• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree - seems kind of strange for teams to jump so early on guys in situations where they will likely be holding a clipboard the first season or two - must be nothing coming out next yr. ..... a couple may actually start this yr but Mayfield, Rosen, Jackson are long shots considering there are established vet in front of them. Looks to me like Allen and Darnold are the only one with legit shots (barring injury - which easily could put Rosen in the mix). ...
I don't see any reading n for the #1 pick, on an 0-16 team with zero expectations, to sit at all. I know Hue said he doesn't want a rookie starting, but..I don't see it..especially since hell likely be fired by the bye

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any reading n for the #1 pick, on an 0-16 team with zero expectations, to sit at all. I know Hue said he doesn't want a rookie starting, but..I don't see it..especially since hell likely be fired by the bye

You are certainly a bitter man that Barkley didn't go #1. .... but certainly get your point on QB. ... :suds:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are certainly a bitter man that Barkley didn't go #1. .... but certainly get your point on QB. ... :suds:
Well, its that they didn't NEED a QB..I know they "need" a QB, but they didn't need to invest the #1 pick on a guy when they've got a capable starter, that could've been used on a guy who contributes NOW, and the #4, or even better, the 2.1, could've been that developmental guy. Just a plain stupid plan, Nagy's cred, league wide, took a massive hit last night. No one but the Mayfield believers think its anything but comical

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, its that they didn't NEED a QB..I know they "need" a QB, but they didn't need to invest the #1 pick on a guy when they've got a capable starter, that could've been used on a guy who contributes NOW, and the #4, or even better, the 2.1, could've been that developmental guy. Just a plain stupid plan, Nagy's cred, league wide, took a massive hit last night. No one but the Mayfield believers think its anything but comical

Good point. ... Tyrod isn't chicken feed. ....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not if they thought those QBs would be Paxton level of skill. Still can get a productive RB round 2 and think they will. One could also say with Hyde they don’t “need” a RB, but they actually do.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if they thought those QBs would be Paxton level of skill. Still can get a productive RB round 2 and think they will. One could also say with Hyde they don’t “need” a RB, but they actually do.
I would agree they don't "need" a RB either, but when you're THAT terrible, and that lacking in talent, you take best player available, not "need", that's drafting 101, and why Elway taking Chubb was probably his best draft pick since selecting Miller in his first draft.
And best players available were hands down, Barkley and Chubb..they could've had both, and took neither

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys are just dead-set on that - - but the facts are they have other much more pressing immediate needs. .... they can still get an RB much later in the draft for depth - or take one of the ones off the street.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In more interesting news - guy was a hell of a player;
Cowboys TE Jason Witten is retiring from the NFL after 15 seasons.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are just dead-set on that - - but the facts are they have other much more pressing immediate needs. .... they can still get an RB much later in the draft for depth - or take one of the ones off the street.
%100 agreement there. After Barkley, no one decidedly better than Hyde, there's no longer a reason to address RB for anything but depth/special teams. If they take a RB anywhere before the 5th, its just the Browns being the Browns

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my day 1 winners:
Denver - I would've taken Chubb #4 if I was the Browns. The CB should provide immediate snaps, but why not let the FAs/new acquisitions play CB this year and keep getting after the QB? Chubb/Garrett would've been a freaking nightmare for BigBen's heir, L Jackson, and Dalton. Denver had it lined up perfectly imo, after they landed Keenum to bridge QB, were going to get a big piece for their D.

Packers - extra 1st round pick next year and get top CB left on their board, which was a position of need. I also think it was wise to pass on the Iowa CB.

Cardinals - I'm not buying the project QBs over the polished one here. I also don't think this was a huge win for Zona like most of the pundits today, but they moved up 5 spots + into the top 10 for such a low cost, have to put them in the winner's circle as of now.

Matt Ryan - Ridley and Sanu opposite Julio? sign that extension, sign it now, you aren't going to a team with a better supporting cast. Hell, any team out there with a better supporting cast probably isn't even interested in MattyIce, so sign the damn extension. Drew Brees took a paycut to try to stick it to you this year, not saying follow suit, but a similar dedication to winning would be nice for Falcons fans.

Bucs - always like a small trade down and still nabbing a good defensive player when other teams are scrambling for QBs

Bears - let the draft come to them and got a good pick, Roquan seemed to be a favorite of several folks on the boards here, and I watched a little bit of that Georgia D this past year, he can thump.

Day 1 was ok, but day 2 could be great:
Browns - 3 more picks in round 2, make them count! I also think they whiffed on Baker, but giving their staff a full season to implement an offense custom Taylor-ed to a mobile passing attack....hope I'm wrong, but i still think Baker + Browns = Bust (and not a bust in canton)

Colts - see above regarding round 2 picks. Like that they got the nasty OG from ND to protect Luck and solidify the line. Have a good C already, starting to piece it back together.

Ravens - have 2 3rd round picks, although I'm not overly impressed with Jackson, I like that they added Hurst with their 1st pick. Give young QB a big young TE to develop with. Could be good down the road, drafting for the future. Joe Flacco should be just good enough to give them another pick in the 12-18 range next year to keep building.

Day 1 losers
Raiders - how do you fuck up trading down? seriously, how do you not at the absolute VERY LEAST, ask for multiple 2nd round picks or next year's 1st round pick if you are letting a team trade into the top 10 to get a QB??? Fingers crossed one of my friends becomes a billionaire NFL owner, so maybe one day I'll get my chance to call the shots. And I also didn't care for their pick when they made it as well. Just think there were other team needs and other BPA

Anyone trying to figure out the Patriots rushing attack for fantasy purposes (sorry @TREFF !!)

