• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ezekiel Elliott

Danny Ocho

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Ezekiel Elliott's playing in his rookie season, is unbelievable. He's shredding defensive lines like he's been in the league for awhile. Plus, you gotta give the Cowboys offensive their dues for opening holes for Elliott and protecting Prescott from getting sacked.

Jerry Jones should be thankful for making that decision on drafting both guys. If he hadn't made those decisions, the team would have not been as successful as they are right now.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have arguably the best O-line of all-time in front of you. It's a little more than a 1/3. I'm not denying that Zeke is tremendously gifted, which is what allows him to excel, as opposed to just being competent.

However, a lot of backs in the league would be pro bowlers running behind that line. Quite a good handful.

I hear what you're saying, I just think people underestimate the talent of the RB because of the o-line.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you're saying, I just think people underestimate the talent of the RB because of the o-line.
I'd say the line makes Zeke and Dak better, Zeke makes the line, Dak and the receivers better, Dak makes Zeke and the receivers better, and the receivers make Dak and Zeke better. There isn't many weak spots in that offense.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have arguably the best O-line of all-time in front of you. It's a little more than a 1/3. I'm not denying that Zeke is tremendously gifted, which is what allows him to excel, as opposed to just being competent.

However, a lot of backs in the league would be pro bowlers running behind that line. Quite a good handful.

Here's the thing. What killed the Cowboys last year was the inability to convert third and short. Even with that monster offensive line they didn't have someone who could pick out the tiniest of holes and squirt it through for two yards. That is where Zeke shines and it is a part of the huge turn around of the Cowboys this year. Oline or not you gotta have a RB that can grind out the tough yards.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the line makes Zeke and Dak better, Zeke makes the line, Dak and the receivers better, Dak makes Zeke and the receivers better, and the receivers make Dak and Zeke better. There isn't many weak spots in that offense.

It's tough sledding for the opposing D's with weapons all over the field.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough sledding for the opposing D's with weapons all over the field.
Exactly, and Dak has shown the willingness to take what the D gives him. He isn't forcing bad passes, and is more than willing to just feed Zeke if the D is playing pass. The guys are young and at least not as of now ME guys. Even Dez isn't being a ME guy. The Dallas D has issues and may be their downfall, but there is talant there, two or three pieces and the whole team is dangerous and young.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't say A LOT of RB's would but a handful but to have a MVP type of season in his ROOKIE year. It isn't just his vision and explosiveness, it is everything. He is a solid blocker and protects Dak well at times while being a huge threat coming out of the backfield. When I was watching him at Ohio St he was one of the best I ever saw at catching the ball and being in perfect position to run upfield. He has always been a downhill runner and that is one of the most important things for a RB in this league, it helps having some the best hands too. I think I only saw him drop one or two flat out drops coming out of the backfield in college.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, and Dak has shown the willingness to take what the D gives him. He isn't forcing bad passes, and is more than willing to just feed Zeke if the D is playing pass. The guys are young and at least not as of now ME guys. Even Dez isn't being a ME guy. The Dallas D has issues and may be their downfall, but there is talant there, two or three pieces and the whole team is dangerous and young.

I do like what Dak brings to the table. Reminds me of RW as a rookie but Dak with better numbers. The window of SB runs is wide open for many years. Like I said in the past I look forward to the Dak vs Weintz rivalry when the Eagles provide him with talent.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing. What killed the Cowboys last year was the inability to convert third and short. Even with that monster offensive line they didn't have someone who could pick out the tiniest of holes and squirt it through for two yards. That is where Zeke shines and it is a part of the huge turn around of the Cowboys this year. Oline or not you gotta have a RB that can grind out the tough yards.

McFadden did just fine. It was the lack of anything remotely resembling a quarterback that killed them.

dawsonscreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bargain has a chance to become the best rb ever

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some funny comments on how Dallas screwed up taking Elliott in this thread...The best was the 'Bordering on insane' one. goes to show that none of us has a crystal ball and those that said the pick was dumb based on the position and nothing else just don't understand football the way they think they do. I don't care if the guy is a NT. If you think he is a once in a generation type player, you take him. Dallas drafted Elliott, not Trent Richardson. Yet some want to point out what "most" RBs do and ignore what Dallas felt Elliott would do which is all that matters when picking #4. I wanted Ramsey, but very glad Dallas went this way as of today...
i think with your line you could of taken a rb off the street and he be successful, see dmac last year...........is elliot an upgrade yes, but could an upgrade have been gotten in a later round, yes

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think with your line you could of taken a rb off the street and he be successful, see dmac last year...........is elliot an upgrade yes, but could an upgrade have been gotten in a later round, yes

I will eat crow about Zeke, I hated the pick. Now I love it. It would have been worse if we had traded back and ended up with Lynch and another RB like Henry. Granted Henry would be able to do well behind this OL, but he isn't as complete as Zeke is.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will eat crow about Zeke, I hated the pick. Now I love it. It would have been worse if we had traded back and ended up with Lynch and another RB like Henry. Granted Henry would be able to do well behind this OL, but he isn't as complete as Zeke is.

no hes not. Im not saying zeke isnt good either. I just am merely saying that at pick 4, i think i would have not taken a rb. That with THAT o-line, you can find many rb's who would do 1400-1500 yards, is elliot a big upgrade yes, absolutely. Did it work out for the cowboys, hell yeah. If your front office thought he was your guy, you go get him period.