• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ezekiel Elliott

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....you got it all figured out and all because Dallas drafted a RB.

as to the bolded....what do you know about the Dallas defense besides what the talking heads are saying on ESPN or the NFL network? What were those same talking heads saying going in to 2014 following the worst defense in history following 2013? Laugh it up. Nothing worse than opinion based on an opinion

Right... it's all opinion, not sure why you're getting so butt hurt over it.

Fact of the matter is... Dallas has more holes on defense than offense. When premium defensive players were available in this draft, it was a head scratcher, especially considering that Elliott (we'll see how he actually plays, but simply as a PROSPECT) is inferior to Fournette/Gurley/Peterson, etc. He just doesn't have the injury concerns 2/3 had.

In addition to taking a RB top 5 which is one of the lowest priorities in today's league since runningbacks grow on trees (and subsequently fall off them the quickest of any position) they take a LBer who while SHOULD be elite IF he recovers from a HUGE injury is out the entire year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas did pretty well in seattle that year. You haven't a clue but least we know you're here

Congrats on that regular season victory. Too bad you guys were irrelevant come playoff time, failing to even make the conference championships and needing refs to bail you out against the Lions. Thanks for proving my point :)

Look I like Elliott... if the Cowboys had traded down and gotten him around 10 or 11-15 then great.. but spending a top 5 pick (when defensive help is available, and MUCH better prospects talent wise at the positions) on a runningback who doesn't project as well as Peterson/Gurley/Fournette is borderline insane.

I'm sure Elliott will rush well behind Dallas' ridiculous line... so would've basically every other runningback taken in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. Meanwhile... once you run into an elite D with an okay offense... the Boys' offense will be limited and your pedestrian defense will allow the other team to either win it outright or easily stick around to win the game.

And then to take a LBer who will be out at a year and may never return to form... just don't get it... could've taken someone like Reed (Seattle's 2nd pick) who is the best run stuffing prospect to come out of college in a while to help Dallas' bottom 10 rush defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but if you think the seals are about to blow in that 500hp engine you replace them.
Trust me most of us wanted D in this draft, but Elliott was probably the safest pick, and you don't draft just for this year you draft for the future. McFadden proved me wrong, and he deserves the shot at starting in 16, but I'd still be concerned about him duplicating 2015.
The one player I didn't want at 4 was Bosa.

I don't think any pick is the safest pick though, you just never know for sure how a guy will pan out at the next level...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right... it's all opinion, not sure why you're getting so butt hurt over it.

Fact of the matter is... Dallas has more holes on defense than offense. When premium defensive players were available in this draft, it was a head scratcher, especially considering that Elliott (we'll see how he actually plays, but simply as a PROSPECT) is inferior to Fournette/Gurley/Peterson, etc. He just doesn't have the injury concerns 2/3 had.

In addition to taking a RB top 5 which is one of the lowest priorities in today's league since runningbacks grow on trees (and subsequently fall of them the quickest of any position) they take a LBer who while SHOULD be elite IF he recovers from a HUGE injury is out the entire year.
I'm not butt hurt and I wanted Ramsey. I understand this team see's itself as the 2014 version of 12-4 and not the 2015, 4-12 team....I don't know while you seem so sure.

You are an opinion based on opinions since you think RB's grow on trees.

but hey....according to you,
"Elliott (we'll see how he actually plays, but simply as a PROSPECT) is inferior to Fournette/Gurley/Peterson, etc. He just doesn't have the injury concerns 2/3 had"

no sir, not butt hurt at all.
You have your mind made up, you know what you are saying. I just disagree

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on that regular season victory. Too bad you guys were irrelevant come playoff time, failing to even make the conference championships and needing refs to bail you out against the Lions. Thanks for proving my point :)
lol.....walk tall Mr. Football
You haven't a clue as to who proved who's point

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not butt hurt and I wanted Ramsey. I understand this team see's itself as the 2014 version of 12-4 and not the 2015, 4-12 team....I don't know while you seem so sure.

You are an opinion based on opinions since you think RB's grow on trees.

but hey....according to you,
"Elliott (we'll see how he actually plays, but simply as a PROSPECT) is inferior to Fournette/Gurley/Peterson, etc. He just doesn't have the injury concerns 2/3 had"

no sir, not butt hurt at all.
You have your mind made up, you know what you are saying. I just disagree

Eh fair enough. I can accept that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agreed. I didn't get Elliott at all.....
Until you get roflstomped by the 3 elite defenses in the NFC... Seattle/Zona/Carolina. Defense wins Championships... always been that way.

