• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Expectations

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-4 preseason. I havent even watched last nights game yet. I have been worried about Romos back since day 1 and all the missed practices and splitting of reps confirmed my worry. If it was my team though, I would have had another QB in here fighting with Weeden for the back up job if I was really concerned. This tells me he is OK and will be ready to go. Yes a positive from the preseason.

Offensively - I think we know what we can be if we dont kill ourselves with negative plays, but we have to get mopre consistent. Im hoping we were real vanilla in our play calling and when the ones were playing the WRs were running basic routes with no design because we didnt get much separation. The RBs should be fine.

Defensively- Its just really too many question marks right now. Many want to talk about Brent. Well it ,looks as if he may be eligible by week 5, along with Scandrick and Hamilton. T McClain, Lawrence. Spencer should be rolling in about that time too. So really 3 of our better players wont be with us until week 5. I dont know- they may not be any better than what we have week 1.

I have said nothing new. Just extremely frustrated. Im not ready to throw in the towel. I just dont think JJs quotes the other day about uphill battles were exactly killing them kindness quotes. I will just say say I felt a heck of a lot better a month ago than I do now about our team.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Im not ready to throw in the towel"

I knew I could count on you. I agree. May turn into a battle for second place where the second place team has only 6 or 7 wins. I don't know, and I won't assume I do cause of last year....like so many other informed Dallas Cowboy fans have done this preseason

It's funny...really is, and now maybe moreso than any other year posting on a cowboy football chat board.

Romo lovers / Romo haters??
Optimism / Boom & Gloom??

tee it up....I still gotta see it play out before I crown Philly eastern champs. I sure don't see it being better in NY or Washington than in Dallas. I still don't think anybody in the east plays solid defense. Matter of fact, IMO only a handful of teams in this league actual do. Better watch a little more and see how all this plays out

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I do feel better by watching the QB struggles going on in Washington and NY right now. Eli has been horrible. It kind of reminds me of Rypien the yr after Gibbs left the job to Pettibone. Yes, they thumped us that opening Monday night of the season but gone were the Rypien bombs to Sanders and Clark. Im not saying the Giants will have that kind of experience but it is clear that the QB doesnt look happy nor ready for a new style.

As far as the Skins, It looks like a QB controversy is coming. Maybe Im wrong on that, but Im not sure which I would rather see.

The Eagles- I remember a few yrs ago we played them on a Sunday night and it was almost scary to watch- Vick, McCoy, Jackson, Maclin. That was in Philly. It seems like they beat us by 100. They may do it again, but Foles just doesnt strike that same fear in me as that team did. For some reason, as bad as our defense played last year, that Eagles team had some trouble with it. Hopefully that continues.

Im hoping they use this next week like another draft and get a few players that can contribute quickly. It was wierd hearing Jones say that the other day though. I prefer to listen to Dez. According to him, we are just ready for anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-4 preseason. I havent even watched last nights game yet. I have been worried about Romos back since day 1 and all the missed practices and splitting of reps confirmed my worry. If it was my team though, I would have had another QB in here fighting with Weeden for the back up job if I was really concerned. This tells me he is OK and will be ready to go. Yes a positive from the preseason.

Offensively - I think we know what we can be if we dont kill ourselves with negative plays, but we have to get mopre consistent. Im hoping we were real vanilla in our play calling and when the ones were playing the WRs were running basic routes with no design because we didnt get much separation. The RBs should be fine.

Defensively- Its just really too many question marks right now. Many want to talk about Brent. Well it ,looks as if he may be eligible by week 5, along with Scandrick and Hamilton. T McClain, Lawrence. Spencer should be rolling in about that time too. So really 3 of our better players wont be with us until week 5. I dont know- they may not be any better than what we have week 1.

I have said nothing new. Just extremely frustrated. Im not ready to throw in the towel. I just dont think JJs quotes the other day about uphill battles were exactly killing them kindness quotes. I will just say say I felt a heck of a lot better a month ago than I do now about our team.

Your other post puts the focus in the right place ..the division. In my eyes that is really all that matters.

