• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ezekiel Elliott

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess this is the best post I can find about why Dak is the ROY and considered highly for the MVP.

I gotta agree with you. The RB has been good but that QB totally turned your season around. As we saw last year when Romo went down they were in trouble.

What a great guy Tony Romo is and he showed it with his comments when he returned.. I have always felt that way. As hard as this is to admit I secretely wanted him to do well to shut up his critics, still think like with McNab in Philly he was never appreciated in Dallas enough.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta agree with you. The RB has been good but that QB totally turned your season around. As we saw last year when Romo went down they were in trouble.

What a great guy Tony Romo is and he showed it with his comments when he returned.. I have always felt that way. As hard as this is to admit I secretely wanted him to do well to shut up his critics, still think like with McNab in Philly he was never appreciated in Dallas enough.
By many no, but in the flip side many of us (me included) some more than others love Romo. No proof but I'm sure theres a few wishing for a Dak injury.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By many no, but in the flip side many of us (me included) some more than others love Romo. No proof but I'm sure theres a few wishing for a Dak injury.

Yeah and I'm sure there are still some fans here who still think Robert Griffin got screwed. Tehre are idiots everywhere, just Google the woman who went ape shit at the Michaels store in Chicago.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some funny comments on how Dallas screwed up taking Elliott in this thread...The best was the 'Bordering on insane' one. goes to show that none of us has a crystal ball and those that said the pick was dumb based on the position and nothing else just don't understand football the way they think they do. I don't care if the guy is a NT. If you think he is a once in a generation type player, you take him. Dallas drafted Elliott, not Trent Richardson. Yet some want to point out what "most" RBs do and ignore what Dallas felt Elliott would do which is all that matters when picking #4. I wanted Ramsey, but very glad Dallas went this way as of today...

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really believe Elliott was a once in a generation type of player then God bless you son. I thought it was a little high considering how it's been proven you can find good talent later in the draft but nobody should be calling it a mistake at this point

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really believe Elliott was a once in a generation type of player then God bless you son. I thought it was a little high considering how it's been proven you can find good talent later in the draft but nobody should be calling it a mistake at this point
I did not think that and stated my personal preference was Ramsey. Clearly I was wrong and it seems he is just that.

The point I was making is that the DALLAS COWBOYS felt that and said as much after drafting him and before even seeing him put on a uniform. So based on their scouting report and their thoughts on how good he would be, they would have been dumb to pass on him. Now after the fact they were proven correct, but that isn't really even the point. I'm not sure if you understood what I was actually saying or not, but I think if you reread what I wrote you will. You don't pass on a RB that you think will be a great player at #4 just because some fans or draft gurus disagree or because other teams drafted a bust at the same position early on a few years prior. If you think you have a chance to get a great player at an impact position you take him and right or wrong that is what the Cowboys thought he was. Trent Richardson and Elliott are two different people and should be treated as such.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not think that and stated my personal preference was Ramsey. Clearly I was wrong and it seems he is just that.

The point I was making is that the DALLAS COWBOYS felt that and said as much after drafting him and before even seeing him put on a uniform. So based on their scouting report and their thoughts on how good he would be, they would have been dumb to pass on him. Now after the fact they were proven correct, but that isn't really even the point. I'm not sure if you understood what I was actually saying or not, but I think if you reread what I wrote you will. You don't pass on a RB that you think will be a great player at #4 just because some fans or draft gurus disagree or because other teams drafted a bust at the same position early on a few years prior. If you think you have a chance to get a great player at an impact position you take him and right or wrong that is what the Cowboys thought he was. Trent Richardson and Elliott are two different people and should be treated as such.

I see what you are saying now, you are saying if the team thought he was a once in a generation player you take him. But that's still a bit over the top. Taking a running back high is not the same as believing he is a once in a generation player so I think you were a bit off in that assumption.

Whatever, bottom line is it looked to be the right move at the right time for that team.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke will suffer the fate of Emmitt, if he's lucky. If he turns out to be a great RB he will never get his due respect because people will say that it was just his OL that got him where he is. And some spare that bounces in the hole and loses 50 yards a game will end up being called better.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke will suffer the fate of Emmitt, if he's lucky. If he turns out to be a great RB he will never get his due respect because people will say that it was just his OL that got him where he is. And some spare that bounces in the hole and loses 50 yards a game will end up being called better.
People always talk about how Barry Sanders would have gained 2000 a year with the Cowboys, and maybe he would have...but I don't think the team would have won 3 of 4. Emmitts YPC was probably a full yard less than it could have been if he weren't slamming into a 9 man front on every 3rd and 1, 4th and 1 or Goal to go. The team's ball control style also wouldn't work when being in 2nd and 14 several times to get to one 80 yard run. And I sure don't know if Barry goes in to the 2nd half of a do or die with the Giants with a separated shoulder. What I do know is one of the greatest teams of the last 30 years played two games without him during his holdout....and went 0-2

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I sure don't know if Barry goes in to the 2nd half of a do or die with the Giants with a separated shoulder.
That was the crowning moment for me with emmitt

After every Carry his arm was limp he gained 168 yards and had 10 catches one of the toughest performances I have ever seen

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate that argument. Still have to run the ball, evade tacklers and block defenders. Zeke has a long way to go to catch Emmit but I thought Emmit was always one of the best to play.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that argument. Still have to run the ball, evade tacklers and block defenders. Zeke has a long way to go but I thought Emmit was always one of the best to play.

Yes, but it makes the job a HELL of a lot easier. Let's be honest.

There's a reason DeMarco Murray has looked like a hall of fame RB in Dallas and Tennessee. While he was a train wreck in Philly.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By many no, but in the flip side many of us (me included) some more than others love Romo. No proof but I'm sure there's a few wishing for a Dak injury.
Anyone wishing for a Dak injury isn't a Cowboys fan in my opinion.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but it makes the job a HELL of a lot easier. Let's be honest.

There's a reason DeMarco Murray has looked like a hall of fame RB in Dallas and Tennessee. While he was a train wreck in Philly.

The o-line is 1/3 success for a RB. The other 2/3's is part of his football IQ and talent.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that argument. Still have to run the ball, evade tacklers and block defenders. Zeke has a long way to go to catch Emmit but I thought Emmit was always one of the best to play.
Emmit rarely fumbled and was a steady presence on offense.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The o-line is 1/3 success for a RB. The other 2/3's is part of his football IQ and talent.

When you have arguably the best O-line of all-time in front of you. It's a little more than a 1/3. I'm not denying that Zeke is tremendously gifted, which is what allows him to excel, as opposed to just being competent.

However, a lot of backs in the league would be pro bowlers running behind that line. Quite a good handful.