• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Expectations

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI

Otis' Prediction - 4-12

One man's opinion... and that's all. An opinion.

There is just way too much "stuff" about this team that I'm not feeling anything good about.

The defense speaks for itself... it's flat out awful and with injuries already causing havoc, last year's franchise-worst ranking is in serious jeopardy of being exceeded. Linebackers can't make plays... the line is in a state of flux and our best defensive backfield player is sitting for the first four games. nothing about that reeks of confidence.

The special teams are a mixed bag. The KR/PR teams are as good as Dwayne Harris. If he is healthy then they are fine. If not... then they are not fine. As far as the kickoff and punting teams are concerned... they got gashed way too many times in the preseason and there are still memories from last season to contend with.

The first team offense was pedestrian at best during the preseason. It "looks" like we can run the ball... it "looks" like we can pass the ball... and yet I saw way too damn many penalties (again - a broken record) that stopped drives dead in their tracks. This offense HAS to score and score consistently in order to have any chance of success. I just don't have any confidence that they can.

And - hanging over this team is the specter of Jerry and the shitstorms he has created this offseason. Take your pick of them... but there is an ill wind blowing with this team and he is contributing to them.

I originally said they would go 6-10. That was predicated on splitting the first 4 games. I'm not remotely convinced they can even do that. This team has failure wrote all over it.

I hope I'm wrong.

Given the makeup of the defense which I don't think anyone knows what that is..I AGREE!!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with 6-10 as well.

I don't think our offense can simply outscore everyone. I have ZERO confidence in our coaching staff and front office. It's completely on the player's shoulders, and they make far too many mistakes to be trusted. I'm hoping SOMEBODY on the front 7 learns how to shed a block this season and make some plays because thats what's getting our secondary killed. If these guys learn at least basic technique and get off blocks MAYBE we can force a punt every game.

This year I'm just looking for hope and players that might contribute to next year's squad and hopefully new coaching staff.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im struggling with my predictions for your team and mine. I do think Philly is the best team in this division but I hate the fact that they get ZERO pressure on opposing QBS.

Everytime I start to build up the confidence to say Dallas will be bad I just cant get the following strong set up on O out of my mind.

QB Romo STUD
RB Murray STUD
WR Dez STUD
TE Witten STUD
OLine Good

Last year when numbnutz was saying the Eagles will be the worst team in the league I knew our OLine was too good to be the worst team in the league. Truthfully losing sucks but if Dallas does go 4-12 it would be fantastic for their future (Winston/Mariotta). I just really cant call it either way outside that I think Philly wins this division.

But why dont we all just agree with Chris Collingsworth. He said the Eagles are going to the Super Bowl.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did say that. I heard it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im struggling with my predictions for your team and mine. I do think Philly is the best team in this division but I hate the fact that they get ZERO pressure on opposing QBS.

Everytime I start to build up the confidence to say Dallas will be bad I just cant get the following strong set up on O out of my mind.

QB Romo STUD
RB Murray STUD
WR Dez STUD
TE Witten STUD
OLine Good

Last year when numbnutz was saying the Eagles will be the worst team in the league I knew our OLine was too good to be the worst team in the league. Truthfully losing sucks but if Dallas does go 4-12 it would be fantastic for their future (Winston/Mariotta). I just really cant call it either way outside that I think Philly wins this division.

But why dont we all just agree with Chris Collingsworth. He said the Eagles are going to the Super Bowl.

well......all they gotta do is do it

kipper said they could go 13-3

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last night's performance I was extremely disappointed. I know last night's game didn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I just did not like the fact that we looked so talentless on the field. I wasn't really encouraged by anybody's performance last night. With all the injuries, suspensions, whether or not Romo is 100%, and add the fact that Jerry Jones just probably screwed our future even more (because only God knows what the penalty will be for the AP bullshit), my outlook isn't very bright.

My expectations this year aren't very high. I expect Romo to get our hopes up and let us down again. He's proven that far too often. At this point in Romo's career, you would expect him to be a mature, smart quarterback and will his team to the playoffs in a shit division, but then that wouldn't be very Tony Romo-like would it? You would expect a team with a nice young offensive line to help this team become one of the top rushing attacks in the league, but we know we can all expect Murray to either get hurt, the coaches to abandon the running game, or somebody on the offensive line or some receiver or TE will continue to commit big penalties that kill key drives that help us lose game.

You would expect a team to improve defensively after sporting last year's worst defense based on total yards, but we all know they will be somewhere in between last year and the year before's rank in defense (which is still very bad). You would expect an owner to stay behind the scenes and just sign checks, but not our owner. Nope, our piece of shit, low football acumen having owner has to also be the GM and also make at least three headlines every offseason (and it's often negative). This is the owner our fan base is blessed with. I expect more of the same old same old this year, crushing defeats, false hope wins, more bullshit Jerry Jones headlines, more key injuries, and no playoffs.

But....that doesn't mean I won't be stuck to the tv every week and hoping and praying we win every game. It doesn't mean I'm giving up on this team. And it for damn sure doesn't mean I'm like the troll Arlington and think this team can only win four games. If I was a betting man, I'd say 7-9 for now. That doesn't mean things can't change and that doesn't mean this team can't improve. Like PDay, I wanna see how things play out, but just on expectation alone this year, I have to go a game below .500 with what I've witnessed so far and the things that have transpired this offseason.

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good post earl....we've seen this play before and it's hard to see things being different.

