• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Expectations

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing what I know now, I make the trade. Knowing what I did then, I probably don't.

I think the thing that hurt Tony the most, was losing Big Bill as his head coach. I think he helped Tony make better decisions and less mistakes.

I wouldn't have made the deal at the time either, though it would have been a bold way to get this team back. If you look at the models that are working now, Seattle, SF, etc, when you can put together a good defense and running game, and then land a 2nd or 3rd round QB and ask him to manage the game, you are really set, since you're paying the QB 6 figures instead of 8. Late first round may be the place to take a QB now, as taking the kid in the first round means a five year rookie deal instead of four, and control for 7. Of course, you have to hit on the QB. I think the Vikings night be the next team that pulled that off with Bridgewater

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Cowboys pick up Donald Hawkins who had played with Browns and Eagles this offseason on the o-line. Wetzel cut. Interesting claim off waivers. Another eh...move. We did need a guard so I guess it was all good. We could have picked up that kid Arkin who was cut by the Dolphins. I hear he was a former 4th round pick...LOL!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys pick up Donald Hawkins who had played with Browns and Eagles this offseason on the o-line. Wetzel cut. Interesting claim off waivers. Another eh...move. We did need a guard so I guess it was all good. We could have picked up that kid Arkin who was cut by the Dolphins. I hear he was a former 4th round pick...LOL!

You got me at the end there!!! I saw an up and comer named McQuistan was cut too. Thoughts?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have made the deal at the time either, though it would have been a bold way to get this team back. If you look at the models that are working now, Seattle, SF, etc, when you can put together a good defense and running game, and then land a 2nd or 3rd round QB and ask him to manage the game, you are really set, since you're paying the QB 6 figures instead of 8. Late first round may be the place to take a QB now, as taking the kid in the first round means a five year rookie deal instead of four, and control for 7. Of course, you have to hit on the QB. I think the Vikings night be the next team that pulled that off with Bridgewater

You make sense here. Wilson will be in line for a huge raise and then Seattles reign of dominance will slowly come to and end. I also see the Niners window slamming shut soon as they just paid their QB. Sadly we overpaid Romo and have no cap space to bring in any good players. I still think we need to draft Mariotta if given the opportunity. He would not see a huge contract for 4 or 5 seasons and by then we could restock the lineup. Sometimes it is better to suck badly for a year or two rather than stay mediocre year after year.

if all goes well the Cowboys could win 7 or 8 games this season. It is more likely that we see a complete meltdown as the Cowboys coaching staff has been stale for years. The offensive plays show no imagination and there have been no new wrinkles for the past 6 seasons. The best defenses in the NFL have proven they can stop the Cowboys offense cold. Should not be happening given the talent the Cowboys have at the skill positions.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make sense here. Wilson will be in line for a huge raise and then Seattles reign of dominance will slowly come to and end. I also see the Niners window slamming shut soon as they just paid their QB. Sadly we overpaid Romo and have no cap space to bring in any good players. I still think we need to draft Mariotta if given the opportunity. He would not see a huge contract for 4 or 5 seasons and by then we could restock the lineup. Sometimes it is better to suck badly for a year or two rather than stay mediocre year after year.

if all goes well the Cowboys could win 7 or 8 games this season. It is more likely that we see a complete meltdown as the Cowboys coaching staff has been stale for years. The offensive plays show no imagination and there have been no new wrinkles for the past 6 seasons. The best defenses in the NFL have proven they can stop the Cowboys offense cold. Should not be happening given the talent the Cowboys have at the skill positions.

The Seahawks and Niner's have a chance to be good for a long time, but if they do, it will be because their QB's take the next steps in their development. I've always liked Wilson, but it is yet to be seen if he is a top 10 guy IMO. The Seahawks were 26th in passing last season, and while Wilson played very well, it's hard to imagine a better situation. Would Wilson alone have gotten Dallas to more than 8 wins last year? I don't think we would have won 8