• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports the Colts will open the 21-day practice window for Jonathan Taylor (ankle, PUP).
Taylor was placed on PUP at the start of the season, keeping him on the sidelines for at least four weeks. Once his practice window is opened, the Colts will have 21 days to activate him from PUP. If he isn’t activated before the end of the window, he will stay on the PUP list for the remainder of the season. Previous reports have said Taylor is ready to return, so it may not be long before he is activated. Per Rapoport, trade talks surrounding Taylor have quieted, though one of his sources insisted teams were still interested.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions activated WR Jameson Williams from the reserve/suspended list.
In an unexpected turn of events, the league revised it’s gambling policy on Friday, shortening the suspension for first time offenders caught betting on non-NFL games from inside team facilities from six games to two games. This was the exact violation that saw Williams get suspended for six games earlier this offseason, but the revision has resulted in the league opting to reinstate Williams early. Players who bet on NFL games will now receive a one-year suspension. Betting on your own team is a two-year suspension and match-fixing is a lifetime ban. Williams can now rejoin the 3-1 Lions who currently rank eighth in points per game (26.5) and seventh in passing yards ahead of the team’s Week 5 matchup against the Panthers. Titans OT Nicholas Petit-Frere, also suspended for gambling, had the remainder of his suspension nixed by the league as well. :suds:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF seeing McLaughlin take over after Javonte gets hurt yesterday...

james corden will my boner ever go away GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm.... it was vs the Bears. Worst D in the NFL, XFL, NCAA and HS.

Perine had 1 less carry and 60 less yards than McLaughlin, after many believed (myself included) that Perine would have the majority of that backfield on lockdown if Javonte suffered any setbacks.

as bye weeks approach, any RB that stands to be a 40-60% timeshare guy in Sean Payton's offense (dials up plenty of targets to RBs in passing game) needs to be rostered and he'll be highly coveted off the wire this week, even if his good game was against the Bears D.

Any owners that have been waiting for middling talents at WR to fill their flex and bench spots...now is their time to shine!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1696258410324.png

dude breaks his finger and millions of fantasy nerds are happy for the "good news"

damon wayans films GIF

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm.... it was vs the Bears. Worst D in the NFL, XFL, NCAA and HS.
Yea, kinda like what SmokingMonkey stated, it's not so much what he did vs the Bears, it's that he and Perine (and Williams to a much lesser extent) all faced the same defense, and McLaughlin was the one who had the best production.

Yes, you have to take that grain of salt into consideration overall, but given that the alternative faced that same terrible D, it's a fair accounting.

That, and in the very limited touches he's had previously, he's also liked like the more 'explosive' option.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, kinda like what SmokingMonkey stated, it's not so much what he did vs the Bears, it's that he and Perine (and Williams to a much lesser extent) all faced the same defense, and McLaughlin was the one who had the best production.
Perhaps. Not all players are equal. There's a reason Perine has bounced around as a backup.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, you have to take that grain of salt into consideration overall, but given that the alternative faced that same terrible D, it's a fair accounting.

That, and in the very limited touches he's had previously, he's also liked like the more 'explosive' option.
You guys crack me up, you are under the assumption that Sean Payton isn't an idiot now. He's never been a one back guy anyway and has already claims that like 6 different guys in that offense are his "joker" like Alvin Kamara. He clearly should have stayed in the booth because he doesn't know what the hell he's doing without Drew Brees as his quarterback which Russ will never be. His offenses are built on timing and route running and Russ likes to improvise and scramble and those two things just don't mix.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys crack me up, you are under the assumption that Sean Payton isn't an idiot now. He's never been a one back guy anyway and has already claims that like 6 different guys in that offense are his "joker" like Alvin Kamara. He clearly should have stayed in the booth because he doesn't know what the hell he's doing without Drew Brees as his quarterback which Russ will never be. His offenses are built on timing and route running and Russ likes to improvise and scramble and those two things just don't mix.
well I wouldn't argue any of those points.

I only cling to the reality of McLaughlin looking like the better producer of the RB's thus far. Or at least what I perceive that reality of being.

Sean Payton certainly hasn't impressed me all that much, but granted, he does have a dumpster fire to work with, so going in I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for about half the year until he figured out exactly what he has and what he doesn't before real roles were truly defined in that offense

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I wouldn't argue any of those points.

I only cling to the reality of McLaughlin looking like the better producer of the RB's thus far. Or at least what I perceive that reality of being.

Sean Payton certainly hasn't impressed me all that much, but granted, he does have a dumpster fire to work with, so going in I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for about half the year until he figured out exactly what he has and what he doesn't before real roles were truly defined in that offense
That's true, but he willingly came into this dumpster fire and thought he could turn it around. I don't know if maybe he thought he could get more out of Russ or what, but he looks completely lost on that sideline right now.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, but he willingly came into this dumpster fire and thought he could turn it around. I don't know if maybe he thought he could get more out of Russ or what, but he looks completely lost on that sideline right now.
Shockingly RW is on pace for something like 4k, 40 and 9... he's definitely gotten more out of Russ, but it aint translating to results

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1696366479655.png

I demand that the NFL drug test Sean Payton, maybe send him in for an eye exam and cognitive test while we're at it

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 342146

I demand that the NFL drug test Sean Payton, maybe send him in for an eye exam and cognitive test while we're at it
Well, how did he compare them? "Brees is better" is comparing Russell Wilson to Drew Brees.

So is, "They're about the same height."

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, how did he compare them? "Brees is better" is comparing Russell Wilson to Drew Brees.

So is, "They're about the same height."
Haha

Wilson is much shorter. Payton isn't even 6 ft and Wilson is shorter in his helmet. Lol