Dallas should not be expecting to be SB champs. 4-12 last year - going to the playoffs sounds great.
As far as getting stomped by Seattle? Do you really think 10 points is going to win many playoff games this year?
It was not defense that got your 1 win last year - it was a missed FG - remember?
LOL at the worst OL in NFL talking about stomping the "worst secondary"

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas should not be expecting to be SB champs. 4-12 last year - going to the playoffs sounds great.
As far as getting stomped by Seattle? Do you really think 10 points is going to win many playoff games this year?
It was not defense that got your 1 win last year - it was a missed FG - remember?
LOL at the worst OL in NFL talking about stomping the "worst secondary"

If you hold the opposition to 9, yes.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is true....these guys are human....could get hit by a bus on his way in to work

lol, well you know... I wasn't thinking that dramatic ... I was thinking about Curry our 4th overall pick who was the safest and most sure pick in the draft by all the experts back in 09, ... He never got hit by a bus but he sure couldn't play football very well...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, well you know... I wasn't thinking that dramatic ... I was thinking about Curry our 4th overall pick who was the safest and most sure pick in the draft by all the experts back in 09, ... He never got hit by a bus but he sure couldn't play football very well...

Yeah. Currys name rings out loud and clear to me whenever I hear people talking about "safe" draft picks.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you make excuses for him and what the Hell does it being a slant have to do with it? You still need to be aware of who is where and being a slant doesn't absolve him of his responsibilities as a QB. If you don't have another down you throw it, but in no way at all do you throw that ball. He needs to recognize the traffic, the defender closing and throw it away or run. You need to be almost 100% sure in that situation that no one else can catch the ball. That play was the biggest choke in the history of football and I don't think any others are close.

What does a slant have to do with it? Really? C'mon now, you seem like a smart poster. Answer your own question.

I gave you a hint with the bolded.

You're nearly there.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See now you're 75% there.
I said from the first post the play call wasn't on Wilson, so no clue what you are getting at there.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said from the first post the play call wasn't on Wilson, so no clue what you are getting at there.

You said Wilson choked. On a play where the only 'read' available to him was a pre-snap read. Where the pre-snap read WAS that the slant should be safe (the Pats were in their jumbo pkg to stop the run) Where it wasn't his decision to call the play.

And yet Wilson choked.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson choked by throwing the pass instead of throwing it away. Pre-snap reads are to survey the field but all they give you is an idea of what the defense may be doing. They don't tell you exactly what is going to happen. If he made up his mind pre-snap then shame on him. What if his recover fell? What if they shifted before the snap? What if a lineman takes one step back? The read told him it SHOULD be safe, but his job isn't over yet. You NEVER try a pass in the end zone that there is risk of an interception because it is the easiest place on the field to throw the ball away. He should have given up on the down. That decision cost him, his team and you fans another Super Bowl. The fact that the play call was idiotic doesn't really come into play. Yes, biggest choke in history. Very few choke jobs directly cost their team a Super Bowl. Many others were huge plays but because this was literally about the last play it was just huge. Doesn't mean he isn't a good QB, but you need to be objective. You sound like a Pats fan defending Brady

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: At a Cowboy fan taking about a QB choking.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think like a Ram fan.

You are much more likely to win a race with 500HP and rusted floorboards
Dallas is going straight to the playoffs with Ezekiel Elliot as the "supercharger"
What are the odds that the Rams get better than 3rd in NFCW?????

If you can't steer or stop, the small boost you get from that supercharger isn't going to get you to the next race. You will be off the end of the track smashed.

Balanced teams are much more effective than one dimensional teams. In this day and age, how many run-dominant teams with no defense have won championships?

What the hell does thinking like a Ram fan mean, especially in this context? The Rams were the last team to draft a (ROY) RB early in the 1st, even though they had drafted a solid RB in Tre Mason in the 3rd round the year prior. The Rams in fact spent nearly their whole rest of their draft building OL depth behind Gurley. He was very good, and they ended up with the same record anyway because of other known shortcomings (namely QB).

The Cowboys problem last year was not their running game. It was their frail QB situation and defense.

The Rams have attacked their offensive weaknesses in this draft by spending big on the best QB in the draft and getting the best targets available for him with what was left of their picks. They can't help being in a division with teams that have been in the last five NFC championships (and 3 of 4 superbowls).

Last edited: