• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

extra point eliminated

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a play which accounts for like a combined 3 minutes of the game gets all this attention but putting a cameras right down the goal line gets brushed aside. That makes sense in the NFL world I guess.

Getting rid of the extra point doesn't cost them a dime. More cameras is a significant expense. So obviously putting more cameras where they should be merits "more study". I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone else said the PAT was the icing on a score and was enjoyable for that alone

They could make it harder and I'm sure the score will survive without it but its still a shame.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of the extra point doesn't cost them a dime. More cameras is a significant expense. So obviously putting more cameras where they should be merits "more study". I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

I know. Incurring the cost of thousands of dollars per game on a league that's so hard up for money definitely needs some further thought.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that wants to get rid of the extra point is a moron.

If these guys want to change their Billion dollar game so much, perhaps we can create another game to absorb all the athletic freaks and make football a thing of the past. Maybe even the teams could be accountable to the cities that nurture them and split revenue amongst the residents. We could even design it to improve the symbiotic relationship between advertisers and our new game of not 32 rich guy owned football. Hmmmm...

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of kickers would be idiotic. It would be like turning all the pieces in a chess game to pawns. There is a ton of strategy in the game of football that would be completely lost (and the sport much worse off for it) if they got rid of kickers.

I agree..............:thumb:

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only thing i can see is the following:

a TD gets you 7. you can sit on 7 or go for 2 and get 8 (i.e the FG is implied with the 7). you miss, you lose that pt and drop to 6.

If blondes didn't have it bad enough, the NFL just made it harder for the male population to explain it to them.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Indy know for? You guessed it racing. It hold Nascar's second most prestigous race and Indy Car's most prestigous race. What do those two series' have in common? They tweak the rules often, they have had four different playoff formats in Nascar.

Irsay is seeing to it Luck will not stay a colt.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it interesting how many people cling to something for nothing but tradition's sake.

The PAT is a silly play. Getting rid of it and making the decision matter seems logical to me.

Personally I would prefer if they kept the PAT but moved it to the 25 yard line. Make it a tougher decision. Barring that I'm fine with the automatic 1 point/optional 2 point play.

But my guess is that they will only change the rule to allow defenses to score on PATs.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of Kickoffs. They serve no purpose any more and the collisions are dangerous. Other than the onside kick nothing happens. Or at least move it back to the 20. There would at least be a guaranteed return every time.