I laughed at a post I read somewhere that said they reserved the right to change their prediction of their team after 6 games had been played. Shoot..........guess we all could get in line with that thought. I wouldn't be all that shocked if somehow we beat SF and then lost the next two somewhat win considerations

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well......all they gotta do is do it

kipper said they could go 13-3

Not a chance in hell they go 13-3. This may sound ridiculous but going to the SB is way more likely then going 13-3. What I mean is the could get some big bounces and go on a 3 game hot streak and get to the SB like the '08 Cardinals but they don't have the D talent to consistantly kick but over a 16 game season. SB is one in fifty, 13-3 ain't going to happen.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect i may be right this year. The injuries and suspensions making a suspect defense even worse. I see more of the same on offense. A couple of stuffed runs and the cowboys will put in 4 receivers and throw the ball the rest of the game. This is a 3 or 4 win team

Aren't you always right?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI

Otis' Prediction - 4-12

One man's opinion... and that's all. An opinion.

There is just way too much "stuff" about this team that I'm not feeling anything good about.

The defense speaks for itself... it's flat out awful and with injuries already causing havoc, last year's franchise-worst ranking is in serious jeopardy of being exceeded. Linebackers can't make plays... the line is in a state of flux and our best defensive backfield player is sitting for the first four games. nothing about that reeks of confidence.

The special teams are a mixed bag. The KR/PR teams are as good as Dwayne Harris. If he is healthy then they are fine. If not... then they are not fine. As far as the kickoff and punting teams are concerned... they got gashed way too many times in the preseason and there are still memories from last season to contend with.

The first team offense was pedestrian at best during the preseason. It "looks" like we can run the ball... it "looks" like we can pass the ball... and yet I saw way too damn many penalties (again - a broken record) that stopped drives dead in their tracks. This offense HAS to score and score consistently in order to have any chance of success. I just don't have any confidence that they can.

And - hanging over this team is the specter of Jerry and the shitstorms he has created this offseason. Take your pick of them... but there is an ill wind blowing with this team and he is contributing to them.

I originally said they would go 6-10. That was predicated on splitting the first 4 games. I'm not remotely convinced they can even do that. This team has failure wrote all over it.

I hope I'm wrong.

See this is where agenda seems to take over reality. Harris was almost a lock for the Pro Bowl before he got hurt. They are more than fine with him and most teams take a hit if they lose their top return man. Bailey may be the best kicker in the league. Our coverage teams from what I remember were very good last year and were I'm sure full of guys who wont make the roster in the preseason. To top it off, I don't think our long snapper has had a bad snap in the decade he has been on the team. So, yeah, we could suck on STs if things don't go our way, but trying to squeeze that in as part of the reason we WILl stink just seems a little disingenuous...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is we likely miss the playoffs, but not because we only win like 4 games. My reason is, and I'll go back to RJs joke. We don't have to out run the bear but we do have to outrun all 3 of our friends which will make it harder. My guess is we will win enough games to spend the month of December going over all of the scenarios for us to make the playoffs and probably will have a chance again in week 17. Hopefully we pull it out this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With some luck, Midway through the year our Defensive line could be:

First team: Spencer, McClain, Melton, Lawrence
Second team: Selvie, Brent, Crawford, Mincey

Not saying that is great, but isn't it OK for what many are calling BY FAR our weakest link AND the weakest part of any defense in the league coming into the year? God, I wish Sean Lee didn't get hurt again...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With some luck, Midway through the year our Defensive line could be:

First team: Spencer, McClain, Melton, Lawrence
Second team: Selvie, Brent, Crawford, Mincey

Not saying that is great, but isn't it OK for what many are calling BY FAR our weakest link AND the weakest part of any defense in the league coming into the year? God, I wish Sean Lee didn't get hurt again...

I think Spencer is done. How many NFL players have come back from microfracture? How many guys in any sport (let alone the NFL) have come back to be productive after microfracture? I would much rather prefer to see Crawford starting at the LDE.

Jerry's philosophy of counting on oft-injured players to provide bargains has really caught up with Dallas in a big way these past few years.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Spencer is done. How many NFL players have come back from microfracture? How many guys in any sport (let alone the NFL) have come back to be productive after microfracture? I would much rather prefer to see Crawford starting at the LDE.

Jerry's philosophy of counting on oft-injured players to provide bargains has really caught up with Dallas in a big way these past few years.

A lot of things Jerry does has caught up with him. Martin is a player, but the rest of this draft is a disaster IMO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, That's what I thought too. Never really expected him to play too many plays this year and then figured let him go after the year. But, on the active roster week 1 (if it does happen) changes my mind. Why would you put him on the roster for week 1 if him producing within the first few weeks isn't the thought??? Maybe I'm buying into the Jerry hype machine too much. Anyway, swap out Selvie or Crawford with Spencer and put Spencer as a situational pass rusher and it still isn't horrible which was my point. The guy I am a little disappointed in is Crawford. Didn't really see much of him and had high hopes. Hope that changes when the real games start and he gets a lot of plays. Tough to judge a DL on a handful of plays...

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If he had everyone on the roster healthy and playing at a high level, I could see 8-8 or 9-7. This is factoring no Sean Lean and Lawrence for the first half. The problem is that we have a QB with two back surgeries and a number of injuries will happen. Without a high level of play and our full ensemble on defense, 4-12 or 5-11 may be a dream. Jonesin for Jameis....

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"See this is where agenda seems to take over reality"

interesting first sentence and I know you're a free thinker.
Me?.......Over the years, I've faced much better.

Should be fun.

Hope it's ok to post this here.

Go Cowboys!
:yahoo:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"See this is where agenda seems to take over reality"

interesting first sentence and I know you're a free thinker.
Me?.......Over the years, I've faced much better.

Should be fun.

Hope it's ok to post this here.

Go Cowboys!
:yahoo:

What is your message here?

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys will be bottom feeders until we get leadership in the front office, coaching staff and players. To a man, they are settling for mediocrity.

Other than one or two individuals in the entire organization, there is no accountability.