• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons game

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see other fans talking crap on here hardly ever. There is one Falcon fan on this thread but you can tell he's young. Eagles fans aren't the type to pound their chest. We are called Negadelphians for a reason. We are expecting a melt down. And there not one post talking SB on the Eagles section. Not one.
Even though I haven't posted in a while, I still read this board and see visitors almost every week. I saw Packer fans here the week we played them. And over the years before all the bans, trolls would live here. As was the case on ESPN. And then there's you who lives here. So please spare me your shit and this is my last response to you, because this won't become a 500 post thread.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo was great, but he didn't carry teams like say, Peyton did. I'm sorry. When somebody says Romo was carrying bad teams, I just disagree. We never made the playoffs when Romo was on a bad team and lost a lot of elimination games that he played a part in us losing.

Peyton Manning is a top 5 Qb of all time, top 1 to some. I thought Peyton was great. He never had to carry a bad team though. Sure he made a good team great but he also had a few gold jackets playing with him. Romo was not Peyton I agree, but to say he didn't carry this team - I strongly disagree. Look I think Dak is a good young Qb, who doesn't make mistakes by putting balls in iffy situations. I wish the Romo/ Dak debate would go away. Us Romo guys don't like to see him bashed or talked down about. It makes us think back to last year and wonder if Cousins doesn't throw that INT in Washington at the end or Philly not choke the game away in Dallas or Minnesota actually have an offense, would Dak still be starting now??? For the Pro Dak guys- he never makes mistakes. He had more passes dropped than anyone. The odd thing about the Atl game was I once saw a game pretty close to it. The Minnesota game in 2009. The Philly game in 2008. Romo took a damn beating. I don't remember the OLine getting blamed. It was all Romo. That's ok too. I have seen people talk about Nugent missing the FG. I haven't seen anyone say Dak fumbled before half in FG range.

Call it the way you want too. Us Romo guys were given a bitter pill to swallow. It's up to us to do it. I get that. To hear him get bashed by Deion- Dak says hi- is bad enough. Hearing it from Cowboy fans too is just bull shit.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning is a top 5 Qb of all time, top 1 to some. I thought Peyton was great. He never had to carry a bad team though. Sure he made a good team great but he also had a few gold jackets playing with him. Romo was not Peyton I agree, but to say he didn't carry this team - I strongly disagree. Look I think Dak is a good young Qb, who doesn't make mistakes by putting balls in iffy situations. I wish the Romo/ Dak debate would go away. Us Romo guys don't like to see him bashed or talked down about. It makes us think back to last year and wonder if Cousins doesn't throw that INT in Washington at the end or Philly not choke the game away in Dallas or Minnesota actually have an offense, would Dak still be starting now??? For the Pro Dak guys- he never makes mistakes. He had more passes dropped than anyone. The odd thing about the Atl game was I once saw a game pretty close to it. The Minnesota game in 2009. The Philly game in 2008. Romo took a damn beating. I don't remember the OLine getting blamed. It was all Romo. That's ok too. I have seen people talk about Nugent missing the FG. I haven't seen anyone say Dak fumbled before half in FG range.

Call it the way you want too. Us Romo guys were given a bitter pill to swallow. It's up to us to do it. I get that. To hear him get bashed by Deion- Dak says hi- is bad enough. Hearing it from Cowboy fans too is just bull shit.
Did you read the first 3 words of the post you quoted? They were: "Romo was great"

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And???? What is the fourth word?? Why try to justify something?

Nothing he said justifies Romo being great. It was almost like he was trying to prove he was not. That's cool too.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statement #1: Romo was great
I'm guessing you didn't argue this one:noidea:. Technically Romo wasn't great, he was good. But that one's OK.

Statement #2: but he didn't carry teams like say, Peyton did. I'm sorry.
Does any Football fan disagree that Peyton was better and carried teams more than Romo? He was just better. Peyton leaves and they won 2 games. Peyton was on some horrible Colts teams with some horrible OLs and defenses and had them in contention most years. Peyton was one of the greatest QBs ever. Not a knock on Romo.

Statement #3: When somebody says Romo was carrying bad teams, I just disagree. We never made the playoffs when Romo was on a bad team and lost a lot of elimination games that he played a part in us losing.

Is this factually incorrect? I guess It's hard to talk about "never made the playoffs when Romo was on a bad team" because when you have a good record you look like a good team and when you don't you look like a bad team and teams with bad records don't make the playoffs, but I think it is an accurate statement and it's not a knock on Romo. Did Romo play a part in us losing some elimination games? Again, of course he did. The whole team did.

I don't get why this is still being discussed. Who cares? Maybe Andre Holmes would have made a big play for us if he was still here. Romo isn't here and if he was here last week and playing he would have been taken to the emergency room. To quote Gene Hackman: "My team is on the floor".

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you didn't argue this one:noidea:. Technically Romo wasn't great, he was good. But that one's OK.

Does any Football fan disagree that Peyton was better and carried teams more than Romo? He was just better. Peyton leaves and they won 2 games. Peyton was on some horrible Colts teams with some horrible OLs and defenses and had them in contention most years. Peyton was one of the greatest QBs ever. Not a knock on Romo.

Statement #3: When somebody says Romo was carrying bad teams, I just disagree. We never made the playoffs when Romo was on a bad team and lost a lot of elimination games that he played a part in us losing.