This whole thing reminds me of that old joke when you and your friend are being chased by a bear. You don't have to run faster then the bear, you just have to run faster then your friend.

We don't have to play great to win this division. Hell, even with that Swiss Cheese defense last year we were 5 and 1. And yes, we still found a way to lose the division but the state of this division still gives us a big leg up.

Win the division and who knows. Maybe after a dozen of games or so the defense develops a cohesiveness that opens the door to a couple of playoff wins.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Your other post puts the focus in the right place ..the division. In my eyes that is really all that matters.

This whole thing reminds me of that old joke when you and your friend are being chased by a bear. You don't have to run faster then the bear, you just have to run faster then your friend.

We don't have to play great to win this division. Hell, even with that Swiss Cheese defense last year we were 5 and 1. And yes, we still found a way to lose the division but the state of this division still gives us a big leg up.

Win the division and who knows. Maybe after a dozen of games or so the defense develops a cohesiveness that opens the door to a couple of playoff wins.

LOL...It should say that at the top of this board because I think that should be our mantra this year...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect i may be right this year. The injuries and suspensions making a suspect defense even worse. I see more of the same on offense. A couple of stuffed runs and the cowboys will put in 4 receivers and throw the ball the rest of the game. This is a 3 or 4 win team

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its never too early to talk draft. Mariotta is hoing to be a star

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too piss on my parade Arlington. You may be right. Maybe thats why im choosing to listen to Dez. He says they are ready for anything. I think he means domination. Unfortunately that sentence is open ended though. It could mean 4-12 or 12-4.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Awesome line RJ , and it does relate

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect i may be right this year. The injuries and suspensions making a suspect defense even worse. I see more of the same on offense. A couple of stuffed runs and the cowboys will put in 4 receivers and throw the ball the rest of the game. This is a 3 or 4 win team

Come on man, it can't be that bad. Of the first 10 games only 3 teams had a winning record last year.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-10 IMO.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all you Cowboy fans it could be worse...

you could be Browns fans!

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI

Otis' Prediction - 4-12

One man's opinion... and that's all. An opinion.

There is just way too much "stuff" about this team that I'm not feeling anything good about.

The defense speaks for itself... it's flat out awful and with injuries already causing havoc, last year's franchise-worst ranking is in serious jeopardy of being exceeded. Linebackers can't make plays... the line is in a state of flux and our best defensive backfield player is sitting for the first four games. nothing about that reeks of confidence.

The special teams are a mixed bag. The KR/PR teams are as good as Dwayne Harris. If he is healthy then they are fine. If not... then they are not fine. As far as the kickoff and punting teams are concerned... they got gashed way too many times in the preseason and there are still memories from last season to contend with.

The first team offense was pedestrian at best during the preseason. It "looks" like we can run the ball... it "looks" like we can pass the ball... and yet I saw way too damn many penalties (again - a broken record) that stopped drives dead in their tracks. This offense HAS to score and score consistently in order to have any chance of success. I just don't have any confidence that they can.

And - hanging over this team is the specter of Jerry and the shitstorms he has created this offseason. Take your pick of them... but there is an ill wind blowing with this team and he is contributing to them.

I originally said they would go 6-10. That was predicated on splitting the first 4 games. I'm not remotely convinced they can even do that. This team has failure wrote all over it.

I hope I'm wrong.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Awesome line RJ , and it does relate

lol, the start of the season is getting close. I'm releasing all my positive vibes now before the week 1 reality check.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all you Cowboy fans it could be worse...

you could be Browns fans!

Have to admit- last night did make me doubt- not anything you guys did - but those Aggies wow

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to admit- last night did make me doubt- not anything you guys did - but those Aggies wow

I didn't see the game but I was surprised by the final score.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one possible saving grace for this team is that the other teams in the NFC East look just about as flawed as the Cowboys. If we were in the NFC West, our 0-6 division record would send us straight to 4-12 or 5-11. But I could see us going 4-2 against the East teams with a little luck, bringing 8-8 into play, and who knows. I do think at this point 8-8 is a best case scenario though