good player go, especially with a shoot at a Super Bowl, until Ben retires.
Well, I agree with this, but Bell does have a lot of mileage on him. Not saying he's gonna fall off the cliff this yr and maybe not next, but 300-400 touches a yr for the past several is just hard to ignore the wear and tear. ...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I agree with this, but Bell does have a lot of mileage on him. Not saying he's gonna fall off the cliff this yr and maybe not next, but 300-400 touches a yr for the past several is just hard to ignore the wear and tear. ...
history is unbeaten here, those guys break down quick

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Bell most likely will break down. More reason for him to grab as much guaranteed money as he can. It’s a risk, he can’t afford to get hurt this season, if he says healthy though he’ll be able to capitalize on it and come out smelling like a rose. Really can’t blame either side, Both sides want what is best for themselves and unfortunately they don’t coincide.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gurley, 4 years, 60 mill, 15 per. A friggin WR with somewhat limited skill set, ON THE SAME TEAM no less, just got more. What a joke. There's zero rational reasoning behind Cooks being paid more than Gurley.

With tags he was 3 years away from a new contract this is a good deal for him and the Rams.

The WR market got messed up years ago when the Cards signed Fitzgerald to that ridiculous contract, then again with the Lions and Calvin both contracts had years that were 15% or more of available cap at the time and drove up the Tag for the WR as a whole. Before that WR never really got more than 8%.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guaranteed, not garuanteed..doesn't really matter to me. If the dude makes it through the week, he gets his check, and Cooks' shouldn't be bigger than Gurley's under any circumstance. Gurley being garuanteed more is nice, doesn't change much of the point

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Bell most likely will break down. More reason for him to grab as much guaranteed money as he can. It’s a risk, he can’t afford to get hurt this season, if he says healthy though he’ll be able to capitalize on it and come out smelling like a rose. Really can’t blame either side, Both sides want what is best for themselves and unfortunately they don’t coincide.
Oh yea - if you don't look out for yourself in the NFL, no one else is. ...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Bell is overvaluing himself way too much. If a team gave a soon to be 24 year old running back with comparable skills $45 million guaranteed then teams would be completely stupid to give a running back with 637 more touches in his career and that is two and a half years older the same or more money. I know that Bell would say that he is better than Todd Gurley, but he certainly wasn't last year! If Bell ends up cracking the $30 million guaranteed mark it will shock the hell out of me.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Bell is overvaluing himself way too much. If a team gave a soon to be 24 year old running back with comparable skills $45 million guaranteed then teams would be completely stupid to give a running back with 637 more touches in his career and that is two and a half years older the same or more money. I know that Bell would say that he is better than Todd Gurley, but he certainly wasn't last year! If Bell ends up cracking the $30 million guaranteed mark it will shock the hell out of me.
cap goes up again next year, if he has a good year, and doesnt get hurt.........

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well generally the next big contract tends to be bigger then the last, even if the player is less talented or has some risk involved. So brace yourself to be shocked.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hummm -
According to Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com, GM Jon Dorsey said that they've had internal discussions about bringing in free agent wide receiver Dez Bryant.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hummm -
According to Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com, GM Jon Dorsey said that they've had internal discussions about bringing in free agent wide receiver Dez Bryant.
and thus the pieces are falling into place

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going to take a wait and see approach here. So far no word of a fail test or trouble with the league.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when did Mary Kay dabble in football??

giphy.gif
:pound::pound::pound:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why when people pose trade questions involving Gordon, I'll almost always choose the other side. Dude is just too much of a wild card

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
julio getting a restructured deal right away, surprised that didn't drag out a bit longer