• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

extra point eliminated

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DH rule is absolutely terrible. The AL needs to get rid of it.

Every professional baseball league EXCEPT the national league has the designated hitter rule.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the PAT, I really don't care if they get rid of it. Seems kinda dumb to have a play that only matters when a statistical fluke occurs.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every professional baseball league EXCEPT the national league has the designated hitter rule.
Call me a purist but I don't think someone whose only function is hitting should should be in the lineup.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DH rule is absolutely terrible. The AL needs to get rid of it.

Wow. People who want everything to stay the same "just because" make me a little nervous. Change can be good.

Where are the people who were outraged when the NFL added the 2-pt conversion?? That wasn't "tradition", either.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. People who want everything to stay the same "just because" make me a little nervous. Change can be good.

Where are the people who were outraged when the NFL added the 2-or conversion?? That wasn't "tradition", either.
Where's my "just because" and tradition argument?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's my "just because" and tradition argument?

Not specifically you. But I have seen a ton of that in the thread and your anti-DH opinion helped highlight the point. I bet you hate the 24-second clock in basketball....

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not specifically you. But I have seen a ton of that in the thread and your anti-DH opinion helped highlight the point. I bet you hate the 24-second clock in basketball....
That is the NBA's shot clock but I do prefer the collegiate shot clock. Run and gun basketball games are fun to watch but so are the ones where teams will actually run offensive plays, drain the clock, and play stout defense. My opinion on the DH is far stronger than on the shot clock. I agree that they shouldn't be sitting there passing the ball for 20 minutes before taking a shot.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do extra points ruin the game for you ? Does it destroy your enjoyment of the game ? Is it a rule worth changing because it's just SO annoying for you on Sunday's ? NO NO NO .... Next they'll eliminate kickoffs all together, eliminate field goals because there boring for some... make a rule that QB's can't run past the line of scrimmage EVER it's too dangerous .... NFL needs to stop #@$^ing with the game, if it aint broke DON"T fix it .... taking away extra points is not a neccesary change... This is about respecting the tradition of this great game, Goodell and his cronies are trying to leave they're mark and it's beyond annoying...

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do extra points ruin the game for you ? Does it destroy your enjoyment of the game ? Is it a rule worth changing because it's just SO annoying for you on Sunday's ? NO NO NO .... Next they'll eliminate kickoffs all together, eliminate field goals because there boring for some... make a rule that QB's can't run past the line of scrimmage EVER it's too dangerous .... NFL needs to stop #@$^ing with the game, if it aint broke DON"T fix it .... taking away extra points is not a neccesary change... This is about respecting the tradition of this great game, Goodell and his cronies are trying to leave they're mark and it's beyond annoying...

You have issues if you consider the current PAT system to be "tradition" worth keeping. Sports change and evolve. This is another example.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I wonder about the most when it comes to this rule change is do they actually decrease the amount of commercials? If not the viewer is going to be just as bored between scores.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One coach to me at NFL Owners meetings...looks like we're getting rid of extra points

I know it has been talked about the last couple season but it looks like it is finally a reality
Do you mean they are considering eliminating the most exciting play in football?

:noidea:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's next? Maybe getting rid of FG's and kickoffs.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have issues if you consider the current PAT system to be "tradition" worth keeping. Sports change and evolve. This is another example.

Why....? Why does someone have issues because they like tradition ... This change can lead to more little changes and pretty soon we won't even recognize the game ...

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why....? Why does someone have issues because they like tradition ... This change can lead to more little changes and pretty soon we won't even recognize the game ...

Because it was also tradition to have the PAT back when the 2-point conversion was added. I assume you hated that, too?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me a purist but I don't think someone whose only function is hitting should should be in the lineup.
*should not be in the lineup.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it was also tradition to have the PAT back when the 2-point conversion was added. I assume you hated that, too?

I wasn't crazy about it, but it was adding something something not taking away something... Look at the current NFL and all the changes happening... Look at all the production that is up offensively because of all these little rules ... The game should be left as pure as possible ... Next, no kickoffs, no field goals ... When does it stop ? Pretty soon they'll eliminate QB's from running the ball passed the line of scrimmage... Seriously that's a danger to QB"s right ? When does the tinkering end ? It's the most popular sport in the USA BY FAR... Why @#$^ with the game so much ?

smokeyburgess

Where there's smoke, there's fire.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they get rid of kickers, I guess they'll have to change the name of the game. There will no longer be any "foot" left in football! Any suggestions for a new name for the game?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a play which accounts for like a combined 3 minutes of the game gets all this attention but putting a cameras right down the goal line gets brushed aside. That makes sense in the NFL world I guess.