• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,853.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played him and Ingram from Arizona
But Ingram didn’t score me many points moss scored more points on the bench so I may have to make an adjustment next week

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Ingram didn’t score me many points moss scored more points on the bench so I may have to make an adjustment next week
Ingram's touches were iffy anyway coming off injury. That was a risk to start him.

Rumor is Moss will gradually lose more touches each week as they get Taylor up to speed.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd stick with Moss for one more week to see how the Colts ramp Taylor up, I like the Colts' matchup better even tho Jags and Rams have both done a good job against the run so far.

One of the few calls I got right this weekend, Zach Moss has looked really good with Indy, hate to see him take a backseat to Taylor but we all know that's gonna happen in week 7 or 8

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ Wilson: 12 TD - 4 INT - 99 QBR
Defensive PPG 32nd, 1-5 Record

Pat Mahomes: 11 TD - 5 INT - 95.7 QBR
Defensive PPG 2nd, 5-1 Record

Are we too hard on Russell? What happens if these two QBs switched teams?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are people hard on Russ this year? I figured Payton and the defense was taking most of the critisism.

That said, switch teams and the Chiefs are way worse with Russ. Chiefs WR situation is garbage. Rapport with Mahomes seems to have carried the Chiefs just enough. This years Mahomes, on the other hand, might not be enough to do much for the Broncos.

Josh Allen regressed last year when he really only had 1 good receiving target. It happens. Really hard to keep offenses humming these days it seems

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are people hard on Russ this year? I figured Payton and the defense was taking most of the critisism.

That said, switch teams and the Chiefs are way worse with Russ. Chiefs WR situation is garbage. Rapport with Mahomes seems to have carried the Chiefs just enough. This years Mahomes, on the other hand, might not be enough to do much for the Broncos.

Josh Allen regressed last year when he really only had 1 good receiving target. It happens. Really hard to keep offenses humming these days it seems

Yeah, I wasn’t really implying Wilson is on Mahomes’ level. Stats can be funny sometimes.

But the Chiefs are in major need of a WR1 and it is weird they didn’t even try this year (despite the elitism of Kelce).

Of course, I won’t complain though, if MVS and Toney are the guys in January (if Buffalo makes it there… man, the Giants destroyed us and should have won many different ways).

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wasn’t really implying Wilson is on Mahomes’ level. Stats can be funny sometimes.

But the Chiefs are in major need of a WR1 and it is weird they didn’t even try this year (despite the elitism of Kelce).

Of course, I won’t complain though, if MVS and Toney are the guys in January (if Buffalo makes it there… man, the Giants destroyed us and should have won many different ways).
Chiefs May have a #1 WR in Rice, they just haven’t played him that much.

But, when he’s been on the field, he has produced. Guy needs to get more playing time.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Russel looked like he was about to break down and cry on the sideline, I knew it was over for him.

Dude is done.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, when he’s been on the field, he has produced. Guy needs to get more playing time.
Totally agree here. Rice is on the rise.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’ve thrown my fantasy dart at Justyn Ross, but he stays buried. Lots of hype in the summer. Is MVS that strong of a blocker that Ross deserves no chance at all… I doubt it.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good ol' Mark "Stink" Schlereth on the local morning radio, who puts 99.9% of the blame for the offensive woes squarely in the shoulders of Juedy, Sutton and Payton-in that order, did a very eloquent break down of RW struggles and just how many subtle nuances he misses, reads he doesn't see, etc. He makes excuses for him, mainly that his WR's aren't putting forth effort and that Payton refuses to run the ball to balance the pass rush, but he's pretty stiff on RW too. Wish there was a link to that segment, he spelled it out perfectly.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chiefs definitely went with WR by committee as a way to deal with what was available. Its mostly how they've dealt with the CB position over the years because they've never been able to get one in the draft and were probably never going to prioritize it in FA. They did trade up for Trent McDuffie at CB after having issues with the Bengals and trading Tyreek Hill.

Now they did target Rice in the draft last year. He went to SMU same as the owner of the Chiefs. Mahomes worked him out. I do expect him to get his shot. Toney will likely work his way out of the rotation just based on his play this year. Ross has flashed a ton of potential as a deep threat but does seem buried right now as the Chiefs #3 deep threat. I wouldn't be shocked if he beat out MVS somewhere down the line. The Chiefs WR corp was pretty banged up last year right up until the Super Bowl so from a fantasy standpoint I do still think there is some hope that a talented player like Ross ends up being a big deal. I saw a stat about Mahomes deep balls and he has only successfully had 11 of them this year and 8 went to Watson. I don't think MVS has worked out at all outside of the playoff game against the Bengals last year.

The problem the Chiefs have is that there is almost no reason to not run the 'bend but dont break' defense against the Chiefs. You get the Chiefs in 2nd and short or 3rd and short and its really not any different than having them 2nd and 7 or 3rd and 7 so far this year. They just aren't moving guys in the trenches and Mahomes isnt a QB sneak candidate. My read on the Chiefs this year is that they'll rack up wins but if they face a playoff team with a top tier dline they have a really good shot at losing. But maybe the Chiefs have one of those great d lines to torture the other teams QB.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok folks. Im gonna be a bit more active again. Theres been just a ALOT going on my way over the past really 10 months. Settling in to a new job,only second week but settling in. So happy, its a much much more challenging job and I love it. I stay remote as well. Also fully moved into a a new place this weekend, and got my office setup(at least useable). Then splurged on a new laptop that I got a steal on. So...........I need a rb in KOTF, and just anything in dynasty

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok folks. Im gonna be a bit more active again. Theres been just a ALOT going on my way over the past really 10 months. Settling in to a new job,only second week but settling in. So happy, its a much much more challenging job and I love it. I stay remote as well. Also fully moved into a a new place this weekend, and got my office setup(at least useable). Then splurged on a new laptop that I got a steal on. So...........I need a rb in KOTF, and just anything in dynasty
welcome-back-kotter-dance.gif

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, who didnt see that coming with him. He wont last, for every josh allen there are 100 failures. Allen made me eat it, but he smashed the massively long odds.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Jaylen Warren starting to take over the backfield in Picksburgh? Matthew Berry has him rated higher than Najee this week and I thought i saw another ranking earlier today about it.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Jaylen Warren starting to take over the backfield in Picksburgh? Matthew Berry has him rated higher than Najee this week and I thought i saw another ranking earlier today about it.

Been hearing that as well