• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fan Grades so far for the Seahawks

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the draft is not over and we all know how PC and JS do in late rounds BUT we also know there is a very good chance and most if not all the players selected in the 5,6 and 7th do not make the team.

I would say just from my point of view that the Hawks have a C- grade. Not a great draft but they added bodies where they were needed ( WR, OL and DL ) so far. They did not find a stud in the first or second round but they found some uniquely talented players with that "something special" in their DNA. This is how PC and JS have always did it.

C-

I worry about this teams ability to draft Olineman. I say this because they have skipped higher ranked players for people that we all just scratch our head at. They have yet to hit when they have done this. Cable's "Guys" have hurt this team more than helped.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Seahawks have had a high draft grade by anyone since 2010. The Seahawks make strange selections, some don't work out and others end up being absolutely terrific selections.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really do not care what other people say that are supposed to "know" if you get my meaning. I want to know what the Fans think. The draft pundit's have always been pretty wrong about our supposed grades but how does everyone as true Seahawks fans feel so far?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't done enough to address their biggest need over the offseason which was the Oline. For that reason I couldn't give them an A, but they have picked up some solid guys that could contribute this year. I'd have to give them a B so far because of it.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give the Seahawks a B-.

I'm not worried about the O-Line as some are. Because of the salary cap, there will be some decent guys being let go from their teams after the draft. We sign them up for a one year deal (for cheap) and start the 2014 season. As we all know, our grades and what the experts say mean nothing. Pete & John have proven us all to be the fools in the end.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the draft is not over and we all know how PC and JS do in late rounds BUT we also know there is a very good chance and most if not all the players selected in the 5,6 and 7th do not make the team.

I would say just from my point of view that the Hawks have a C- grade. Not a great draft but they added bodies where they were needed ( WR, OL and DL ) so far. They did not find a stud in the first or second round but they found some uniquely talented players with that "something special" in their DNA. This is how PC and JS have always did it.

C-

I worry about this teams ability to draft Olineman. I say this because they have skipped higher ranked players for people that we all just scratch our head at. They have yet to hit when they have done this. Cable's "Guys" have hurt this team more than helped.

I agree with you. Wish the Seahawks would quit using Cable to evaluate OL in the draft. Cable only likes one flavor when it comes to OL, big tough guys, who usually are not great pass blockers. Need OL who can protect RW.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing this franchise could do is fire Cable IMO. He has done nothing good since he's gotten here. Okung and Unger were not part of his regime (Okung was so blatantly obvious a pick, please) and every other O Lineman we've taken has been mediocre or crappy.

If Britt fails to START and START WELL this year then F off Cable. Our O-Line is so thin that he should be able to do that. Whatever, I'm glad Wilson hasn't signed something huge yet because I'll be shocked if he's not injured next year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing this franchise could do is fire Cable IMO. He has done nothing good since he's gotten here. Okung and Unger were not part of his regime (Okung was so blatantly obvious a pick, please) and every other O Lineman we've taken has been mediocre or crappy.

If Britt fails to START and START WELL this year then F off Cable. Our O-Line is so thin that he should be able to do that. Whatever, I'm glad Wilson hasn't signed something huge yet because I'll be shocked if he's not injured next year.

He knows how to coach them, just doesn't know how to evaluate them in the draft. I say just quit using his input when it comes to picking OL in the draft.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last few picks did not change anything for me C- grade at best. To many reaches when there were better option on the board and the fact that Oline pretty much got ignored with 2 picks. One very late and the other a reach on someone that i think could have a hard time beating out Carpenter.

Going into this draft i so wanted Oline help for Russel Wilson. Coming out of the Draft i So want Oline Help for Russel Wilson still.

Well at least they Didn't draft a DT to try and convert to OLine again. Or did they?

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing this franchise could do is fire Cable IMO. He has done nothing good since he's gotten here.

You obviously don't remember what the Oline was like before Cable arrived. I do. It stunk up the joint.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously don't remember what the Oline was like before Cable arrived. I do. It stunk up the joint.

his olines have not been much better than the ones before he arrived. Even with a mobile QB the sack numbers have been around the same. Thing is i do not think we have as much talent now than we did before he was here so his coaching of lesser players has been good we just have a lack of oline talent.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give this draft a C+ right now. I can only assume that the guys we got are the guys we wanted. I would have given a higher grade but our second 2nd round pick seems like a guy we could have traded down a little more and still been able to draft

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early to tell. But I'd give them a solid B right now because going into this thing, most identified WR and Oline as two biggest needs and we did draft with those positions in mind.

I like the Richardson and Norwood picks a lot. Huge boost to the WR corps.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also give them a B, which improves to an A if they hit on the O-line picks. Overall I'm pleased with the draft, and I love the UDFA additions as well.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For everyone that is mad that the o line wasnt addressed better, I take it as they are extremely on guys like Michael Bowie and Alvin Bailey. I think we just need to wait and see how it plays out.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B-

because they didnt address OL

Love the Richardson Pick. As well as the Pierre Louis Pick

Y in the Bloody hell did we draft a S?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this draft has a lot of potential. For sure they added speed to the roster, but I don't think they did enough to address the OL, so like Fudge I give it a B-, if Britt turns out to good, A-.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They turned six picks into nine and got Pryor with this draft class and a slew of UDFAs, I am good with it this is what our front office does with success bring guys in to compete for a spot.

A++

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally we won't know the true grade of the draft till 3 years down the line, so with that in mind i'll go with a B on the early draft grade.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look at name recognition and these so called expert's analysis of players you will always come away disappointed in a Seahawk's draft (Pete/Schneider era)

What you have to do is look at the attributes and skill sets that these particular players could bring to the table for our team and the specific roles that they could play on our team this upcoming year and the years moving forward

Certain players are "graded" low because their all around game is not yet up to par. For example, Eric Pinkins is graded very low league wide because he's very raw all around. However, the Seahawks are only drafting him for his one particular skill set and that's his size, length and strength to play the corner position.

On any other team he would be a below average corner/safety, but on our team with Earl roaming and our pass rush he can be a very good press corner like Brandon Browner was (except faster). So while he may not be a good pick for 31 other teams he's a great pick for us

And that goes with so many of our picks. Sure there were other "names" on the board that I would have rather had, but I'm confident that Pete knows what he wants for the team more than I do