Seahawks - I think most of the QBs in round 1 will disappoint, also think most of the RBs in this class will too. Recency bias playing into some of the picks this year, imo. We aren't getting another loaded RB class right off the heels of a previous one, that's also imo. I guess kudos for not falling into the trap of drafting based on need, cause they have plenty of other needs than RB.

AFC South Offenses - Jags added more firepower to their DL, yikes!

Jets and Darnold - I'll always be a big fan of rookie QBs waiting before starting. I think the lack of good QB coaches in the league plays a bit into this - teams that can't develop QBs need to draft one that can learn on the job. That's a tall fucking task for that position. Something tells me they'll get this kid on the field as fast as they can, regardless if McCown actually stays healthy.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my day 1 winners:
Denver - I would've taken Chubb #4 if I was the Browns. The CB should provide immediate snaps, but why not let the FAs/new acquisitions play CB this year and keep getting after the QB? Chubb/Garrett would've been a freaking nightmare for BigBen's heir, L Jackson, and Dalton. Denver had it lined up perfectly imo, after they landed Keenum to bridge QB, were going to get a big piece for their D.

Packers - extra 1st round pick next year and get top CB left on their board, which was a position of need. I also think it was wise to pass on the Iowa CB.

Cardinals - I'm not buying the project QBs over the polished one here. I also don't think this was a huge win for Zona like most of the pundits today, but they moved up 5 spots + into the top 10 for such a low cost, have to put them in the winner's circle as of now.

Matt Ryan - Ridley and Sanu opposite Julio? sign that extension, sign it now, you aren't going to a team with a better supporting cast. Hell, any team out there with a better supporting cast probably isn't even interested in MattyIce, so sign the damn extension. Drew Brees took a paycut to try to stick it to you this year, not saying follow suit, but a similar dedication to winning would be nice for Falcons fans.

Bucs - always like a small trade down and still nabbing a good defensive player when other teams are scrambling for QBs

Bears - let the draft come to them and got a good pick, Roquan seemed to be a favorite of several folks on the boards here, and I watched a little bit of that Georgia D this past year, he can thump.

Day 1 was ok, but day 2 could be great:
Browns - 3 more picks in round 2, make them count! I also think they whiffed on Baker, but giving their staff a full season to implement an offense custom Taylor-ed to a mobile passing attack....hope I'm wrong, but i still think Baker + Browns = Bust (and not a bust in canton)

Colts - see above regarding round 2 picks. Like that they got the nasty OG from ND to protect Luck and solidify the line. Have a good C already, starting to piece it back together.

Ravens - have 2 3rd round picks, although I'm not overly impressed with Jackson, I like that they added Hurst with their 1st pick. Give young QB a big young TE to develop with. Could be good down the road, drafting for the future. Joe Flacco should be just good enough to give them another pick in the 12-18 range next year to keep building.

Day 1 losers
Raiders - how do you fuck up trading down? seriously, how do you not at the absolute VERY LEAST, ask for multiple 2nd round picks or next year's 1st round pick if you are letting a team trade into the top 10 to get a QB??? Fingers crossed one of my friends becomes a billionaire NFL owner, so maybe one day I'll get my chance to call the shots. And I also didn't care for their pick when they made it as well. Just think there were other team needs and other BPA

Anyone trying to figure out the Patriots rushing attack for fantasy purposes (sorry @TREFF !!)

Seahawks - I think most of the QBs in round 1 will disappoint, also think most of the RBs in this class will too. Recency bias playing into some of the picks this year, imo. We aren't getting another loaded RB class right off the heels of a previous one, that's also imo. I guess kudos for not falling into the trap of drafting based on need, cause they have plenty of other needs than RB.

AFC South Offenses - Jags added more firepower to their DL, yikes!

Jets and Darnold - I'll always be a big fan of rookie QBs waiting before starting. I think the lack of good QB coaches in the league plays a bit into this - teams that can't develop QBs need to draft one that can learn on the job. That's a tall fucking task for that position. Something tells me they'll get this kid on the field as fast as they can, regardless if McCown actually stays healthy.
Naw, right there with ya!

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They need a QB waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy more than they need a RB.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need a QB waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy more than they need a RB.
Yep..and still do, Still would've regardless of which one they took, thus the crap pick. None are NFL ready, might as well use the value elsewhere...like the best player available, and grab a developmental guy later

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 1 winners for me

- Browns. Possible Franchise QB, Talented CB, and loads of picks to come.

- Colts. Top 2 talent and can finally help protect Luck.

- Cardinals. Cheaply traded up for arguably the best QB in the draft.

- Chargers. Derwin falling to them at 17 is awesome.

- Packers. Cant ever complain when you pick up an extra 1st rounder.

Day 1 Losers for me

- Giants. Needed a QB. Turned down QB and large trade offers to take a RB. GM seems incompetent.

- Bills. Yikes. Traded up for a longshot prospect and have nothing to help him actually succeed.

- Saints. Spent 2 1st rounders on a developmental pass rusher when theyre in win now mode.

- Seahawks. Seemed like a reach, poor positional value, and probably not even best RB available.

- Steelers. Dont know much about the dude but i dont think thats a good sign. Seems like it was quite the reach.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep..and still do, Still would've regardless of which one they took, thus the crap pick. None are NFL ready, might as well use the value elsewhere...like the best player available, and grab a developmental guy later

What makes you think none are NFL ready? I think this is the best QB class in a while and they arguably got the best prospect of the bunch.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think none are NFL ready? I think this is the best QB class in a while and they arguably got the best prospect of the bunch.

as much as I like to think QBs in Baker Mayfield's mold are the future of the NFL, the numbers prove otherwise.
#1 overall, I want the pocket passer + the pedigree, not sure Baker checks the box on either of those.

One thing in his favor - plays tough/with a chip on his shoulder, gotta have that mentality to make it in the NFL.