Is this factually incorrect? I guess It's hard to talk about "never made the playoffs when Romo was on a bad team" because when you have a good record you look like a good team and when you don't you look like a bad team and teams with bad records don't make the playoffs, but I think it is an accurate statement and it's not a knock on Romo. Did Romo play a part in us losing some elimination games? Again, of course he did. The whole team did.

I don't get why this is still being discussed. Who cares? Maybe Andre Holmes would have made a big play for us if he was still here. Romo isn't here and if he was here last week and playing he would have been taken to the emergency room. To quote Gene Hackman: "My team is on the floor".

Did I bring him up?? No.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Statement 1- Have you ever seen a "great" or "good" Qb not carry his team. I've never seen it. So IMO if you are considered great or good at QB, you probably carried your team to a better season.

Statement 2- Not sure how Mannings name ever got thrown into this, but to say he was on horrible teams? His rookie year maybe. His defense played with an offense that ripped up and down the field. It wasn't the 3-4 yards a pop kind that cared about Time of Possession. Freeney, Mathis Sanders all pretty good players there. Manning leaves and they won 2?? Did we win a game in 2015 w/o Romo? No because the backups were terrible, just like the Colts.

Statement 3- I covered that in statement 1.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good day. I'm not going down this rabbit hole again. Tony Romo is an tv personality not a Football player.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was it Witten said- I know people need exact words on here sometimes so I'm not gonna quote. It was something to the effect of with Tony, we knew we always had a chance. I have to admit, I think he started 127 games. With the exception of his first start at Carolina, I always thought we had a shot.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good day. I'm not going down this rabbit hole again. Tony Romo is an tv personality not a Football player.

U think I want to?? I ignore plenty of Romo shots on here. Sometimes though you have to stand up to the BS

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statement 1- Have you ever seen a "great" or "good" Qb not carry his team. I've never seen it. So IMO if you are considered great or good at QB, you probably carried your team to a better season.

Statement 2- Not sure how Mannings name ever got thrown into this, but to say he was on horrible teams? His rookie year maybe. His defense played with an offense that ripped up and down the field. It wasn't the 3-4 yards a pop kind that cared about Time of Possession. Freeney, Mathis Sanders all pretty good players there. Manning leaves and they won 2?? Did we win a game in 2015 w/o Romo? No because the backups were terrible, just like the Colts.

Statement 3- I covered that in statement 1.
For the record Tony did carry our teams. He never really had a playoff team under him. When we made playoffs it was basically because of him. So I also disagree with the other posters that think Romo didnt carry our team.

But please. The Colts without Manning flat out sucked! That guy flat out carried his team to a Superbowl Championship! So to compare Romo to manning as far as carrying a team. Completely unfair & proves nothing (for the other poster) No one carried their team like Manning did!
But RTO please stop trying to convince anyone Manning had good teams under him. All their successes were from Manning. Even Running, Defenses (playing with leads) everything. He is probably the smartest QB to ever play the game!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record Tony did carry our teams. He never really had a playoff team under him. When we made playoffs it was basically because of him. So I also disagree with the other posters that think Romo didnt carry our team.

But please. The Colts without Manning flat out sucked! That guy flat out carried his team to a Superbowl Championship! So to compare Romo to manning as far as carrying a team. Completely unfair & proves nothing (for the other poster) No one carried their team like Manning did!
But RTO please stop trying to convince anyone Manning had good teams under him. All their successes were from Manning. Even Running, Defenses (playing with leads) everything. He is probably the smartest QB to ever play the game!

Lol. Again I never brought him up. To me, Peyton is the best of all time. Since "I" said that, he will be 10th by the end of the day. Manning did have good teams though. Sure he was great but you don't win 12-13 games a yr just because you have a good Qb. Now maybe he made James, Harrison, Wayne, and Saturday future Hall of Famers , possibly.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hackman (Norman Dale) wouldn't have been stuck at Hickory with 7 players if he would not have hit that kid in Ithaca.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I haven't posted in a while, I still read this board and see visitors almost every week. I saw Packer fans here the week we played them. And over the years before all the bans, trolls would live here. As was the case on ESPN. And then there's you who lives here. So please spare me your shit and this is my last response to you, because this won't become a 500 post thread.

I hope Dallas wins Sunday. You guys are so cranky after a loss. It's a freaking message board. Who gives a crap if a Packer fan posts something
Does it really matter... at all?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Dallas wins Sunday. You guys are so cranky after a loss. It's a freaking message board. Who gives a crap if a Packer fan posts something

No you do not hope Dallas wins Sunday. Maybe the coin toss, but that's it

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSA - You can't come on here acting like an ass and then complain when people aren't all warm and fuzzy to you and pretend it's them:noidea:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSA - You can't come on here acting like an ass and then complain when people aren't all warm and fuzzy to you and pretend it's them:noidea:

What have I said to act like an ass? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

1. That's true Dak is FANTASTIC at eluding the rush and brushing it off but you have to admit, 10 sacks in the previous 8 games means he is protected phenomenally.

2. I didn't know this was year 3. That is concerning. Vatai wad a rookie so I see your point.

3. I didn't see other fans talking crap on here hardly ever. There is one Falcon fan on this thread but you can tell he's young. Eagles fans aren't the type to pound their chest. We are called Negadelphians for a reason. We are expecting a melt down. And there not one post talking SB on the Eagles section. Not one.

4. I domt. The Hoops Eagle page is dead. I go to their official one which happens to be fantastic. 1000's of posters... not 5

5. Of course he is. He won a SB and should have 2 rings. None of these new wave of young QBs are better then him.